SportsWrath

Oh no, Dear God no!. Somebody might take Frank Walker from us!!

boohyah

NEW ORLEANS — The New Orleans Saints met with a third free-agent cornerback this week as Frank Walker visited New Orleans on Friday.

Walker has played four years in the NFL, all with the New York Giants.

Walker arrived in New York the year after Saints coach Sean Payton left for Dallas to work as an offensive assistant under former Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells.

Although Dallas plays New York twice a season, Walker missed several of those games while Payton was in Dallas, and Walker did not play against New Orleans last season.

Listed at 5-foot-10, 197 pounds, Walker has played in 41 games during the past four seasons. He has five career interceptions. He made highlight reels last season for drilling Tennessee’s Vince Young on a sack in a game the Giants ultimately lost after blowing a second-half lead.

Although the Saints will have both 2006 starting cornerbacks, Mike McKenzie and Fred Thomas, returning for 2007, they are looking for more depth at that position. Earlier in the week, New Orleans hosted free agent cornerbacks William James and Roderick Hood, both of whom played for Philadelphia last season.

:cwy::cwy:

agree, he's worth keeping around. Sure he may never be a solid starter, but he's worth keeping around for depth. Plus, I like Frankie, and I don't want him to go.

You can't fucking be serious can you?

When he is on the field I think the defense's collective IQ drops (which isn't that high to begin with) like 50 points.

First Reuben for Carter, and now we have a chance to lose Walker, PI to increase our odds of compensatory picks next year? This day gets better by the minute!

For Tim Carter we were lucky to get a Reuben.

The fact that we got Reuben Droughns is even better.

How about trade walker to the saints for WR Terrance Copper he just signed a 1 year extention with the Saints so maybe they would bite? I am just saying, I dont know if its a good Idea or not what do you guys think?

How about trade walker to the saints for WR Terrance Copper he just signed a 1 year extention with the Saints so maybe they would bite? I am just saying, I dont know if its a good Idea or not what do you guys think?

That would work. I mean what plays has Walker made for us? Dockery had a better season as a rookie than Walker had in his career.

This sucks. I went to a giants training camp and bought a ball and had Howard Cross sign it. Then I got anyone else I could to sign it.

Howard Cross - Gone

Omar Stoutmire- Gone

Kenderick Allen- Gone

Frank Walker- If he leaves my ball totally sucks.

This sucks. I went to a giants training camp and bought a ball and had Howard Cross sign it. Then I got anyone else I could to sign it.

Howard Cross - Gone

Omar Stoutmire- Gone

Kenderick Allen- Gone

Frank Walker- If he leaves my ball totally sucks.

I would give you $2.00 for it anyway

I don't get the love affair with Walker. Is it his lack of production, his smack-talk that he can't back up, or his game-killing penalties?

God, he's fucking awful. I'd pay someone to take him off my team.

I don't get the love affair with Walker. Is it his lack of production, his smack-talk that he can't back up, or his game-killing penalties?

I really can't explain it either, i just like him. i guess it's the fire he plays with, the go for broke mentality he has. yeah it's cost us big, but it's nice to have a guy that takes chances.

I really can't explain it either, i just like him. i guess it's the fire he plays with, the go for broke mentality he has. yeah it's cost us big, but it's nice to have a guy that takes chances.

yeah I guess you cant fault a guy for trying, unlike Joseph..carter..emmons..etc...etc.... <_>

oh and Demps it was not untill the last 3 games that he started play better if you go back and watch any other game he was in you will see him try to tackle people with body blows and throwing in his body like a missle instead of waping his arms around a guy he would try to level them with a shoulder.

Another case of addition by subtraction...that I whole heartedly applaud. :clap:

I'm still trying to figure out what it is that Frank Walker had that Curtis Deloatch didn't. :confused:

By the way, one of the reasons the Saints need more depth......wait for it.................they released Deloatch!.

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: He couldn't cover my grandma in her coffin. Jesus what a bunch of losers.

Talk about the Kiwanuka play against Tennessee all you want, but if up 21-7, 6 minutes to go in the fourth quarter, 4th and 10 for the Titans at the Giant 35, Young stopped short of the marker, Frank Walker does not commit the dumbest of penalties by leading with his head ON A GUY THAT WAS FUCKING OUT OF BOUNDS SHORT OF THE MARKER, we might never discusss the Kiwi play and the subsequent nightmare that followed.

WHen a guy sees little playing time over the course of 2 years, but when he does the best recollection one can have about him is the dumb penalties he commits I say screw him. No loss whatsoever.

I'm still trying to figure out what it is that Frank Walker had that Curtis Deloatch didn't. :confused:

By the way, one of the reasons the Saints need more depth......wait for it.................they released Deloatch!.

Other than the fact that Walker is faster, quicker and can catch the fucking ball. I'll say nothing really. Come on, everyone know F. Walker is our most talented CB on our team. This is why I hate TC. Once your in his dog house, you will never get out. Just ask W. Ponder...

Other than the fact that Walker is faster, quicker and can catch the fucking ball. I'll say nothing really. Come on, everyone know F. Walker is our most talented CB on our team. This is why I hate TC. Once your in his dog house, you will never get out. Just ask W. Ponder...

former HC Vince Lomar errr I mean Jim Fassel did not like Walker either.

I know you must be joking to honestly think Walker is our most talented CB. :LMAO:

Nem, I am now officially worried about you. First FRIENDS, and now you use the words Frank Walker and Talent in the same sentence without the word no in the sentence. Seriously Nem, you cannot be serious here???

Talk about the Kiwanuka play against Tennessee all you want, but if up 21-7, 6 minutes to go in the fourth quarter, 4th and 10 for the Titans at the Giant 35, Young stopped short of the marker, Frank Walker does not commit the dumbest of penalties by leading with his head ON A GUY THAT WAS FUCKING OUT OF BOUNDS SHORT OF THE MARKER, we might never discusss the Kiwi play and the subsequent nightmare that followed.

WHen a guy sees little playing time over the course of 2 years, but when he does the best recollection one can have about him is the dumb penalties he commits I say screw him. No loss whatsoever.

Hey 21-25 I was trying hard not to remember that particular cluster fuck and name it as you have. But you are completely and absolutely correct....that was one of the dumbest plays by a defensive football player I have seen in my entire life of playing and watching football. He comes halfway across the field to whack the qb, and he does not have the usual lineman's excuse of being inches away from the qb and already committed to an unavoidable hit. That is the kind of play that should have had Cheerleader running onto the field to scream at somebody. Not what he did to Kiwi a quarter later. Fuck Frank Walker....let him lose games for another team now. <_<

Nem, I am now officially worried about you. First FRIENDS, and now you use the words Frank Walker and Talent in the same sentence without the word no in the sentence. Seriously Nem, you cannot be serious here???

Its simple really...Who's the fastest corner on our team? Frank Walker

Who's quicker and has an easier time breaking on a ball on our team? Um, Walker.

Who has has the best ability to catch the ball on our team? Walker...

There's a reason why EA hasn't cut F. Walker and why Reese hasn't done it yet... He is, by far, more physically gifted than any of our other cornerback. I know you can't see pass the penalties, but its true. Unfortunately, he will probably never reach his full potential with TC at the helm.

You know, its funny really. With J. Fassel, this kid looked like he had a bright future ahead of him. The Vikings and Bucs games come to mind. But he makes one mistake against Cincinnati, and he's been in TC dog house even since. Even though he had an endzone int in that game and did fairly well against Chad Johnson. But hey, what can you say. People expect a player, a cornerback, to not play for nearly a year and just come in and play right were he left off.