Notre Dame

Seaton Hall

-------------------------------------Villanova

Rutgers

Pittsburgh

-------------------------------------West Virgina

Louisville

I got to give it to them syracuse just beat them :furious::furious:

They are surprising me. I think all the negative things said about McNamara by the rest of the league (calling him an "average player", ignoring him in the voting, etc.) has inspired Gerry to prove all his naysayers wrong.

Regardless, for me anyway....it's just plain nice to SU playing like they're hungry for a change. Still, UConn is a great team with a real shot at another national championship. I, of course, thought it was a great game today (and yesterday too!) :rock:

Is this not the greatest Big East Tournament since the days of Ewing, Pearl, Mullins, Pickney, Worthy, etal and legendary coaches like Louie, Rollie, Boeheim, and Big John?

I remember those days like it was yesterday when teams limped off the floor with blood on their jerseys after spontaneous fist fights and hatred so deep you could taste it..............ahhhhhh, the good old days.

Big East is back babyyyy! Bye, bye ACC!

r7lvyb.jpgr7loxx.jpg

r7lxyq.jpgr7lrvb.jpg

Your not having a good week are you with your teams

Hey dont forget 'Cuse won the Big East tourney last year and that translated well in the tournament losing to Vermont 1st round :LMAO:

Blow me!!!!! :mellow:

Not one to make excuses, but last year's early exit came as Syracuse had benched one starter and the first man off their bench for disciplinary reasons in that game (actually, for the entire tournament had they gone on). The two were not even allowed to suit up. Furthermore, it was the worst officiated game I have ever seen in my life and I have seen plenty in my day. Syracuse played flat that day, but even flat they should've won that game easilyl. Syracuse was called for more than 20 "touch" fouls, yet two behemoths draped Hakim Warrick and body slammed him to the ground several times with nary a whistle. He left the game once because he was bleeding profusely. The refs apparantly decided that Vermont was such an underdog that they needed the referees' help by calling anything that even remotely looked like a foul on SU, but conveniently never calling fouls on the other team. It was like one of those high school games where the refs' kids are playing and they aren't going to lose no matter what.

I know it sounds like sour grapes, but that game was just plain awful and the refs made sure that Vermont would win. Somebody (or more than one) lined their pockets that game! :furious:

Regardless......the Syracuse Orange are this years "BIG EAST CHAMPS"!!!! :flex:

Expect to see them in the sweet 16 and maybe more. It would be a good year for 4 Big East teams to be in the final four. That would rock :rock:

Blow me!!!!! :mellow:

Not one to make excuses, but last year's early exit came as Syracuse had benched one starter and the first man off their bench for disciplinary reasons in that game (actually, for the entire tournament had they gone on). The two were not even allowed to suit up. Furthermore, it was the worst officiated game I have ever seen in my life and I have seen plenty in my day. Syracuse played flat that day, but even flat they should've won that game easilyl. Syracuse was called for more than 20 "touch" fouls, yet two behemoths draped Hakim Warrick and body slammed him to the ground several times with nary a whistle. He left the game once because he was bleeding profusely. The refs apparantly decided that Vermont was such an underdog that they needed the referees' help by calling anything that even remotely looked like a foul on SU, but conveniently never calling fouls on the other team. It was like one of those high school games where the refs' kids are playing and they aren't going to lose no matter what.

I know it sounds like sour grapes, but that game was just plain awful and the refs made sure that Vermont would win. Somebody (or more than one) lined their pockets that game! :furious:

Regardless......the Syracuse Orange are this years "BIG EAST CHAMPS"!!!! :flex:

Expect to see them in the sweet 16 and maybe more. It would be a good year for 4 Big East teams to be in the final four. That would rock :rock:

It was a poorly officated game...

but that would be awesome if 4 big east teams were in the final 4 :rock::rock::rock: