SportsWrath

I know I'm going to get killed for this but....

dyinghard

I would love to see the Yanks trade Damon so Cabrera can get more burn. He's gotten so much better than he was during his first stint on the team, and he's shagging balls in CF like it's his job. (I guess it kind of is) He's got 10x the arm of the limp wrist Damon....

I would love to see the Yanks trade Damon so Cabrera can get more burn. He's gotten so much better than he was during his first stint on the team, and he's shagging balls in CF like it's his job. (I guess it kind of is) He's got 10x the arm of the limp wrist Damon....

i hate to say it id rather matsui go

id rather the Yankees trade giambi, get a real first baseman and dh matsui and put melky in left

I'd be for that too. I hate Giambi and the fact he can only hit one pitch, in one location to one part of the field. Melky at least at one point of the season lead the AL in outfield assists...I hope he plays a lot of games this season.

I'd be for that too. I hate Giambi and the fact he can only hit one pitch, in one location to one part of the field. Melky at least at one point of the season lead the AL in outfield assists...I hope he plays a lot of games this season.

I'll do that too. Anything to get that circus out of LF and get an actual athlete out there owuld be great.

AVG HR RBI RUNS SB =Melky

.280 7 50 75 12

AVG HR RBI RUNS SB =Matsui*

.302 8 29 32 1

*Missed a very good portion of the season w/injury

Like'em both, but I'm stickin' w/Matsui....

You get 5-7 more years out of Melky and you also get better pitching in a trade involving Matsui rather then Melky.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't agree with your opinions at all...I'd much rather see Melky Cabrera out there just because he's nowhere as good as Hideki Matsui. Matsui is signed for a reasonable 13 million dollars a year (in today's market) for a consistent 100, 25, 100 with a .380, .390 OBP. Melky Cabrera is nothing more than a fourth outfielder who surpassed expectations because he played on the best offensive team in the game. Matsui may not dazzle defensivle but he has one of the quickest releases in the game and is sneaky good defensively like Manny. As much as you want to save money, you can't take the hit to your offense with Cabrera replacing Matsui. I remember Matsui hurting us a lot more than I can remember Melky doing anything other than robbing Manny of a HR. You'll be overpaying Abreu for a bit, Damon will decline in due time, and Melky isn't that good...I think Matsui will be the most consistent player in your outfield for a while. The only way I can agree with trading him is if it's to open a spot for Andruw Jones or Ichiro Suzuki. Why are you guys hating on the guy who performed so well after breaking his fucking wrist?

And this is news to me...Hideki Matsui has a full No Trade Clause. Deal with that.

Melky seemed to step up and produce last year, that's what matters. The team didn't fall apart when Melky came in, they thrived. He played real well, especially in the field. He's got a cannon for an arm and has range for days.

Sneaky good, like Manny? Is that the Manny cutting off Damon, or the Manny trotting for a ball that falls two feet in front of him?

Matsui has been picked off second by the catcher on a snap throw. He's a clown. Sick to watching Boston buddy.

Matsui and Sheffield proved my theory right last year that the Yanks had too many players that thought they needed to hit homeruns. Once Sheff and Matsui went down young guys came in that jsut wanted to get hits, they did and the Yanks scored 930 runs. Without Sheffield and Matsui.

They don't need Matsui. his role on the team is more revenue related. I'd rather get Melky experience, because his hitting will be better this year.

Nothing more than a fourth outfielder? Good luck with J.D. Drew.

Melky seemed to step up and produce last year, that's what matters. The team didn't fall apart when Melky came in, they thrived. He played real well, especially in the field. He's got a cannon for an arm and has range for days.

Sneaky good, like Manny? Is that the Manny cutting off Damon, or the Manny trotting for a ball that falls two feet in front of him?

Matsui has been picked off second by the catcher on a snap throw. He's a clown. Sick to watching Boston buddy.

Matsui and Sheffield proved my theory right last year that the Yanks had too many players that thought they needed to hit homeruns. Once Sheff and Matsui went down young guys came in that jsut wanted to get hits, they did and the Yanks scored 930 runs. Without Sheffield and Matsui.

They don't need Matsui. his role on the team is more revenue related. I'd rather get Melky experience, because his hitting will be better this year.

Nothing more than a fourth outfielder? Good luck with J.D. Drew.

You think what you want to. The team didn't fall apart because of the offensive proficiencies of Jeter, Cano, A-rod (despite the boo-birds), and Damon when he was healthy. Melky adequately filled the role but he is in no way a starter on a team like the New York Yankees who live off of their relentless offense. I never said Matsui was a gold glove winner or anything of the like, but like Manny, he has one of the fastest releases on throws back to the infield so the runner is fooled. I never said anything about Matsui's baserunning either. So, tell me this, do you think Melky Cabrera can hit anywhere near as well as Hideki Matsui? I would honestly take a guy of Matsui's credentials over a Melky Cabrera who can be described in two simple words: League Average.

JD Drew on the other hand, that's an entirely different argument. Are you going to tell me that Melky fucking Cabrera is better than him as well? There's no denying Drew's abilities, it's just his ability to stay on the field. I have every reason to believe that he will not only outperform Melky Cabrera, as will Cristian Guzman, David Eckstein, Yadier Molina, and Mike Lansing (I'm kidding with these), but he'll outperform Matsui as well. Both bat in sweet spots in two of the most powerful lineups in the game (granted Boston is banking on comebacks from Crisp and Varitek but the 1-4 before Drew is as solid as ever) and both will be healthy. There's no way an organization like the New York Yankees will ever stick Melky Cabrera in a starting spot if given a choice. You didn't think to yourself that there was a reason that the Yankees traded for Bobby Abreu and his 15 million dollar contract? It's because as adequately as Melky performed, he's not good enough to be anything more than a fourth outfielder for the Yankees.

And maybe I don't watch all the Yankees games, maybe I don't see all these little mental mistakes that Matsui makes and the occasional spectacular plays of Melky Cabrera...but he is a throwaway prospect. They seriously considered trading him this offseason, and maybe its a sign that they decided to keep him, or maybe it's just that they didn't want to trust Bernie Williams at that point in time and Melky was making league minimum on the bench.

I will say this: Melky Cabrera is nothing more than a league average outfielder who took full advantage of hitting in the Yankees monster lineup.

Wrong. Cano was out for a large portion of the year. He missed a solid thirty games. If not 40.

Haha, I love how you pick your arguments. But yah, I admit, I was amazed that the Yankees continued their offensive production with all the injuries to their team. Same thing happened to us but we couldn't really do much about it when Trot, Tek, Ortiz, and Manny all went down after the break. Despite Cano's time out, he provided an incredible amount of offense when he was around and that in turn strengthened the lineup and Cabrera's production. He's a good complementary player but I can't see Melky carrying a team. I'm not going to compare him to our guy, I'm not making any Wily Mo Pena comparisons or saying that we're better...I was just trying to argue that I don't think Melky is as valuable as the New York media makes him out to be. Great defense, good guy, solid production but nothing spectacular and we have no idea what to expect from him in terms of consistency.

Haha, I love how you pick your arguments. But yah, I admit, I was amazed that the Yankees continued their offensive production with all the injuries to their team. Same thing happened to us but we couldn't really do much about it when Trot, Tek, Ortiz, and Manny all went down after the break. Despite Cano's time out, he provided an incredible amount of offense when he was around and that in turn strengthened the lineup and Cabrera's production. He's a good complementary player but I can't see Melky carrying a team. I'm not going to compare him to our guy, I'm not making any Wily Mo Pena comparisons or saying that we're better...I was just trying to argue that I don't think Melky is as valuable as the New York media makes him out to be. Great defense, good guy, solid production but nothing spectacular and we have no idea what to expect from him in terms of consistency.

