SportsWrath

When LT came out of college, was he hyped?

bamf75

I mean, did draft prognosticators say he was going to redefine tb LB position?

No one could of imagined he'd be that good, including himself. But he was a big thing, one of my earliest mremories in becoming a Giant fan.

well i wasnt alive but he was the second overall taken which means there had to be some hype...

also in his book parcells was saying how the one Giant scout was all over LT and for Parcells to go down and see him

also this is just a guess but i dont think the draft back then had nearly the hype it has today

well i wasnt alive but he was the second overall taken which means there had to be some hype...

also in his book parcells was saying how the one Giant scout was all over LT and for Parcells to go down and see him

also this is just a guess but i dont think the draft back then had nearly the hype it has today

I was 10 goin on 11 when he was drafted, and youre right, the draft wasnt like it was today. But sports fans, Giant fans knew what was goin on. He was the best LB comin out of college, the Gmen were all over him. No one knew he would be the best FOOTBALL PLAYER, he showed us that.

Guest Nutty Sack
What LB out right now reminds you of LT the most??

I'd probably say a healthy Ray Lewis

You just spoke volumes about your inept football knowledge my friend. Ray Lewis doesn't deserve to even sniff LT's jock strap. It would be a stretch to say his left leg resembles LT.

Go back to sleep and your John Madden game boy.

Guest Nutty Sack
I would say maybe a Merriman just because of the speed and sacks

Another moron !! Why are we saddled with these people.Oh but what a cross to bear.

Guest nosebleed

:LMAO:

You should stand in a corner with a big pointed hat.

I wont go as far as some on this thread, but they are right. So far, I think Im the oldest to comment and have seen him play, (im 35), and NO ONE is even close. NO ONE. That is THE BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER in the world. Not LB....BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER EVER. He is the only player, where other teams planned how to stop HIM. They didnt paln to get to Simms, stop Joe Morris...they planned thier WHOLE game around stopping LT.

BIGBLUE is right. It was jaw-dropping to watch him play his first season. You would sit there watching this guy get behind the LOS, and chase down the running back, who was running away from him, for a loss. And it wasn't a highlight because he would do it repeatedly.

I honestly can't think of any player, especially on defense, that had such an impact on any given game. And I don't think I ever will.

The draft wasn't as much of a big deal back then, as it is now. I remember reading about him making a splash in training camp, but that's about it.

Guest Floyd The Barber

this is sheer stupidity right here...Ray Lewis is the Mc Hammer of football...a big hype show...you ever see LT do a dance during his introduction ?? LT would come out and all you would see is white teeth and the white of his eyes...he was one scary mother...he wore his finger tips taped and would chase down opposing running backs from the opposite end of pursuit at times without his shoes...he revolutionized the position...Ray Lewis is just a thug...in every sense of the word...there will never be another Defensive player the caliber of LT...we were lucky to call him ours

Guest Nutty Sack
well currently who in the NFL do you feel RESEMBLES him the most i did not say merriman is as good as him they just play a similar game

so who would you say

Perhaps I didn't make my point clear enough. Your question can not be answered. There is no one.

There is not a LB alive today that compares to LT.

LT was hyped and the Saints did us a HUGE favor taking George Rogers. There was dissension in the Giants draft room as many felt with Van Pelt, Kelly, Carson the Giants were set at the LB spot. Parcells was the LB coach and he lobbied for LT and Perkins was always a defene first guy. It was ultimately George Youngs call and there is an old story about Gill Brandt(former Cowboy exec) and George Young going to scout LT in the fall of 80. They both got on a plane together and after seeing him play both were afraid to say a word about him because they were so enamored they did not want the other to know how much they thought of him!

Guest Floyd The Barber
There is not a LB alive today that compares to LT.

LT was hyped and the Saints did us a HUGE favor taking George Rogers. There was dissension in the Giants draft room as many felt with Van Pelt, Kelly, Carson the Giants were set at the LB spot. Parcells was the LB coach and he lobbied for LT and Perkins was always a defene first guy. It was ultimately George Youngs call and there is an old story about Gill Brandt(former Cowboy exec) and George Young going to scout LT in the fall of 80. They both got on a plane together and after seeing him play both were afraid to say a word about him because they were so enamored they did not want the other to know how much they thought of him!

thats a great story !!!

Yeah, not Ray Lewis, although for a minute, it looked like he might have come the closest. I'd have to say Urlacher comes the closest, as far as people playing today, but he is still EONS away from LT.

Overall, I'd say Singletary, again, not even close.

Guest Floyd The Barber
Yeah, not Ray Lewis, although for a minute, it looked like he might have come the closest. I'd have to say Urlacher comes the closest, as far as people playing today, but he is still EONS away from LT.

Overall, I'd say Singletary, again, not even close.

stop...

stop...

You must mean stop, because you cant read fast enough. Do you notice that I say NOT EVEN CLOSE? and EONS AWAY???

Here, let me make it simple for you.......NO ONE COMPARES TO LT!!!!!

Get it now Floyd?

Guest Carbo
I would say maybe a Merriman just because of the speed and sacks
. . .or just because that's what some article in the newspaper told you to think. :doh:

quit your babbling...stop trying to rationalize your nonsense...

LOL!!! You contradict yourself Floyd. Im sayin theres no one close, you say theres no one close, and you say Im speakin non sense. LOL!!!

OK, thats it......CHASE BLACKBURN BABY!!!!!