SportsWrath

We need to spend for a DT and CB

Martin

I know many want to spend for a LB arrington etc... but we need to

sure up the DT spot. Spend the money on a very good DT and CB.

THe LB position should be found in the draft as well as any other

talented defensive player. (Secondary yeah baby yeah!)

DEFENSE is the key !

Its time we put together another great Giants D ~!!!!

:flex:

Guest Nutty Sack

DEFENSE is the key !

Dear Martin;

You are so right I could kiss you !! You know,you show great promise. We'll be keping a close eye on you.

NS

Dear Martin;

You are so right I could kiss you !! You know,you show great promise. We'll be keping a close eye on you.

NS

You know how i know your gay you want to kiss that guy

yes he is right though but i think

1. D'Qwell Jackson

2. Jason Allen

3. Best DT

Guest Nutty Sack
It's amazing how people fail to watch the games.

We watch the game and realize that we need a defense that needs to shut out the opposition because we are placating a QB that can't complete a pass or put points on the board. Wise up Mister. Go ahead and quote all the stats...they don't mean a thing. They were garnered in meaningless situations.

We watch the game and realize that we need a defense that needs to shut out the opposition because we are placating a QB that can't complete a pass or put points on the board. Wise up Mister. Go ahead and quote all the stats...they don't mean a thing. They were garnered in meaningless situations.

LOL. Okay, I won't mention that the Giants had a great offense this year and put a hell of a lot of points on the board.

LOL. Okay, I won't mention that the Giants had a great offense this year and put a hell of a lot of points on the board.

Yes the amount of points was impressive but through the years the teams with

a very strong stingy D were the winners deep in the playoffs and ultimately

thats were the giants are headed. In some respects we need to score less

points now and play very domintating D. In any case the balance must shift

to focus on D. Whats very glaring is the fact that we have to very talented

DE strahan and Osi and putting together the DT's that can create the push in the

middle on passing downs will be so dominate that it will blow your mind.

In fact one great DT through FA could change the whole complexion of what

we need to do in the secondary.

Guest nosebleed

DEFENSE is the key !

I couldn't agree more........The Giants need a stud DT, right now they don't have much and a piece of garbage (#94). Defense wins championships and they are lacking severly at DT, LB, and CB. With the new CBA in place, could they fill all these must needs in free agency???

I couldn't agree more........The Giants need a stud DT, right now they don't have much and a piece of garbage (#94). Defense wins championships and they are lacking severly at DT, LB, and CB. With the new CBA in place, could they fill all these must needs in free agency???

i am not their accountant but i think with the new cap number the giants

have a lot more options than yesterday. I would only guess to say that

we could afford maybe 1 big signing and a medium deal for another.

A stud DT and a real solid CB would change our D over night!

Is it September?

:rock:

Guest nosebleed

Is it September?

You are correct!!! :rock:

Regarding LB, I would hope Ernie will explore other options, other meaning not Arrington...........

You are correct!!! :rock:

Regarding LB, I would hope Ernie will explore other options, other meaning not Arrington...........

YEs i agree! Arrington has some bad wiring in the brain and as much as he could play

very well next Pierce (who wants him to come to NY) the risk vs reward

is a dice roll. Locker room nonsense is for the Eagles and the Vikings!!

He also recovered from injury! yet another question mark.

<_<

YEs i agree! Arrington has some bad wiring in the brain and as much as he could play very well next Pierce (who wants him to come to NY) the risk vs reward is a dice roll. Locker room nonsense is for the Eagles and the Vikings!!

He also recovered from injury! yet another question mark.

<_<

Arrington is actually very well spoken off the field and apparently did well at PSU. He just has brain farts on the field.

Who said Arrington was a cancer in the clubhouse? If anything, I think people made him one because Synder didn't want him.

He also RECOVERED from injury. Not really a huge question mark. Is Pierce a question mark too?

From what I understand, Arrington was a popular teammates and he's not a dumb guy ... fairly bright and engaging off the field. His problem is that he consistently fails to play within a system and carry out his assignment. You could blame on that on playing under 5 different defensive coordinators in 6 years, but fact is that one of the best defensive coaches in football pretty much discarded LaVar. In any case, something is missing with this guy on the field. If Lewis and Sheridan and AP are confident they find the missing link and get LaVar to play to his ability, I'd be in favor of the signing. But that is a huge if...

Is it September?

I'd actually like it the other way around. Id like the best CB that we can afford and then get a real solid DT. Our secondary was our biggest problem last year and it's incredibly young. Having a guy like Law or Madison there would really help Webster, Gibril, Deloach and Butler. I think we could do either A or B:

A. Madison and Clancy.

B. Townsend and Bernard.

Obviously you can substitute players along the same salary but its the idea of it. Id rather go with option A, getting a stud CB and decent Tackle as opposed to option B.

I'd actually like it the other way around. Id like the best CB that we can afford and then get a real solid DT. Our secondary was our biggest problem last year and it's incredibly young. Having a guy like Law or Madison there would really help Webster, Gibril, Deloach and Butler. I think we could do either A or B:

A. Madison and Clancy.

B. Townsend and Bernard.

Obviously you can substitute players along the same salary but its the idea of it. Id rather go with option A, getting a stud CB and decent Tackle as opposed to option B.

i agree that both senarios will be good for the team and I like Madison at CB.

The one thing that is glaring is we have 2 of the best DE's maybe in the game. (A players)

and we have B and C+ players at DT. Imagine for a moment we grab a "A" player at DT that

can creat a push up the middle. What that does is no double teaming for Osi and Strah.

It really creates havoic at the line of scrimmage which makes the secondary better already.

Qb has no time to throw! disguised Man coverage etc... I think the 3 best players closest to

the QB makes the most sense. Just my opinion.

things are getting a little more exciting today!

Guest nosebleed
i agree that both senarios will be good for the team and I like Madison at CB.

The one thing that is glaring is we have 2 of the best DE's maybe in the game. (A players)

and we have B and C+ players at DT. Imagine for a moment we grab a "A" player at DT that

can creat a push up the middle. What that does is no double teaming for Osi and Strah.

It really creates havoic at the line of scrimmage which makes the secondary better already.

Qb has no time to throw! disguised Man coverage etc... I think the 3 best players closest to

the QB makes the most sense. Just my opinion.

things are getting a little more exciting today!

Though not as radical, you have serious potential. The Fab 4 does not do this often, but would consider a fifth..................Defense, defense, defense

Though not as radical, you have serious potential. The Fab 4 does not do this often, but would consider a fifth..................Defense, defense, defense

A monkey has a moderate understanding of football....do you want him too? He can be your ringleader, he's pretty smart?

the ideal WLB option would be Will Witherspoon, but he is going to get good money

an alternate WLB option could be Scott Fujita. Between him and Emmons we could have WLB covered while a stud rookie prospect like Manny Lawson, Ernie Sims, Thomas Howard or Demeco Ryans develops

From what I understand, Arrington was a popular teammates and he's not a dumb guy ... fairly bright and engaging off the field. His problem is that he consistently fails to play within a system and carry out his assignment. You could blame on that on playing under 5 different defensive coordinators in 6 years, but fact is that one of the best defensive coaches in football pretty much discarded LaVar. In any case, something is missing with this guy on the field. If Lewis and Sheridan and AP are confident they find the missing link and get LaVar to play to his ability, I'd be in favor of the signing. But that is a huge if...

I don't really think Arrington getting cut was all due to the fact that that they are in cap trouble and have 2 other solid linebackers in Lemar Marshall and Marcus Washington. This combined with the fact that the upcoming draft is deep in linebackers made Arrington expendable.

I don't really think Arrington getting cut was all due to the fact that that they are in cap trouble and have 2 other solid linebackers in Lemar Marshall and Marcus Washington. This combined with the fact that the upcoming draft is deep in linebackers made Arrington expendable.

Arrington getting cut had nothing to do with salary reasons. Cutting him offered no cap relief ... he actually had to pay the Skins $4 million just to make his own release fiscally possible. The Skins wanted to get rid of him.