SportsWrath

William Joseph

Money

Good to know the offences were rated about the same. I'll take your word on it.

In my opinion loosing Joseph was a blow, I want to say that right now.

However he was only one of many players to be lost from the starting line up in the various games. You have to admit that all those stats are affected by losing 3 LB's plus Grierson being injured and still playing? No?

For me Joseph is about a 30% proportion of the over impact you mentioned, with Pierce being about another 40%, plus Tobor and Emmons another 30% between them.

If you could name the starting line-ups along with those matches you mention then you get a better overall picture. Can you do that easily?

Again, Joseph was playing well and was a important lose to the D.

But number one was Pierce, number two was the collective lose of the whole LB core and number 3 was Joseph. If we had the starting D line-ups we would have a better idea. Maybe I am wrong.

Also, props for doing the analysis in the first place, I wish I had some more time to talk about this and do what I asked myself.

I do know that the team played 3 games between Joseph's injury and Pierce's injury: vs. Philly, @ Seattle, vs. Dallas. Pierce got injured the following week against the Eagles. Emmons was injured prior to the following game vs. Kansas City, while Torbor got hurt the following week @Washington.

Last year was damn good flash, contrary to what the Fab 4 thinks. Joseph played very well in 2005 before getting hurt, and the team missed him a lot, as evidenced by the decline in overall defensive performance. Last year was first time he had a full offseason program and training camp (rookie in 2003, torn pectoral in 2004), and he did very well. Now I'd like to see how he'd do playing next to another strong DT...

Part of being a successful player is staying on the field. He has showed flashes. Of course most of us understand that he played well last year, but 10 games of 3 years does not make a player.

Edited by 27Hampton