An interesting observation about your LorfTVP theme is that he has to be a Lord which suggests an immature mind that has not figured out the very common separation between authoritative and physical power; between being good at something and needing a birthright to legitimize oneself. One could also make the DeTocqueville-esque observation that considering you are an American (I'm assuming) that your democratic heritage would and should revile against nobility but almost sheeplike you (and many others, to be fair) seem to grasp at a hierarchy based on qualities other than personal talent. It would appear that even in whomever that artist's fantasies the penguin needs to be in charge but where are the other viking penguins? Is he the only one? A loner lord with no kingdom and no future? Or will this be a slave state where the penguins will lord it over some lesser animal.

Sexually the horns are ironic considering the viking helmets never sported them, that is a counterfactual fiction from the 19th century revival of FOlklore and Myth.

Now, about the violent aspects of this penguin...

An interesting observation about your LorfTVP theme is that he has to be a Lord which suggests an immature mind that has not figured out the very common separation between authoritative and physical power; between being good at something and needing a birthright to legitimize oneself. One could also make the DeTocqueville-esque observation that considering you are an American (I'm assuming) that your democratic heritage would and should revile against nobility but almost sheeplike you (and many others, to be fair) seem to grasp at a hierarchy based on qualities other than personal talent. It would appear that even in whomever that artist's fantasies the penguin needs to be in charge but where are the other viking penguins? Is he the only one? A loner lord with no kingdom and no future? Or will this be a slave state where the penguins will lord it over some lesser animal.

Sexually the horns are ironic considering the viking helmets never sported them, that is a counterfactual fiction from the 19th century revival of FOlklore and Myth.

Now, about the violent aspects of this penguin...

Haha, some interesting observations. I am quite aware of the ludicrous nature of the horns but I felt that the picture would be lacking otherwise with the typical Viking helmet design. I've watched a good deal of History Channel and whatnot so most of what I know is (hopefully) closer to the truth than hearsay.

Okay, would you like me to truly delve into the history of Lorf, the Viking Penguin? He was born a runt among penguins who was shunned by his tuxedoed brethren. One day, while exploring the icy glaciers of Antarctica, Lorf and his sister, the only one who he trusted, found a Viking helmet lodged into a glacial wall. After numerous attempts at pulling it out failed, Lorf and his sister pecked away at the edges and released the helmet. Since it was too heavy for the two to pull back, Lorf's sister went back home to gather aid.

When Lorf finally arrived with the helmet after no help had arrived, he witnessed a site so shocking as to offend any fowl's senses. Tuxedo hunters, human of course, had massacred most of his family and he had arrived just in time to see an archer shoot an arrow through his sister's leg. He was about to run to her aid when the hunter pulled the arrow from her leg and pierced her through the skull. It was at that point that Lorf swore revenge on human beings. He entered their encampment after days of travel, and since he was so small, he stood no chance in a head to head battle. So, wise as he was, Lorf pecked out the men's eyes and ripped gashes in the tents so that the cold would kill the men. It was here where Lorf developed a taste for human flesh.

Upon his return home, he looked over the blood soaked ice fields and realized that there was nothing left for him there so he went back to the glacial wall where he trained, destroyed the wall, and soon uncovered a full suit's worth of armor. By this point, he had grown larger than any other penguin with a ferocity to match.

There's no middle story as of yet but basically he ended up taking over the world, fighting God, getting tricked by the devil, etc. The usual. Lorf rules the world with an iron fist, enslaves all that he can, and will spill blood to get his way. He does show weakness in the story though, there are no omnipotent characters.

But as to your analysis, I've never been a fan of analyzing stuff to the point where they're not enjoyable anymore. Despite being an English major, I feel that it is a sin to tear books apart rather than enjoying them for what they are. Lorf started out as a character in a story, and while some of the characteristics that I do not have made their way into this character, he is nothing more than a mere product of my imagination with no governmental opinions involved.

Haha, some interesting observations. I am quite aware of the ludicrous nature of the horns but I felt that the picture would be lacking otherwise with the typical Viking helmet design. I've watched a good deal of History Channel and whatnot so most of what I know is (hopefully) closer to the truth than hearsay.

Okay, would you like me to truly delve into the history of Lorf, the Viking Penguin? He was born a runt among penguins who was shunned by his tuxedoed brethren. One day, while exploring the icy glaciers of Antarctica, Lorf and his sister, the only one who he trusted, found a Viking helmet lodged into a glacial wall. After numerous attempts at pulling it out failed, Lorf and his sister pecked away at the edges and released the helmet. Since it was too heavy for the two to pull back, Lorf's sister went back home to gather aid.

When Lorf finally arrived with the helmet after no help had arrived, he witnessed a site so shocking as to offend any fowl's senses. Tuxedo hunters, human of course, had massacred most of his family and he had arrived just in time to see an archer shoot an arrow through his sister's leg. He was about to run to her aid when the hunter pulled the arrow from her leg and pierced her through the skull. It was at that point that Lorf swore revenge on human beings. He entered their encampment after days of travel, and since he was so small, he stood no chance in a head to head battle. So, wise as he was, Lorf pecked out the men's eyes and ripped gashes in the tents so that the cold would kill the men. It was here where Lorf developed a taste for human flesh.

Upon his return home, he looked over the blood soaked ice fields and realized that there was nothing left for him there so he went back to the glacial wall where he trained, destroyed the wall, and soon uncovered a full suit's worth of armor. By this point, he had grown larger than any other penguin with a ferocity to match.

There's no middle story as of yet but basically he ended up taking over the world, fighting God, getting tricked by the devil, etc. The usual. Lorf rules the world with an iron fist, enslaves all that he can, and will spill blood to get his way. He does show weakness in the story though, there are no omnipotent characters.

But as to your analysis, I've never been a fan of analyzing stuff to the point where they're not enjoyable anymore. Despite being an English major, I feel that it is a sin to tear books apart rather than enjoying them for what they are. Lorf started out as a character in a story, and while some of the characteristics that I do not have made their way into this character, he is nothing more than a mere product of my imagination with no governmental opinions involved.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, his NAME is Lorf. I thought that was short hand for Lord of the... Anyway, good story but dark. If Lorf developed a taste from human flesh while avenging his family, how exactly did he manage to become taller than a person?

Also, now that he is no longer a runt has he rallied other penguins to his cause or is he still a shunned loner?

BTW did Lorf see Happy Feet, what did he or would he make of that?

What will be Lorfs catharsis or redemption. How does he attain peace or satisfaction. Or is he doomed to be tortured which would be quite Norse. I went out with a Norwegian girl and theyre quite depressing.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, his NAME is Lorf. I thought that was short hand for Lord of the... Anyway, good story but dark. If Lorf developed a taste from human flesh while avenging his family, how exactly did he manage to become taller than a person?

Also, now that he is no longer a runt has he rallied other penguins to his cause or is he still a shunned loner?

BTW did Lorf see Happy Feet, what did he or would he make of that?

What will be Lorfs catharsis or redemption. How does he attain peace or satisfaction. Or is he doomed to be tortured which would be quite Norse. I went out with a Norwegian girl and theyre quite depressing.

Some things in life can't be explained, Lorf's unnatural growth and increase in strength is one of them. I've never actually thought about his standing with the other penguins. Hmm, thanks for that, I think I can definitely work with that...because honestly, I hate writing human characters. But it also opens up a lot of opportunities to fully develop his character.

Lorf did not see Happy Feet but his creator did and left the theatre pleased. Lorf on the other hand, while admiring the strength of our young hero and also sympathizing with his abandonment through his own experience, thought him too naive and unable to fully comprehend the evils of humanity and the punishment they so rightly deserved.

Lorf's judgement day has not yet come.