SportsWrath

Who was the FB that visited the Giants recently?

randoff

...and are the Giants lookin' to carry 2 FBs??

1735_081503McClain3.JPG

Le'Ron McClain, Alabama

6'0" 257lbs.

12/28/06-Nfldraftscout.com

Fullbacks usually do not merit a high draft value, but McClain can run, catch, and block. He will be one the top 3 fullbacks in the draft.

He's an all a rounder. Would be a good pick in the 3rd or 4th, but I dont think he'll be around in the 4th.

bloglogo.gif

Giants Offer Fullback Vonta Leach a Contract

By Dan Benton | March 16th, 2007

Print | E-mail

200612241407508402877-p2.jpg Vonta Leach - Fannation.com

The Giants have offered restricted free agent fullback Vonta Leach a contract. The Houston Texans will now have the chance to match the Giants offer or allow Leach to go to New York — should he sign the Giants offer sheet. No contract details have been released.

Should the Texans refuse an offer sheet to Leach, the Giants would not owe any compensation because Leach entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent.

Leach (6′0, 250 lbs.) is a powerful, run blocking fullback. He seems to fit the mold of what the Giants are currently trying to do; create a dominating rush offense. Not only is he a good blocker, he can also catch a pass or two if need be.

I personally think this would be a good fit for what the Giants are trying to do. While I am a huge Jim Finn fan, the Giants need someone to get out ahead and “pave the way.”

Other Notes:

The Giants have raised their ticket prices … again.

bloglogo.gif

Giants Offer Fullback Vonta Leach a Contract

By Dan Benton | March 16th, 2007

Print | E-mail

200612241407508402877-p2.jpg Vonta Leach - Fannation.com

The Giants have offered restricted free agent fullback Vonta Leach a contract. The Houston Texans will now have the chance to match the Giants offer or allow Leach to go to New York — should he sign the Giants offer sheet. No contract details have been released.

Should the Texans refuse an offer sheet to Leach, the Giants would not owe any compensation because Leach entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent.

Leach (6′0, 250 lbs.) is a powerful, run blocking fullback. He seems to fit the mold of what the Giants are currently trying to do; create a dominating rush offense. Not only is he a good blocker, he can also catch a pass or two if need be.

I personally think this would be a good fit for what the Giants are trying to do. While I am a huge Jim Finn fan, the Giants need someone to get out ahead and “pave the way.”

Other Notes:

The Giants have raised their ticket prices … again.

Oh yeah, him... :D I thought he meant the private workout FB.. :doh:

:clap:

FINALLY after year of saying the same shit.

I don't hate Finn; I think he was a good player for the last era of Giants football. It's just that we're going back to the old-school Giants football: Smash-mouth running. AND I LOVE IT!!! :TU:

For punishing backs like Jacobs and Droughns, we should have a punishing fullback paving the way... not a finesse guy like Finn. He gave it everything he had while here, but it's time to knock defenses on their ass, and Finn's not that guy (he's more of a stalemate-type blocker).

If we pick up a blocking TE as well we'll be in GREAT shape. :D

I don't hate Finn; I think he was a good player for the last era of Giants football. It's just that we're going back to the old-school Giants football: Smash-mouth running. AND I LOVE IT!!! :TU:

For punishing backs like Jacobs and Droughns, we should have a punishing fullback paving the way... not a finesse guy like Finn. He gave it everything he had while here, but it's time to knock defenses on their ass, and Finn's not that guy (he's more of a stalemate-type blocker).

If we pick up a blocking TE as well we'll be in GREAT shape. :D

If we sign Leach do you think there is a market out there for Finn? Could we trade him for a pick or even maybe another straight up deal. Like the Carter/Droughns deal ?

If we sign Leach do you think there is a market out there for Finn? Could we trade him for a pick or even maybe another straight up deal. Like the Carter/Droughns deal ?

Hmm, never thought of that. Maybe try to get a blocking TE or a 7th-8th rounder for him? FBs aren't exactly in high demand.