SportsWrath

Add another old man on the radar

so-cal dub

Giants | Team showing interest in Spikes

Sun, 25 Mar 2007 10:17:14 -0700 John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports the New York Giants are showing interest in possibly obtaining Buffalo Bills LB Takeo Spikes, according to a league source. Spikes would need to pass a physical and negotiate a new deal. The source believes the Bills could receive a mid-to-late round choice in the 2007 NFL Draft if both conditions are met.

I'd rather have Wilson if anyone. Fuck Spikes. :brooding:

Yeah, but he's had some major knee injuries.

thats why I am eh on the whole thing. <_<

Here is one for everyone. If the Giants could aquire Lance Briggs a 26 year odl 4 year vet for a 1st rounder straight up and thats it would people do this?

I am curious to see what people think of this highly unlikely scenario, but one worth debating if at all possible?

Here is one for everyone. If the Giants could aquire Lance Briggs a 26 year odl 4 year vet for a 1st rounder straight up and thats it would people do this?

I am curious to see what people think of this highly unlikely scenario, but one worth debating if at all possible?

Absolutely, as we are right now we are forced to take a OLB in the first, if we can aquire a young yet established outstanding OLB for a first I'd be thrilled.

That's a no-brainer. A known, quality commodity for a draft spot in which we would probably choose someone of unknown value to fill the same position?

I agree, Briggs s 26 years old, a proven comodity at OLB and will come in and be good. Everytime I think about how I would like to develop a first rounder the names Brown, Brown, Lewis, Wheatley, Jones, Williams, Dayne, Jospeh and Allen snap be back to reality.

Btw I was looking at Blackburns stats and I did notice that 2 games in is career where he saw substantial playing time on defense, in 05 against the Chiefs and Skins he put up some good numbers. 16 tackles and an INT return for a TD in 6 quarters of play, plau he is only 23 now(be 24 June). I know he is not great, but I am at least intrigued by him as a starter.

Brown, Brown, Lewis, Wheatley, Jones, Williams, Dayne, Jospeh and Allen snap be back to reality

i could name almost as many bust LB free agent pickups. fact is we've had a good history of developing lb's probably the strongest position for home grown talent.

i would like to get a look at kiwanuka as an LB, actually. anyone know if they're still considering this?

I agree, Briggs s 26 years old, a proven comodity at OLB and will come in and be good. Everytime I think about how I would like to develop a first rounder the names Brown, Brown, Lewis, Wheatley, Jones, Williams, Dayne, Jospeh and Allen snap be back to reality.

Btw I was looking at Blackburns stats and I did notice that 2 games in is career where he saw substantial playing time on defense, in 05 against the Chiefs and Skins he put up some good numbers. 16 tackles and an INT return for a TD in 6 quarters of play, plau he is only 23 now(be 24 June). I know he is not great, but I am at least intrigued by him as a starter.

I like Blackburn as a player; I don't like his neck. It's the one thing that makes me think that he shouldn't be a regular on the field. I'm not a doctor, and I don't have any more info than anybody else, but to me, him feeling a need to build muscle on his neck to help protect his vertibrae really sends up a red flag to me. I hope for his sake I'm wrong.

If you can get Takeo Spikes for a 4th/5th rounder, I think he's well worth it. I'd do the deal in a heartbeat. I know he's had injuries but again, apart from Pierce, who's better than him on the Giants right now.

Again I reiterate about Blackburn, either he's a backup here in New York, or a starter elsewhere, he should not be starting here.

I like Blackburn as a player; I don't like his neck. It's the one thing that makes me think that he shouldn't be a regular on the field. I'm not a doctor, and I don't have any more info than anybody else, but to me, him feeling a need to build muscle on his neck to help protect his vertibrae really sends up a red flag to me. I hope for his sake I'm wrong.

Maybe if we had a coach who could teach a proper tackle technique we wouldn't need to worry about such things.

i could name almost as many bust LB free agent pickups. fact is we've had a good history of developing lb's probably the strongest position for home grown talent.

i would like to get a look at kiwanuka as an LB, actually. anyone know if they're still considering this?

We have not developed a LB since Jessie Armstead and before that it was Pepper Johnson. In the 80's and late 70's we did quite well so I so I see your point, but I think that Mike Barrow and Antonio Pierce have been good pickups. Michael Brooks and Carlton Bailey were not so good though.

We have not developed a LB since Jessie Armstead and before that it was Pepper Johnson. In the 80's and late 70's we did quite well so I so I see your point, but I think that Mike Barrow and Antonio Pierce have been good pickups. Michael Brooks and Carlton Bailey were not so good though.

I don't know about Brooks, he didn't do so badly, we had a pretty bad team those few years he was here.

Carlton Bailey, yep he blew.

Neither one had anything on Mike Croel though.

I don't know about Brooks, he didn't do so badly, we had a pretty bad team those few years he was here.

Carlton Bailey, yep he blew.

Neither one had anything on Mike Croel though.

looking backon some of those moves, you'd think dan reeves was still on the bronco payroll while he was coaching the giants

I'd say back to the mid-seventies. Going back to drafting Brian Kelley in '73. Schottenheimer may not know how to win playoff games, but he damn sure knew linebackers.

I'd say back to the mid-seventies. Going back to drafting Brian Kelley in '73. Schottenheimer may not know how to win playoff games, but he damn sure knew linebackers.

Kelley, Van Pelt, Carson, Taylor, Hunt, Headen, Banks, Reasons, Pepper,

My god think about that, Andy Headen and Byron Hunt were backups on those early mid80's teams and on this team that probably would start and get paid nicely for it.

Booyah you are right, Mike Brooks was decent. That 93 year when the Giants played the 3/4 in Taylors last year he was especially good.

True, but he should have been taught that long, looonnnngggg before this level. It should be at most a review by this stage.

I don't know about that Fish. I don't watch much college ball so I can't really compare, but it seems to me that players in the NFL are being coached to charge into the opposition using their equipment to knock them down rather than to drop a shoulder into their midsection and wrap up the legs.