SportsWrath

Pelfrey Wins Fifth Starters Job

Blue Jeans

Chan Ho Park, Jorge Sosa and Aaron Sele all seem to think he has as well and have decided to give up when they pitch and allow the other team to pound them.

Let's hope it's that simple. I'm really starting to worry.

Let's hope it's that simple. I'm really starting to worry.

The important guys have pitched well, with the exception of El Duque, but he hasn't really pitched yet.

No worries. This is what spring training is for.

El Duque needs to do two things for this team. Win in the first 6-8 weeks of the season then Eat up some innings for the last 6-8 weeks.

I do not understand why they slotted him as #2 except for Ego.

Maine, Perez and Pelfry are all very good/ young pitchers who can really make an impact if they step up this season. Duque needs to help out as they get into their groove at the beginning of the season.

When Pedro comes back after the all star break El Duque (If he is still healthy enough to pitch) should step back as a spot starter/ long relief.

Maybe it is overconfidence but I think the METS will have the NL East tied up by the end of July.

El Duque needs to do two things for this team. Win in the first 6-8 weeks of the season then Eat up some innings for the last 6-8 weeks.

I do not understand why they slotted him as #2 except for Ego.

Maine, Perez and Pelfry are all very good/ young pitchers who can really make an impact if they step up this season. Duque needs to help out as they get into their groove at the beginning of the season.

When Pedro comes back after the all star break El Duque (If he is still healthy enough to pitch) should step back as a spot starter/ long relief.

Maybe it is overconfidence but I think the METS will have the NL East tied up by the end of July.

I don't think it will be that easy this year. Although I do honestly believe our pitching situation has improved since this time last year, 3 of our starters are question marks (who I think will thrive this season under Peterson) and one is a 3 time stint on the DL waiting to happen.

The Phillies should give us a good run, and the Braves have improved their bullpen, and should be better also. End of July would be great, but that's way too early. I'm looking at August 3rd... :P

Mike looked good last night. I was glad he finally pitched in a night game. It was my first chance to see him this spring. I liked what I saw. Gave up 7 hits, but a few were cheapies and Reyes let one fall in that he should have caught. Lots of groundballs, but more impressive, alot of pop ups and broken bats. I was very pleased with his performance and he is without a doubt going to make the team.

Friggin SNY shows that stupid radar gun and its apparent its a few miles off down there at Tradition Field. They had Pelfrey topping off at 91 when it was clear he was humming sometimes 95/96. WHat gave this away was Hernandz was talking about Chris Ray throwing 98 99 and his best fastball was 92.

I am impressed with Pelfreys slider, How is this kid nt the #5?

Man I really got to start watching games with Pelfrey on the mound. Anyone know when his next appearance is?

Him and Perez have been nothing short of awesome this spring. Maine hasn't been too bad either.

For all the complains about our pitching, I'm feeling good right now. Except Burgos... this talk about him being like Armando gets me worried.

Friggin SNY shows that stupid radar gun and its apparent its a few miles off down there at Tradition Field. They had Pelfrey topping off at 91 when it was clear he was humming sometimes 95/96. WHat gave this away was Hernandz was talking about Chris Ray throwing 98 99 and his best fastball was 92.

I am impressed with Pelfreys slider, How is this kid nt the #5?

Yeah I knew something was up because he was clocked regularly in the high 80s during that game. Reports in the papers said he topped out at 94, but I never saw the gun reach that high.

He will make the roster (like you said, how can he not??!!), but we probably won't see him until the middle of April.

Man I really got to start watching games with Pelfrey on the mound. Anyone know when his next appearance is?

Him and Perez have been nothing short of awesome this spring. Maine hasn't been too bad either.

For all the complains about our pitching, I'm feeling good right now. Except Burgos... this talk about him being like Armando gets me worried.

Yeah Burgos is a disappointment so far. Hopefully he can get his act together in the minors and be useful at some point during the season.

We still need another starter. I do not think El Duque is going to give us much this season.

I don't think it will be that easy this year. Although I do honestly believe our pitching situation has improved since this time last year, 3 of our starters are question marks (who I think will thrive this season under Peterson) and one is a 3 time stint on the DL waiting to happen.

The Phillies should give us a good run, and the Braves have improved their bullpen, and should be better also. End of July would be great, but that's way too early. I'm looking at August 3rd... :P

the Marlins are really ther only team that scares me.. lol, the Nats will be worse than last year w/o Soriano and without any other big name players joining they're are no concern... Braves and Phillies might surprise us this year, but aslong as we stay healthy we can beat any team in the Majors

Chan Ho Park told to be ready to go Monday, that his best bet to make the team is as a reliever. Looks like its Pelfrey. :clap:

Wow, talk about a clash of age brackets. On one spectrum the Mets staff has 92 year old El Duque with 40 year old Glavine and 24 year old Perez, 25year old Maine and 23 year old Pelfrey.

the Marlins are really ther only team that scares me.. lol, the Nats will be worse than last year w/o Soriano and without any other big name players joining they're are no concern... Braves and Phillies might surprise us this year, but aslong as we stay healthy we can beat any team in the Majors

i agree plax, but don't sleep on the phillies. they have a very legitimate shot to win the division. they scare me. i also agree about the fish, i think they could surprise people. i still feel confident like we could beat anybody, but this year we're gonna have to sweat it out probably more than i would like.

i agree plax, but don't sleep on the phillies. they have a very legitimate shot to win the division. they scare me. i also agree about the fish, i think they could surprise people. i still feel confident like we could beat anybody, but this year we're gonna have to sweat it out probably more than i would like.

uhh, Atlanta? Atlanta's rotation isn't too shabby and their bullpen is solid now, unlike last year. A lot more to worry about with Atlanta than sophmore-slumping Fish with the best manager in baseball last year fired because he spit in the bosses coffee.

uhh, Atlanta? Atlanta's rotation isn't too shabby and their bullpen is solid now, unlike last year. A lot more to worry about with Atlanta than sophmore-slumping Fish with the best manager in baseball last year fired because he spit in the bosses coffee.

i disagree with you here blue jeans...a lot of people have been picking atlanta as the surprise team, however i just don't see it. i don't care what they have done in the past and their history. i'm looking at them right now, and i just don't see enough talent to deem them a major contender. if you want to talk about pitching how could even consider the braves over the marlins? the marlins staff is not only young but way more talented than the braves in my opinion. and don't forget dontrelle had an off year. i wouldn't expect that again. couple that with the fact they have some real good young hitters in cabrera, uggla, ramirez. i think they will be better than the braves, but really this is all a moot point as all i really care about is the mets winning this division....2 more days baby!!!!! LETS GO METS!!!!

i disagree with you here blue jeans...a lot of people have been picking atlanta as the surprise team, however i just don't see it. i don't care what they have done in the past and their history. i'm looking at them right now, and i just don't see enough talent to deem them a major contender. if you want to talk about pitching how could even consider the braves over the marlins? the marlins staff is not only young but way more talented than the braves in my opinion. and don't forget dontrelle had an off year. i wouldn't expect that again. couple that with the fact they have some real good young hitters in cabrera, uggla, ramirez. i think they will be better than the braves, but really this is all a moot point as all i really care about is the mets winning this division....2 more days baby!!!!! LETS GO METS!!!!

I really have no rebuttle, just that fact that Atlanta now has somewhat of a bullpen which cost them so many games last year... but it's just my opinion that all the teams in the division have a shot at the title (except washington).

Two more days is right, woot. :clap: