SportsWrath

Are we going to do anything?

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

A lot of good FA's are signing places other than here. Is Reese afraid to be scrutinized for making a bad trade or signing? At this point, he should sign somebody...anybody. I hope he's eyeing up Briggs or something because I'm pretty dissapointed right now.

You cant be that upset that we are not emptying the bank in this market. The one player I wish we got was Clements, then I saw how much he got and said and said fuck that. I'd much rather sit back in this market than over pay for some bum.

he is being smart right now

the market is crzy and out of control...

would you like Davis for 50 mill? clements for 80 mill? or a 32 year old LB who gets 20 mill in guaranteed money???

this offseason we should just bring in a few solid players for a lower price...

he is being smart right now

the market is crzy and out of control...

would you like Davis for 50 mill? clements for 80 mill? or a 32 year old LB who gets 20 mill in guaranteed money???

this offseason we should just bring in a few solid players for a lower price...

I have to agree you on this. J. Reese is doing a great job not over paying for players in this seasons Free agency market. Hopefully we can get quality players for a reasonable price.

I think the problem people are having is the fact that while we all knew the Giants were going to go into free agency with the don't break the bank attitude, we expected them to at least sign one of the better reasonably priced FAs by now.

I think the problem people are having is the fact that while we all knew the Giants were going to go into free agency with the don't break the bank attitude, we expected them to at least sign one of the better reasonably priced FAs by now.

Even with that in mind, people wanted to see some action. But with crazy price being thrown out there. I think its a wise move letting the big names sign first and then signing the best players for the right price.

Reese isn't going to pick up anything major this yr. He will draft, evaluate the talent on the team and prepare for the 2008 season with a new coach because craplin will be out of town and that will leave us in good shape cap wise.

I have to agree you on this. J. Reese is doing a great job not over paying for players in this seasons Free agency market. Hopefully we can get quality players for a reasonable price.

Well....not over paying for players and at the same time not signing anybody also is a little worrying. More than not signing anyone, I have a feeling nobody wants to come here. We have a moron coach who for no logical reason was retained because of a Brain-freeze move by the front office. Then we have Tiki going ahead with his vocal diarrhoea on TV. Though I do not disagree with him, atleast if his dysentry and had succeeded in getting rid of Coughlin, thats something. Now we are in even more shit.

Oh God, I shudder to think whats this team heading towards. And plus, we have always been champion drafters. I cant remember the last draft we had in which more than one players came good.

Shaun Williams, William Joseph, Sinorice Moss, Corey Webster....... - FUCK!

A lot of good FA's are signing places other than here. Is Reese afraid to be scrutinized for making a bad trade or signing? At this point, he should sign somebody...anybody. I hope he's eyeing up Briggs or something because I'm pretty dissapointed right now.

Lets not be silly here. If we are just gonna sign ANYONE, funk that. Lets just depend on thedraft than and save money for next year.

Well....not over paying for players and at the same time not signing anybody also is a little worrying. More than not signing anyone, I have a feeling nobody wants to come here. We have a moron coach who for no logical reason was retained because of a Brain-freeze move by the front office. Then we have Tiki going ahead with his vocal diarrhoea on TV. Though I do not disagree with him, atleast if his dysentry and had succeeded in getting rid of Coughlin, thats something. Now we are in even more shit.

Name me one coach that could have come in here and do a better job that TC can do nextyear. Not 3-4 years fro now, but this coming season.

Oh God, I shudder to think whats this team heading towards. And plus, we have always been champion drafters. I cant remember the last draft we had in which more than one players came good.

Shaun Willams - sure he was a bust.

William Joseph - Not great, but not as bad as made out, he'll continue to play in this league after the Giants.

But Moss and Webster. Isn't it a bit early to consider them busts??, I mean Moss barely played last year and Webster had one year as starter.

Guest StrahansGap

Unless Reese is hiding a trick up his sleeve for draft day, the 2007-2008 will go nowhere. Injury prone or not, we just lost a starting LT, K, RB, and 2 LB's. I think it's time we all wake up and smell the coffee. We have glaring needs at many of our positions that can't be filled via the draft. Reese MUST sign some experienced FA's or we are fcucked!

I agree, TC is a fucking idiot. But, let think about it. What other head coach was available?

i'd take any of the new coaches except norv turner and wade phillips over coughlin

Well, that who we would of hired if we let TC go. Next year will have more qualify coaches with a top ten draft pick. :brooding:

Name me one coach that could have come in here and do a better job that TC can do nextyear. Not 3-4 years fro now, but this coming season.

We never did go after Whisenhunt. Neither did we even contemplate going for the DC of the Titans (the name escapes me). The Chargers's OC was another option. Maybe even a college coach.

But in anycase, this sticking to TC was the most fucking retarded decision I have seen.

I agree, TC is a fucking idiot. But, let think about it. What other head coach was available?

Same as above.

i'd take any of the new coaches except norv turner and wade phillips over coughlin

Exactly. ....took the words right out of my mouth.

In anycase, atleast lets hope this time around the Co-Ordinators we have have an inkiling as to what the hell they are doing.

Nice - We have a former Linebackers coach as our DC and no Linebackers. Sweet.

dominic rhodes gets signed for two years 7.5 million by the raiders... we couldn't match that or, maybe come up with like 4 years 18 million?

we have no left tackle, no running back, and no linebackers. subpar secondary to boot, and no kicker that i know of. what, we're going to leave all these crucial areas to the draft? thats a terrible plan. at least get two of the 5 positions where we're hollow

dominic rhodes gets signed for two years 7.5 million by the raiders... we couldn't match that or, maybe come up with like 4 years 18 million?

we have no left tackle, no running back, and no linebackers. subpar secondary to boot, and no kicker that i know of. what, we're going to leave all these crucial areas to the draft? thats a terrible plan. at least get two of the 5 positions where we're hollow

reese did a good thing today by trading a player that was going to be cut to pick up a rb that we need and we still have the same cap but we need another WR now