SportsWrath

So Eli asked.....

*SDMF*

what has become the 2 bigest assholes on our team to come up to Jersey for mini-camps. Was listening to Biningo, and hebrought up an interesting point: Why doesnt Eli go to South Beach? It makes sense to me. Maybe he could geta little faster, alittle stronger, and work with his 2 main receivers. Im saying 2main with hopes that Shockey gets thrown to more than an average of twice a half through the first 8 games. What do you guys think about that? I think he should do it.

It'll never happen. Eli is the starting QB. The "face of the franchise." By going down to South Beach, he'd be telling the rest of the team "hey, it's OK to not be here for the offseason workouts. In fact, our team up here isn't even really that good... the Miami one is much better."

If Shockey and Plax want to workout in Miami in the offseason I think that's fine (Palmieri sucks ass as a strength and conditioning coach), but come to the passing camps and do passing drills with your QB.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks Shock and Plax are the two biggest assholes on the team.

I know shockey isnt innocent, so to say. But I feel he's really been an ass since Plax came here. I dont like Plax and his character. Am I totally being biased, or has anyone actually seen shockey throw his hands inthe air in a fit when Eli didnt find him since Plax did it? Help me out.

I know shockey isnt innocent, so to say. But I feel he's really been an ass since Plax came here. I dont like Plax and his character. Am I totally being biased, or has anyone actually seen shockey throw his hands inthe air in a fit when Eli didnt find him since Plax did it? Help me out.

I actually knew he was gonna be a headache from day one. Once things got going for him his rookie year and he started with the taunting, trash-talking, etc. I knew he was a headcase. Don't get me wrong; I love his playmaking ability and his desire to win, it's just that I'd love to have it without the stupid comments to the media, the partying, the injuries every freakin' year, the dropped passes, the antics and the handwaving.

And no, he used to do things like that before. He'd kick the pylons when a pass bounced off his hands, etc.

I know I'm in the minority but I wouldn't mind seeing one of the two of them go (for compensation, of course). The pissy attitude between the two of them is as much a poison on this team as anything else, IMHO.

Eli is the NY Giants QB not Shockey & Burress alone. :furious: Those 2 should get their butts up here with the rest of the team. I remember as a kid playing in some touch leagues and some of us would practice before the season. It just makes sense.

This is so overblown. When you look at you is the one most responsible for breakdowns in the passing game, it is Eli and not Plax and Shockey. I agree somewhat with the initial thought here, Eli could make an effort and go down there to work out with them. Think about the condition that Shockey and Plaxico are in coming to camp every year, the rest of their teamates have made comments that these 2 guys are in amazing shape coming into "camp" ( not voluntary mini camp mind you).

Once again, Eli is right and is the good guy, Shockey and Plax are the bad guys. But if it wasn't for those 2 I guarentee you Eli's Stats and performance would be a lot worse. This organization has to face reality, it's Eli who should be the main concern and his improvement.

This is so overblown. When you look at you is the one most responsible for breakdowns in the passing game, it is Eli and not Plax and Shockey. This organization has to face reality, it's Eli who should be the main concern and his improvement.

i totally agree .....well said sir

This is so overblown. When you look at you is the one most responsible for breakdowns in the passing game, it is Eli and not Plax and Shockey. I agree somewhat with the initial thought here, Eli could make an effort and go down there to work out with them. Think about the condition that Shockey and Plaxico are in coming to camp every year, the rest of their teamates have made comments that these 2 guys are in amazing shape coming into "camp" ( not voluntary mini camp mind you).

Once again, Eli is right and is the good guy, Shockey and Plax are the bad guys. But if it wasn't for those 2 I guarentee you Eli's Stats and performance would be a lot worse. This organization has to face reality, it's Eli who should be the main concern and his improvement.

:clap:

I can't agree that Eli should be the concern. The problem was playcalling and a lack of timing with his main targets.

Remember life with KC? The guy could really move the ball between the 20's, but damned if he couldn't get in the endzone.

Now we have a qb that statistically gets better when he gets in the redzone, and even better when he's inside the 10. Not to mention he gets better as a game progresses, or has proven he can come back and win when he's down late.

The kid is young, he's developing nicely. I think we all just had higher expectations because of his last name, and need just a little more patience. He's got IT, and he's shown that many times.

i couldn't possibly agree any more. eli sounds like a bitch. i mean there's all the comparisons to other top qb's drafted, but i tell you this. all of those guys go to shit teams with no talent. eli was drafted to a team that had an awful year, but had a pro bowl rb, te and arguably wr. i have defended and made excuses for this guy non stop, but i'm getting tired of it. eli was a number 1 pick, he shunned the team that drafted him, and he should be better than he has to this point. i haven't given up on him, by any means, but this guy better step it up this year, and i mean pro bowl level. if he does not, then it will be certain to me, that he will never ever be a top qb, and the best, i mean absolute best scenario i could hope for is for eli to be simms like, which i don't even know if he will. i don't care if shockey and plax are the biggest @ssholes in the world, at least they perform, which is all i care about. who cares if they're not nice people, it's not like they're getting arrested. this is football people, so eli should worry about getting better, acting like a man, and improving his game, instead of calling out his recievers, cause they don't want to workout with him. it's obvious, their regimen seems to be working better.....

I disagree. Shockey was mediocre at beat and Plax gave 40% effort on almost every play. It's Toomer who's the MVP of this team. Low key dignified and humble.. you kno how rare those traits are nowadays?

I disagree. Shockey was mediocre at beat and Plax gave 40% effort on almost every play. It's Toomer who's the MVP of this team. Low key dignified and humble.. you kno how rare those traits are nowadays?

Come to think of it...Eli threw a better pass to Toomer on most occasions than he did to Plax. Maybe there's something there??? Case in point...even the winning TD pass vs. Denver (in which Eli threw off his back foot) was a decent pass. And the pass when the Giants played KC...Toomer got down and his knee ALMOST touched the turf....

...subconciously I believe that Eli has a little less confidence in Plax, Shockey and Finn (as far as catching).

:mellow:

Umm, Shockey had another pro-bowl season and was one the leader in catches, yards and TD.