SportsWrath

Great, now Jeter is out....... WTF else can go wrong???

RaginCaucasian

:furious: :explode:

SHIT SHIT SHIT!!!! :furious: :explode:

Updated: April 24, 2007, 8:43 PM ET

Jeter out in 1st; Yanks activate Wang from DL

Associated Press

New York Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter left Tuesday night's game against Tampa Bay with a bruised left thigh after being hit with a first-inning pitch by the Devil Rays' Scott Kazmir.

Jeter was plunked on the side of his left leg, just above the knee. After being checked by a trainer and talking to manager Joe Torre, the Yankees captain walked to first base and remained in the game until New York took the field for the bottom of the first.

Jeter was replaced at shortstop by Miguel Cairo.

The Yankees activated right-hander Chien-Ming Wang from the 15-day disabled list to start.

Wang, who won 19 games last season, had been out since March 23, when he hurt his right hamstring while running. He pitched in two minor league games while rehabbing, including a five-inning outing last Thursday for Class-A Tampa.

"Physically, he's fine," Yankees manager Joe Torre said. "They've said all his stuff has been good."

The Yankees optioned outfielder Kevin Thompson to Triple-A Scranton.

New York pitcher Mike Mussina, on the DL with a strained left hamstring, threw 50 pitches off a bullpen mound and is scheduled to make a minor league rehab start Friday for Double-A Trenton at Harrisburg.

"The leg is good," Mussina said. "I think it will be fine."

If all goes well, he could pitch against Texas on May 2 or 3.

:furious: :explode: :furious: :explode: :furious: :explode: :furious: :explode: :furious: :explode:

The sky is not falling. These losses hurt, don’t get me wrong, but its only April and we’ve had a ton of injuries…there’s not a team in the league that could go without their number 1, 3 and 4 starters and not feel it. This causes the bullpen to be overworked (which is an understatement in the Yankees case) and blow some leads when the starter does go fairly deep into the game (like last night). And lets not forget Matsui has been out and his replacement, Melky has been HORRIBLE. Also we’ve had a few more players banged up causing them to miss a game or two here and there. Now Torre is a horrible manager and that will never change, but eventually/hopefully the team will all be healthy and we’ll be fine

Do not fret my Yankee fan friends for I come to you with a small reminder why you should back away from the ledge.

11-19 in 2005.

And I'm curious, did you guys think that Torre sucked when he was winning 4 championships? It's a serious question. It seems that a lot of Yankee fans think he rode a great team to those titles, but there is no doubt that the players he has now are better. So he had to be doing something right with less talented players, right?

Do not fret my Yankee fan friends for I come to you with a small reminder why you should back away from the ledge.

11-19 in 2005.

And I'm curious, did you guys think that Torre sucked when he was winning 4 championships? It's a serious question, I'm not being an ass this time. It seems that a lot of Yankee fans think he rode a great team to those titles, but there is no doubt that the players he has now are better. So he had to be doing something right with less talented players, right?

I can honestly say that I have never liked Torre and have been bashing him since 96.

He's great with the players and great with the media, and that is important, especially in this town, but his in game management is atricous...anyone could have won with the teams he had...he had the best roatation in the game and the best bullpen...with a bunch of guys that had a knack for getting timely hits and played solid defense.

they always suck in april.

and the devil rays are no longer a push over. they got some players.

thats very true...

Crawford and Baldelli are very good

Hall does a nice job at catcher

Upton and Gathright are emerging stars

Lugo does a nice job

Delvin Young is a future all-star

Scott Kazmir is great young pitcher

Baez is a nice closer

and they have many other nice young players...in another year or two I can see this team as a playoff contender

thats very true...

Crawford and Baldelli are very good

Hall does a nice job at catcher

Upton and Gathright are emerging stars

Lugo does a nice job

Delvin Young is a future all-star

Scott Kazmir is great young pitcher

Baez is a nice closer

and they have many other nice young players...in another year or two I can see this team as a playoff contender

Baez is on the Orioles, Hall the White Sox, Lugo the Red Sox and Gathright is on the Royals