SportsWrath

Greatest and Worst Giants moments in your lifetime.

Sephiroth

I'd have to say the greatest moment was "wide right." Man, the first time we won a Super Bowl I was in fourth grade... but this one I was old enough to really enjoy and remember.

I thought he was gonna make it, too. When it went wide right, it was pure chaos in my house. Everyone was jumping and laughing... and after Matt Bahr had made that game winner vs. San Francisco to get us in the Super Bowl, it was like pure magic. My dad broke out the champagne for all of us, it was great. I always thought if Jim Kelly had run Thurman Thomas all game we'd have been killed... but Kelly wanted to be the MVP, and he blew it for himself and his whole team. Man, I'll never forget Otis Anderson's uppercut.

The worst moment had to be the 39-38 San Francisco game. To blow a lead like that... after Shockey dropped that pass in the endzone and laughed about it, I knew we were in for a fight until the end of the game. When they started coming back, I didn't really think we'd collapse the way we did... even though the memory of the Vikings playoff collapse was still burned into my memory from a few years earlier. TO's fucking bullshit... right then I really knew I hated that fuck. When Collins lead the team down the field, I felt sick as we lined up for the game winning field goal... and my feelings were justified when Trey Junkin muffed it.

But a ray of hope! Seubert was CLEARLY was tackled while the ball was in mid-air! Penalty flags all over! Surely, one of the refs had seen it, right? It was impossible for ALL the officials to miss a guy being dragged down by his pads as the ball sails over his head, right? :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Fucking assholes.

I'd have to say the greatest moment was "wide right." Man, the first time we won a Super Bowl I was in fourth grade... but this one I was old enough to really enjoy and remember.

I thought he was gonna make it, too. When it went wide right, it was pure chaos in my house. Everyone was jumping and laughing... and after Matt Bahr had made that game winner vs. San Francisco to get us in the Super Bowl, it was like pure magic. My dad broke out the champagne for all of us, it was great. I always thought if Jim Kelly had run Thurman Thomas all game we'd have been killed... but Kelly wanted to be the MVP, and he blew it for himself and his whole team. Man, I'll never forget Otis Anderson's uppercut.

The worst moment had to be the 39-38 San Francisco game. To blow a lead like that... after Shockey dropped that pass in the endzone and laughed about it, I knew we were in for a fight until the end of the game. When they started coming back, I didn't really think we'd collapse the way we did... even though the memory of the Vikings playoff collapse was still burned into my memory from a few years earlier. TO's fucking bullshit... right then I really knew I hated that fuck. When Collins lead the team down the field, I felt sick as we lined up for the game winning field goal... and my feelings were justified when Trey Junkin muffed it.

But a ray of hope! Seubert was CLEARLY was tackled while the ball was in mid-air! Penalty flags all over! Surely, one of the refs had seen it, right? It was impossible for ALL the officials to miss a guy being dragged down by his pads as the ball sails over his head, right? :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Fucking assholes.

No they saw the anointed ones "The 69'ers" being robbed of a chance to advance......so ineligible lineman down field....and Gentleman Jim takes up the ass like a trooper and does not grab the ref by the throat and rightly argue that those are offsetting penalties ....re kick. And to see that fuck of a San Fran coach say to the cameras "oh that's a bummer" when told that his team won in the end because the refs did not enforce the rules. Now a true class act would have said "well both teams battled well ...and that is the kind of game that should have been settled on the field....I am proud of my guys for coming back... and the Giants should be proud of themselves for playing to the last down" or something like that. I was so glad he went to Detroit and as was ridden out of town the fuck.

My favorite moment has to be the dethroning of the same "69'ers" in 90' ( I was working for NY DMV back then) when the champagne was ready to be popped and the t-shirts were already printed...to see Eric Howard put his helmet into the ball and have it fall into LT's hands I knew we were going to win. Then Gary Reason's fake punt ....and finally Matt Bahrs kick...and hearing Pat Summerall (A Giant amongst Giants) saying "there will be no Three-Peat". I think I came in my pants. :drool::freaked: The SuperBowl was almost as sweet. :clap:

I think one of the best moments was the championship game vs the Vikes. One of the worst was the following game. :furious: Ugh, what a terrible week that was at work.

THE worst is the 9ers game, bar none. I remember watching the game and TO scored and Strahan did his point to the scoreboard. I had a big time "Oh shit" moment. I literally went hoarse screaming at the TV. Plus hockey's Big Man move running toward the defender and not making it. When he cut towards the defender I thought, "Yeah, plow him Shock".. When he didn't, I thought, Dumbass.

Since 1984.

Best: winning superbowl 21. Second half ass whupping baby!!

Worst: Quite a few, but losing to the Jets at home when Al toon caught the ball in the endzone, sucked royally. If I remember correctly, if he doesn't catch it I believe we win the division, but when he did catch, not only did we not win the division but we didn't even make the playoffs. Parcells had that "what the fuck?", look when it happened. Plus we lost to the Jets at home.

The Flipper Anderson catch against the Rams at home sucked pretty bad too.

I think one of the best moments

THE worst is the 9ers game, bar none. I remember watching the game and TO scored and Strahan did his point to the scoreboard. I had a big time "Oh shit" moment. I literally went hoarse screaming at the TV.

I still taste vomit in my throat when I think of that moment. I lost a lot of respect for Strahan that day.

Best moment: Super Bowl 25, nobody thought they had a chance against the Bills, Ottis running through them like a hot knife through butter, Andre Reed getting nothing done after Pepper Johnson drills him over the middle in the first quarter, making Thurman Thomas look human for 3 quarters. :rock:

Best moment seen in person: Three way tie! Eli brings the Giants back against the Broncos, Giants beat the Eagles in the playoffs in 2000, Win & In 2002.

Worst moment (seen in person): Randall Cuntingham in the sleet, snow & freezing rain bringing the Vikings back (with help from the refs....... Jake Fucking Reed was out of bounds!) in the 1997 Wild Card. Never have I been more sick in my life watching that game, all it would have taken to secure victory was Calloway holding onto an on-sides kick & they could have run out the clock...... fucking bullshit, utter fucking bullshit. Went to the game with my dad, sat in that ass-nasty weather (between the weather & my screaming I lost my voice & got the flu) & then didn't speak to him about the Giants for almost 6 months, that's how repulsed I was.

Eli brings the Giants back against the Broncos, Giants beat the Eagles in the playoffs in 2000, Win & In 2002.

Man, I was at all three of those too. I've gotta say, as far as the most Euphoric, the win vs. the Vikings in the championship game was right up there. During Kate Mara's singing of the national anthem, jets strafed the stadium unannounced (this was pre-9/11) and scared the crap outta everybody. The adrenaline fed the crowd; no one was quiet, and NO ONE SAT DOWN. Up until the very end, everyone stayed in the stadium, and everyone screamed until their throats were bleeding.

That Denver win was awesome though. Man, you could cut the tension with a knife in those last two minutes. That might be the best ending to a Giants game I've ever been to... I really thought Eli had taken the next step in that game (now I think he's taken three back, lol).

Super Bowl 21....I had to eat shit off of Bears and Viking fans from 1971 until that day.

Herm Edwards. Still makes me crazy to this day.

C. Wagon

Same here. I spent that whole Superbowl thinking about giants fans I'd lost contact with, and hoping that they were watching too.

The Cardinals game in 1983 that ended in a tie was a slice of misery as well. The Cards were really bad back then, and when you can't manage a win off that sorry ass group, you're miserable as well. Just too embarrassing.

i think that was a monday night game against the cardinals. that was a low point.

There was an end of season game against the Bears in the early 70's. The only time Csonka ran for over 100 yards in a giants uni. it was an ice storm and both teams were trying to lose for draft placement. my dad and i stayed till the end, we couldn't even lose well back then, we won something like 12-6. that was when i knew i was in for some suffering.

Since 1984.

Best: winning superbowl 21. Second half ass whupping baby!!

Worst: Quite a few, but losing to the Jets at home when Al toon caught the ball in the endzone, sucked royally. If I remember correctly, if he doesn't catch it I believe we win the division, but when he did catch, not only did we not win the division but we didn't even make the playoffs. Parcells had that "what the fuck?", look when it happened. Plus we lost to the Jets at home.

The Flipper Anderson catch against the Rams at home sucked pretty bad too.

And Joe Fucking Walton runs onto the field like he won the fucking Super Bowl. And then the 69'ers roll over to the Rams so they don't have to face the Giants. 1988 was a lousy football year. I think that was the main reason they added an additional Wild Card. 10-6 back then was a 12-4 in todays stats in my opinion.

And Joe Fucking Walton runs onto the field like he won the fucking Super Bowl. And then the 69'ers roll over to the Rams so they don't have to face the Giants. 1988 was a lousy football year. I think that was the main reason they added an additional Wild Card. 10-6 back then was a 12-4 in todays stats in my opinion.

To Joe Walton, that was the Superbowl.

I agree with you, that season just had a bad feeling to it all year. That was the year we were supposed to put it all back together after the 87 strike year.

Well, in my lifetime...

Bad

49ers loss

SB XXXV-Worst

Good

NFC Championship 2000

ehhh....

Yeah I was around for SB XXI and XXV but I can't remember them.

Strangely enough, the Loss in Superbowl 35 was not what I'd consider a low point. We overachieved all year long. Fassel made his prediction, it came through and the team rallied behind it. Our Superbowl that year was whipping the Vikes, who were supposed to beat us. In the Superbowl, we were one bullshit defensive holding call on Keith Hamilton from that game taking a 180 degree turn in our favor, but we can't complain because no-one could withstand that Raven defense defense that season. Overall the season itself overshadowed the superbowl loss.

In the Superbowl, we were one bullshit defensive holding call on Keith Hamilton from that game taking a 180 degree turn in our favor, but we can't complain because no-one could withstand that Raven defense defense that season.

