SportsWrath

Step aside Derek, their is a new king in town.

RandolphScott

That man is Jose Reyes.

Only 23 and already a better player than you Derek, anyone who doesn't agree is just a fucking idiot.

No doubt at this point with Reyes being 23 and Jeter soon to be 33 that Reyes is a better physical player. Sadly though until Reyes becomes the captain of a team that wins 4 championships in 11 seasons he will not be the king of NY. A better player at this point? Yeah no doubt. NY's hero? Not as long as Jeter is still around.

As I discussed this with Blue Jeans.

Right now Reyes is the better player, without question. If I am choosing a player for a playoff series, I will take

Jeter, he has been their before and knows what it takes. I expect Jose to be the same in the playoffs, but you really can't argue that Reyes

has more talent and is currently better than Jeter.

Of course Jeter is a better leader with 4 World Series rings in 11 years, but I think Reyes will morph into the leader, us

fans were expecting David Wright to be.

In the end, I think Reyes will end his career with 3 World Series rings, but I'm not going to predict his final stats, that's just way to hard.

As I discussed this with Blue Jeans.

Right now Reyes is the better player, without question. If I am choosing a player for a playoff series, I will take

Jeter, he has been their before and knows what it takes. I expect Jose to be the same in the playoffs, but you really can't argue that Reyes

has more talent and is currently better than Jeter.

Of course Jeter is a better leader with 4 World Series rings in 11 years, but I think Reyes will morph into the leader, us

fans were expecting David Wright to be.

In the end, I think Reyes will end his career with 3 World Series rings, but I'm not going to predict his final stats, that's just way to hard.

I always thought Wright was gonna be the caliber player of Jeter in the post season. I still do.

I always thought Wright was gonna be the caliber player of Jeter in the post season. I still do.

He could possibly be, he hit great in the NLDS, but did poor in the NLCS, which I attribute to fatigue, he played a very long season last year.

Right now, I think Reyes is exceeding our expectations, we knew he was good, we just didn't know he was great.

our right. My Screenname and this thread are both jokes.

So was the reyes error against Atlanta that contributed to the loss.

Uh, no.

I'm no Math major but I think 3 errors is alot more than 1 error, but that's just me.

Your right. My Screenname and this thread are both jokes.

So was the reyes error against Atlanta that contributed to the loss. :clap:

lame ass arguement. My guess is you are one of the Yankee fans whom boo Arod on Monday and cheer him on Sunday.

Nonetheless you are right, no way Jeter is not the king and will be until he retires, shit his royalty is one of the reasons why your team is dysfunctional at this point and time as its painfully obvious he hates AROD, who can blame him though anyway, but to think that at this point Jeter is the more talented player at 33 than Reyes is at 23 is assinine, but for the same reasons I always said Jeter was better than Arod I will back Jeter over my guy, he is a winner. Reyes is more talented though thats apparent.

lame ass arguement. My guess is you are one of the Yankee fans whom boo Arod on Monday and cheer him on Sunday.

Negative.

Nonetheless you are right, no way Jeter is not the king and will be until he retires, shit his royalty is one of the reasons why your team is dysfunctional at this point and time as its painfully obvious he hates AROD, who can blame him though anyway, but to think that at this point Jeter is the more talented player at 33 than Reyes is at 23 is assinine, but for the same reasons I always said Jeter was better than Arod I will back Jeter over my guy, he is a winner. Reyes is more talented though thats apparent.

I know I'm right. This is the most ridiculous statement I have ever read, seen, or heard. What's next? Kobe Bryant better than Jordan? Jeter is clearly the better player.

Reyes more talented then Jeter? That's strictly your opinion. I've seen Jeter make plays NO other player can make.

What the hell are you talking about?
You argued that Jose Reyes' error today contributed to the Mets loss and clapped.

You failed to mention the two errors Jeter had on opening day that contributed to the Yanks loss, works both ways man.

Reyes more talented then Jeter? That's strictly your opinion. I've seen Jeter make plays NO other player can make.

You're 100 percent right, it is my opinion. Jose Reyes is the better player, please take off the Yankee "can do no wrong" colored glasses.

By the way, Rey Ordonez was a better fielding shortstop.

You argued that Jose Reyes' error today contributed to the Mets loss and clapped.

You failed to mention the two errors Jeter had on opening day that contributed to the Yanks loss, works both ways man.

You're 100 percent right, it is my opinion. Jose Reyes is the better player, please take off the Yankee "can do no wrong" colored glasses.

By the way, Rey Ordonez was a better fielding shortstop.

It wasn't on opening day.

and Ray Ordonez? :LMAO:

Negative.

I know I'm right. This is the most ridiculous statement I have ever read, seen, or heard. What's next? Kobe Bryant better than Jordan? Jeter is clearly the better player.

like what? all i can think of is the jump throw and the jump into the stands

youre gonna see a lot of things youve never seen any other player make with reyes... if you havent already.

all hes talking about is natural ability. Randy Moss has more natural ability then Rice ever had but Rice is the better player.

however i think unlike moss with rice reyes will surpass jeter.

Negative.

Jeter is still good an above average no dobt and has all the intangibles that Arod does not, he is so clutch, butin all honesty, and much to my surprise(as I always thought he would be simply just a speed/defense guy)Reyes is on the cusp of greatness. When you hear baseball lifers like Bobby Cox declare he is getting to be as good a threat at the leadoff spot as Rickey Henderson was in his prime and a guy like Tim MCCarver declare he is a top 3 talent, you start to take notice.

Jeter is still good an above average no dobt and has all the intangibles that Arod does not, he is so clutch, butin all honesty, and much to my surprise(as I always thought he would be simply just a speed/defense guy)Reyes is on the cusp of greatness. When you hear baseball lifers like Bobby Cox declare he is getting to be as good a threat at the leadoff spot as Rickey Henderson was in his prime and a guy like Tim MCCarver declare he is a top 3 talent, you start to take notice.

Psst.... "He reminds me of Jackie Robinson" Vin Scully

Jose needs some rings brother, and as for being the king of Ny???Far from it.

Rings have nothing to do with comparing individual players. If they did, we'd all believe that Tino Martinez was a better first baseman than Donnie Baseball. :ph34r: