SportsWrath

Giants news as of 3/12/07

Lughead

ERRRRR....I mean 3/13/07 :doh:

News Anything But Giant

By Hazem Kiswani | March 13th, 2007

Print | E-mail

p1_june_cato.jpg Cato June - SI.com / CNN.net

I know you guys are dying for anything about this team, but every piece of information I have gotten has been either something you guys won’t want to hear or insignificant. Either way, I have compiled all the information I could since my last update, and this is what I have.

- Any trade talks that may have been investigated by Reese with the Bears and/or Broncos are dead at this point. The Bears are baffled over the Briggs situation. They don’t want to let him go without getting a king’s ransom in return and he refuses to even consider playing for Chicago again, but no one in the league is willing to meet their demands, let alone Reese and the Giants. On the Dre Bly front, it seems that Denver will be keeping the corner, unless Washington is willing to pay the price for him, which has been deemed too high for the Giants.

- The Giants and Eagles are getting themselves into a heated battle over Kevin Curtis. They may both end up disappointed though, as the Vikings seem like the most likely destination for the receiver. The advantage the Giants have, ironically, is that Curtis really likes Tom Coughlin and what he heard from him in his visit to New York.

- According to Mike Garafalo, the Giants brought in offensive lineman Corey Hulsey for a visit. This would be strictly a depth move.

- The Giants are still interested in Cato June, contrary to some reports, but are far from high on him. The only way you will see him in blue next year is if he comes at a very affordable price. If they get some competition from other teams, the chances of him becoming a Giant are very slim. But if the interest continues to be this anemic, the Giants will be able to add him to the roster at a low price.

- Nothing new on Ian Scott, just more and more contradictory information from different people.

- And this I just have to add in, Brandon Jacobs will surprise a lot of doubters next year. He is already at work improving his game, and continues to promise big things. He’s also working with Tiki Barber’s strength and conditioning coach to improve his balance and stamina. His determination and confidence is very convincing, and I expect a lot from him next year.

I’ll keep you posted if I hear anything else.

ERRRRR....I mean 3/13/07 :doh:

News Anything But Giant

By Hazem Kiswani | March 13th, 2007

Print | E-mail

p1_june_cato.jpg Cato June - SI.com / CNN.net

I know you guys are dying for anything about this team, but every piece of information I have gotten has been either something you guys won’t want to hear or insignificant. Either way, I have compiled all the information I could since my last update, and this is what I have.

- Any trade talks that may have been investigated by Reese with the Bears and/or Broncos are dead at this point. The Bears are baffled over the Briggs situation. They don’t want to let him go without getting a king’s ransom in return and he refuses to even consider playing for Chicago again, but no one in the league is willing to meet their demands, let alone Reese and the Giants. On the Dre Bly front, it seems that Denver will be keeping the corner, unless Washington is willing to pay the price for him, which has been deemed too high for the Giants.

- The Giants and Eagles are getting themselves into a heated battle over Kevin Curtis. They may both end up disappointed though, as the Vikings seem like the most likely destination for the receiver. The advantage the Giants have, ironically, is that Curtis really likes Tom Coughlin and what he heard from him in his visit to New York.

- According to Mike Garafalo, the Giants brought in offensive lineman Corey Hulsey for a visit. This would be strictly a depth move.

- The Giants are still interested in Cato June, contrary to some reports, but are far from high on him. The only way you will see him in blue next year is if he comes at a very affordable price. If they get some competition from other teams, the chances of him becoming a Giant are very slim. But if the interest continues to be this anemic, the Giants will be able to add him to the roster at a low price.

- Nothing new on Ian Scott, just more and more contradictory information from different people.

- And this I just have to add in, Brandon Jacobs will surprise a lot of doubters next year. He is already at work improving his game, and continues to promise big things. He’s also working with Tiki Barber’s strength and conditioning coach to improve his balance and stamina. His determination and confidence is very convincing, and I expect a lot from him next year.

I’ll keep you posted if I hear anything else.

He's gonna destroy the entire NFL. :flex:

He's gonna destroy the entire NFL. :flex:

A good friend of mine has been a huge Jacobs doubter since I first raved about him after the 2005 draft. I am so looking forward to making him eat crow. DON'T LET ME DOWN BRANDON!!!!

please... :ph34r:

A good friend of mine has been a huge Jacobs doubter since I first raved about him after the 2005 draft. I am so looking forward to making him eat crow. DON'T LET ME DOWN BRANDON!!!!

please... :ph34r:

whats your friends team?