SportsWrath

Greatest and Worst Giants moments in your lifetime.

Sephiroth

wait, was that the week when simms said the niners 'laid down like dogs' against the rams whose loss would have also secured us a playoff spot?

Never a more true quote or statement by any athlete. Simms literally hated the 69'ers and Montana with a religious passion. They absolutely did not want to see LT and company having any shots at Montana or Roger Craig.

wait, was that the week when simms said the niners 'laid down like dogs' against the rams whose loss would have also secured us a playoff spot?

He did. But then again, you get in on your own merit, not because everyone else sucks worse than you.

Like last years playofss. :rolleyes:

He did. But then again, you get in on your own merit, not because everyone else sucks worse than you.

But Booyah that was the year of the crazy tie breakers....and the Giants that year were clearly one of the 5 best teams in the league. Again this was instrumental in getting an additional Wild Card team added. Last years G-men are no comparison to the 1988 team.

But Booyah that was the year of the crazy tie breakers....and the Giants that year were clearly one of the 5 best teams in the league. Again this was instrumental in getting an additional Wild Card team added. Last years G-men are no comparison to the 1988 team.

I know TBC, but you can't let the Jets hang around in that game knowing what was at stake.

The extra wild card was in limbo for years because the Networks were pushing for it. The Giants not making the playoffs was a very small part of it.

I wasn't comparing them to last year's team. Last year's team got in because the NFC in general sucked.

I know TBC, but you can't let the Jets hang around in that game knowing what was at stake.

The extra wild card was in limbo for years because the Networks were pushing for it. The Giants not making the playoffs was a very small part of it.

I wasn't comparing them to last year's team. Last year's team got in because the NFC in general sucked.

It still hurts Bro.......I still see Ol'Concussed Al Toon coming down with that ball in my nightmares. :cwy:

i remember saying the same: beat the jets and we don't worry about dogs lying down.

It still hurts Bro.......I still see Ol'Concussed Al Toon coming down with that ball in my nightmares. :cwy:

Back then, I kinda followed the Jets a little. They had some good players. Freeman McNeil was as honest a running back you could get and Mickey Shuler was a tough bastard of a tight end, Wesley Walker and the helicopter catch. But I had a lot of time for Al Toon, he was a good wide receiver and his name was the best. It's too bad the guy is still suffering from concussions.

That said, I have absolutely zero time for the Jets anymore, I don't watch their games at all. They can leave town for all I care.

Back then, I kinda followed the Jets a little. They had some good players. Freeman McNeil was as honest a running back you could get and Mickey Shuler was a tough bastard of a tight end, Wesley Walker and the helicopter catch. But I had a lot of time for Al Toon, he was a good wide receiver and his name was the best. It's too bad the guy is still suffering from concussions.

That said, I have absolutely zero time for the Jets anymore, I don't watch their games at all. They can leave town for all I care.

Don't be ashame man, Al Toon was a great WR... I kinda follow the Jet myself. After 9/11, I root for ALL NY teams now. Of course, the Yankees, Giants, Rangers and knick come first. But I still root for the rest though.

Don't be ashame man, Al Toon was a great WR... I kinda follow the Jet myself. After 9/11, I root for ALL NY teams now. Of course, the Yankees, Giants, Rangers and knick come first. But I still root for the rest though.

No, I'm not ashamed of it at all. I was a much bigger sports fanatic 10 years ago than I am now. I've gone to my share of Jets games and I think that's part of the reason why I don't have time for them anymore, because their fans are just the bottom of the barrel IMO. Sure, they have some decent fans, but if you ever needed to pick 10 assholes for any reason, a Jets game is a good place to do it. Plus that franchise is cursed and just can't be taken seriously at all. I tell you , every 3 years they hit rock bottom and eventually all their draft picks leave them, they just have no respect at all.

I used to be a huge Knicks fans until the Dolans, and I don't have much time for the Rangers either. All the other teams I root for, plus the Jersey teams.

Al Toon was a great wide receiver, I really feel bad for the guy.

No, I'm not ashamed of it at all. I was a much bigger sports fanatic 10 years ago than I am now. I've gone to my share of Jets games and I think that's part of the reason why I don't have time for them anymore, because their fans are just the bottom of the barrel IMO. Sure, they have some decent fans, but if you ever needed to pick 10 assholes for any reason, a Jets game is a good place to do it. Plus that franchise is cursed and just can't be taken seriously at all. I tell you , every 3 years they hit rock bottom and eventually all their draft picks leave them, they just have no respect at all.

I used to be a huge Knicks fans until the Dolans, and I don't have much time for the Rangers either. All the other teams I root for, plus the Jersey teams.

Al Toon was a great wide receiver, I really feel bad for the guy.

Yeah don't get me wrong....I take no glee in his sometimes foggy state of mind. I just wish he had hands of stone for about 5 seconds during that back breaking catch of his.