SportsWrath

Great Pick Reese! Not!

Nesta

Lets see Spagnolu hopes to implement a defense that attacks in the mold of the Eagles Jom Johnson defense, one that is predicated on having Cb's that are big and can play in a press coverage man to man system.

Keeping that in mind how is this a bad pick? Guy is athletic and fast and also adds an added dimension as a return man.

Aside from trading down with Cleveland I like the pick.

Lets see Spagnolu hopes to implement a defense that attacks in the mold of the Eagles Jom Johnson defense, one that is predicated on having Cb's that are big and can play in a press coverage man to man system.

Keeping that in mind how is this a bad pick? Guy is athletic and fast and also adds an added dimension as a return man.

Aside from trading down with Cleveland I like the pick.

I also like the pick, but I wish we would have draft a LT. but we need a CB.

Poz is nothing, and will turn out that way. Trus'

Poz is a beast, he's gonna anchor whatever defense he's on. He may not be flashy, but he gets the job done. He just needs to get a little beefier and work on his pass coverage.

I think the knee injury he suffered (as per ESPN) made him a bit of a gamble.

His knee injury was two years ago and he proved last year that he made a full recovery. The partially torn ligaments were able to heal on their own and didn't require surgery, which is a big plus. He had an outstanding year even after switching to a new position last season.

When Jack Ham names you the best linebacker to ever play at Penn State, that's saying something. We missed out on this kid, big time.

I think Seawright has more to worry about. A whopping 1 tackle last year.

The guy barelyl cracks the minimum wage. I think it's Willie Joe (or as I mistakenly call hime: Josephe williams) who's gotta go. A total bust for a first rounder.

When Jack Ham names you the best linebacker to ever play at Penn State, that's saying something. We missed out on this kid, big time.

Thank you. That's why the Ross pick pisses me off so much.

We pass on Poz, for a punt returner. :confused:

The guy barelyl cracks the minimum wage. I think it's Willie Joe (or as I mistakenly call hime: Josephe williams) who's gotta go. A total bust for a first rounder.

I'm not going to argue that he's not a bust for a first rounder. He is. Frankly, both these guys suck on toast. But given a choice between Joseph (20 total tackles, 1 forced fumble) and Seawright (1 tackle), I'll put up with Joseph, and hope someone else shines in camp. Either way, both these clowns will probably be gone by the beginning of 2008.

Thank you. That's why the Ross pick pisses me off so much.

We pass on Poz, for a punt returner. :confused:

No, we passed on Poz for a CB. It was our most glaring need, hands down. A LB can stop a 5 yard gain but a CB stops a 40 yard play (not my best argument I know) but hey, we could've gone either way and I'm sure the argumetns for Poz are very reasonable. But at LB our need was not as dire. We got AP, Mitchell (from KC), and Wilkinson.. and there's a chance we can get Briggs.

No, we passed on Poz for a CB. It was our most glaring need, hands down. A LB can stop a 5 yard gain but a CB stops a 40 yard play (not my best argument I know) but hey, we could've gone either way and I'm sure the argumetns for Poz are very reasonable. But at LB our need was not as dire. We got AP, Mitchell (from KC), and Wilkinson.. and there's a chance we can get Briggs.

Nas, Nickel backs are a dime a dozen. We didn't draft him for his cover skills, but for his return expertise.

That's his only upside at this point, without that he would never have been considered a first round pick.

We didn't spend a 20 on a nickel back. :confused:

Nas, Nickel backs are a dime a dozen. We didn't draft him for his cover skills, but for his return expertise.

That's his only upside at this point, without that he would never have been considered a first round pick.

We didn't spend a 20 on a nickel back. :confused:

I understand your take. All I'm saying is those guys are the experts and what I saw is a corner back who can cover, deflect, and even intercept balls. His tackling skills remind of Will Allen's.

I understand your take. All I'm saying is those guys are the experts and what I saw is a corner back who can cover, deflect, and even intercept balls. His tackling skills remind of Will Allen's.

That's the only thing I like about him is his aggressiveness going after the ball, but he's not a good cover guy and not a good tackler.

But we'll see. I hope to be wrong.

Your mind is in tune with Jerry Reese. I think Zac is going to be a great player and have an immediate positive impact on this team. :clap:

I do too... Plus, all he did was blitz in college. So, we add another pass rusher to the team. give him a year or two to adjust to the speed of the game, and he is going to start for us.

Hopefully in the 5th round, we get John Wendling.

Hey, It worked last time.