That was the worst call in a Super Bowl I've ever seen. What the fuck? Why do the Giants always end up losing games on shitty calls (or non-calls) from the refs?

That was the worst call in a Super Bowl I've ever seen. What the fuck? Why do the Giants always end up losing games on shitty calls (or non-calls) from the refs?

Unwritten rule in the NFL rulebook.

Best: Actually my earliest memory. My father screaming "No Good! Giants Win!" when Norwood missed the 47-yarder.

After that it has to be the 2000 season up until the Super Bowl. I remember the craziness that was the NFC Championship game. My cousin and uncle (both Dallas fans) came over to "pay their respects" as they said. My sister wanted to know why they didn't have some kind of mercy rule in football cause it was "unfair to allow the Giants to continue to stomp their pride into the ground." That was a great season eventhough it ended badly.

Worst: Super Bowl XXXV: Momentum is a bitch.

49ers playoff debacle: That game alone showed me how important John Fox was to the team. TO made us look like shit. That was the day I began to hate him.

Vikings playoff debacle: Someone said it before... Whoever caught the go-ahead TD for the Vikings was out of bounds. Aside from that, seeing players on this team fighting each other on the field was sickening.

My 2 favorites were winning the 2 Super Bowls. The 2 worst - 1. watching Frank Gifford's career come to an end - almost and watching Jim Brown carry 7 of my beloved Giants into the end zone. Maybe it was 4 but as I recall there were bodies hanging all over him. Un flocking real.

My 2 favorites were winning the 2 Super Bowls. The 2 worst - 1. watching Frank Gifford's career come to an end - almost and watching Jim Brown carry 7 of my beloved Giants into the end zone. Maybe it was 4 but as I recall there were bodies hanging all over him. Un flocking real.

Huff & co.usually held Jim Brown relatively in check. But once he broke into the secondary, you saw a lot if that.

I am with booyah on the Jets, Al Toon over Tom Flynn to knock us out of the playoffs in 88'. I was a freshman in high school and the like 3 loser Jet fans in school broke my balls all off season. That was brutal.

Best was the 86 championship game, although winning it in sb xxi and sbxxv was a great feeling, being at that game in 86, freezing fucking cold, wind whipping like a hurricane and grown men(my dad and grandfather come to mind)looking out at that field like little kids seeing what they never thought they would see again will stick in my mind forver. Some of those people sat there week in and week out for years as the franchise floundered for years with lousy football. Thats why I guess you always have to appreciate a good season, because the alternative or what fans went through from 63-81 would be absolute torture. That was a great day and one I personally will never ever forget. The images stick in my mind as vividly as if it were yesterday.

Best Moments:

-Seeing Lawrence Taylor innovate the meaning of an outside LB and wreck havoc his first season as a Giant.

-1990 season when the Giants beat the Forty Niners in the playoffs. The G men shut down the 49ers and they blew Montana out the box like a shotgun to a clay pigeon! I can also remember LT and company causing the SF 49er back to fumble to position the G men to a winning FG. THAT victory was oh so sweet because in the same season, the 49ers beat the G men on a Monday night 7-3. I remember after the game was over, Lott and Simms were going at it face mask to face mask. I knew we'd see those 69ers again!!! And we did!!!

-And of course the Superbowl win vs Buffalo. NO one gave the Giants a chance (Jeff Hoss and Ottis Anderson) your backups starting in key positions. The missed FG was GREAT by Norwood!!!

Worse moments

-Giants vs Rams in playoff game 1989. Went to OT. Rams were driving the ball in O.T. and the G men dee stood tall. The refs called a Bullshit pass int call vs the Giants and the very next play Flipper caught a TD, and ran thru the tunnel. Giants lost!!! And as a grown man, I creid TEARS that day!

-Giants vs 49ers. The 'meltdown' game. No need to get into how the Giants BLEW a lead or how the Giants effed up the potential winning FG. Arrrgh!!!

-Last game of the season 1993. Giants vs Dallas. The OT game loss that featured Emmit Smith killin' the Giants with a dislocated shoulder. The Giant loss was also the divisional lead lost too. Man!!!

I am with booyah on the Jets, Al Toon over Tom Flynn to knock us out of the playoffs in 88'. I was a freshman in high school and the like 3 loser Jet fans in school broke my balls all off season. That was brutal.

wait, was that the week when simms said the niners 'laid down like dogs' against the rams whose loss would have also secured us a playoff spot?

Best: Wide Right. The only reason I'd pick something else like the 41-0 thrashing of the vikings in the playoffs is because I was too young to be so into football at the time.

Worse: The loss to the 49ers. Talk about slow bleed. and to cap it off the botched snap and the non-call.

I am still awaiting a replay on that bogus bullshit call. Maybe one day I will look up the name of the ref that threw that flag....go to his home....and ask the bastard plainly...."How much money did they pay you to make that call?" Art Modell was ordained to win his one Super Bowl before he croaked.