SportsWrath

Baseball's 10 best GM's

fringe

cameron is a 30-30 guy and a gold glove CF. i'll take him over nady anyday. meredith would close on like 20 teams right now, including yours. and just wait on bard, he's a straight up stud. he hit .338 with 9 homeruns, 30 runs and 40 rbi in only 230 at bats last season

cameron is a 30-30 guy and a gold glove CF. i'll take him over nady anyday. meredith would close on like 20 teams right now, including yours. and just wait on bard, he's a straight up stud. he hit .338 with 9 homeruns, 30 runs and 40 rbi in only 230 at bats last season

Cameron is a 30-30 guy, problem is, he strikes out ALL THE TIME.

You could never trust Mike Cameron in a tough spot, cause he will fail.

I'll take the guy who the Mets brought into replace him, Carlos Beltran. :ph34r:

:blah:

i'll give you claw meredith. cameron hasn't been 30/30 in the same season yet in his career, which is on the decline. i like him, thought he'd be better than he is. that park puts hitters to sleep. bard=baad

cameron's never been 30-30 in the same season but he's been 21-38, 25-34, 25-31, 30-22 and played gold glove level cf the entire time. even last year he missed the first month of the season and hit .268 with 22 homeruns 83 rbi 88 r, 25 steals and 9 triples. if you want to say he's a 25-30 guy i dont care, that makes very little difference to me, especially when you compare him with nady and look at like maybe 2 or 3 other cf's who can do all that.

bard's the man, but you'll come to see that this season

and waht about chris young?

cameron's never been 30-30 in the same season but he's been 21-38, 25-34, 25-31, 30-22 and played gold glove level cf the entire time. even last year he missed the first month of the season and hit .268 with 22 homeruns 83 rbi 88 r, 25 steals and 9 triples. if you want to say he's a 25-30 guy i dont care, that makes very little difference to me, especially when you compare him with nady and look at like maybe 2 or 3 other cf's who can do all that.

bard's the man, but you'll come to see that this season

and waht about chris young?

Those aren't great numbers considering that he is the 5th hitter.

Jose Reyes had comparable stats and he hit lead off.

Those aren't great numbers considering that he is the 5th hitter.

Jose Reyes had comparable stats and he hit lead off.

they are when you consider all the other great fielding CF today. why would you compare him with reyes or beltran? those are great players, im not saying he's anywhere near a player like that. but who else does cameron move to RF for?

they are when you consider all the other great fielding CF today. why would you compare him with reyes or beltran? those are great players, im not saying he's anywhere near a player like that. but who else does cameron move to RF for?

Andruw Jones

Ichiro

Jim Edmonds (pre 'roids)

Torri Hunter

Vernon Wells

Carlos Beltran

I'd take over Cameron, who I wouldn't want on my team again.

ichiro and cameron were teammates for 3 seasons and ichiro was in RF and cameron was in CF. there's a reason for that.

torii hunter is maybe a little better than cameron in the field, but is the exact same type of player at the plate--only not as consistent as cameron

i dont know why edmonds pre-roids is being brought up since that guy hasn't played in 10 years and im talking about cf's right now. his ba was a little bit better pre-roids but power was the same and cameron has better speed.

but yes, the 3 cf's i had in mind were wells, beltran, and jones. they are better players. but so what? i'm making the argument that cameron is better than the average CF, not the best. and certainly better than nady. and as the bigger picture arugment that these hitters aren't great hitters, who cares? the pads are about to prove for the 3rd year in a row that you dont need a great lineup to win a division

add pierre to that list.

haha, pierre bats .300, steals 45, and that's it. he's a leadoff hitter who doesn't get on base and his defense doesn't touch camerons. i never heard of a guy who consistently steals 45, bats .300 and has barely gone over 100 runs 3 times in his career. and i wont even bring up how much he's getting paid compared to cameron

and as the bigger picture arugment that these hitters aren't great hitters, who cares? the pads are about to prove for the 3rd year in a row that you dont need a great lineup to win a division

but obviously you do to sniff a win in a playoff ;):

you know i'm messing with you, right? its the only joy i get bdc my team is mired at below mediocre.

but obviously you do to sniff a win in a playoff ;):

you know i'm messing with you, right? its the only joy i get bdc my team is mired at below mediocre.

yeah of course, i love arguing baseball, i dont mad at cracks on the padres--it's a step up from ignoring them like everyone else does

yeah of course, i love arguing baseball, i dont mad at cracks on the padres--it's a step up from ignoring them like everyone else does

i think it's the city, there's not much to say about san diego except great weather, near mexico....

Cashman doesnt deserve to be on that list, but niether do some of the guys that are actually on there...he's good, not great. he makes alot of questionable moves/non moves...but he did have an INCREDIBLE draft last year...a year where it was fully his show. his went with guys that most teams were scared of because they felt they were unsignable...he got 2 pitchers in that draft that instantly became top 100 prospects....and one of those 2 guys was taken in the later rounds.

I didnt think he did a good job this offseason, he left too many loose ends and theyre showing right now