SportsWrath

Vacciano blasts the Giants in one Sentence

jranieli

http://blogs.nydailynews.com/giants/

Giants Make Offer to Feely

Looks like I blogged too soon ...

Despite reports that Jay Feely is on the verge of signing with the Dolphins, he is apparently not out of the Giants' picture just yet. The Giants have bumped up their offer to him, according to a source, and at the very least they have Feely considering a return to New York.

Feely looked like he was about to replace Olindo Mare in Miami, and he reportedly also has drawn interest from Atlanta, where he played from 2001-04.

Feely said from the start he wanted to return to the Giants, but as free agency opened team sources said they had little interest in breaking the bank to bring him back. They even looked content to go into next season with rookie Josh Huston filling Feely's job.

Apparently, things have changed. Maybe it's because they can't find anyone else to take their money.

Feely is expected to sign somewhere before the end of this week.

I think he is frustrated as anyone else. What we have been in Free Agency over 4 days or more and we have not done anything.

I think we are going to rebaild and actually DEVELOPE our draft pick. Wow, what a concept.

there are at least 2 positions that we should of filled in free agancey when the run was hot

1 veteran RB that dont mind sharing back field

2 Veteran LB to help bolster our depleted LB corp

pick up the rest of our needs in the draft and do what Nem said DEVELOP our own players

look at the Pats every year they have new plays that light it up and when they make the hi-light reel everyone is like who the hell is that, where did he come from ???

just like I told a friend of mine this fall that I picked up Bernard Barrian befor the season started he was like Who the hell?????

I think we are going to rebaild and actually DEVELOPE our draft pick. Wow, what a concept.

Yeah I think we are in the rebuilding stages too. We do have a base though, but still getting old. Like I said, next year is going to be a down year. I don't expect to get into the playoffs again but we will not be a Cleveland Browns team or Arizona Cardinals team. We will be competitive but not playoff caliber.

The problem is that people scheduled to visit us, dont show up. That tells me two things, nobody wants to play on this team with all the shit talking thats been going on and nobody wants any part of a lame duck season. So this means, the 2007 season will make us a 5-11 team.

It's going to be yet again, another long 6 years.

The problem is that people scheduled to visit us, dont show up. That tells me two things, nobody wants to play on this team with all the shit talking thats been going on and nobody wants any part of a lame duck season. So this means, the 2007 season will make us a 5-11 team.

6 years?

I don't think it's going to be 6 years. We still have alot of talent on this team but next year will be a wash. Why this team kept Coughlin. I don't know. We can get back in 2 years.

People throw around the word rebuilding. Really what does that mean anymore. Rebuilding used to take 3-4 years, but that's simply not the case anymore. Here's how the Saints rebuilt themselves last year. Signed Drew Brees, brought in Sean Peyton, and completely lucked out on getting Reggie Bush, who in turn lit a fire under Deuce mc Allister. Then to top it all they draft a potential pro bowler in Marques Colston in the 7th round. So in counting, that's one QB who had arm surgery in the offseason, a question mark of a coach who worked out, a stupid Texans org and pure Wayne Chrebet type luck with a Hofstra wide out. That's one year.Now, can anybody remember the Giants lucking out like that just once in the last few years??

You can't do it like the old days, but you still have to focus on the draft. Hell, I'd even settle if the Giants just decided "fuck it, we're starting over and blow the whole thing up. But they simply won't do it, a weak New York team in any sport is just not good for the league. We just have to have some savvy, and a bit of luck. The way it is right now this offseason, we might be better off not signing anyone, becuase all the top players are gone and you do not want to sign guys out of desperation. A few backups here and there, but go crazy, please no.

If ever we needed a big draft, this is the one.

If Curtis wants so badly to go to the fucking Lions, then let him fuck off. Seriously, you don't want to go to the Giants, you want to go play for the Lions instead, for Matt Millen???. Who's your QB again???. The Lions are a fucked up franchise since they pissed Sanders off and he left them. That's not ambition going to that team, he just wants the cash, screw him.

there are at least 2 positions that we should of filled in free agancey when the run was hot

1 veteran RB that dont mind sharing back field

2 Veteran LB to help bolster our depleted LB corp

pick up the rest of our needs in the draft and do what Nem said DEVELOP our own players

look at the Pats every year they have new plays that light it up and when they make the hi-light reel everyone is like who the hell is that, where did he come from ???

just like I told a friend of mine this fall that I picked up Bernard Barrian befor the season started he was like Who the hell?????

:TU: agreed.

People throw around the word rebuilding. Really what does that mean anymore. Rebuilding used to take 3-4 years, but that's simply not the case anymore. Here's how the Saints rebuilt themselves last year. Signed Drew Brees, brought in Sean Peyton, and completely lucked out on getting Reggie Bush, who in turn lit a fire under Deuce mc Allister. Then to top it all they draft a potential pro bowler in Marques Colston in the 7th round. So in counting, that's one QB who had arm surgery in the offseason, a question mark of a coach who worked out, a stupid Texans org and pure Wayne Chrebet type luck with a Hofstra wide out. That's one year.Now, can anybody remember the Giants lucking out like that just once in the last few years??

You can't do it like the old days, but you still have to focus on the draft. Hell, I'd even settle if the Giants just decided "fuck it, we're starting over and blow the whole thing up. But they simply won't do it, a weak New York team in any sport is just not good for the league. We just have to have some savvy, and a bit of luck. The way it is right now this offseason, we might be better off not signing anyone, becuase all the top players are gone and you do not want to sign guys out of desperation. A few backups here and there, but go crazy, please no.

If ever we needed a big draft, this is the one.

That's for fucking sure, we better find two real good players in this draft, hopefully one of which will help our awful secondary.

If Curtis wants so badly to go to the fucking Lions, then let him fuck off. Seriously, you don't want to go to the Giants, you want to go play for the Lions instead, for Matt Millen???. Who's your QB again???. The Lions are a fucked up franchise since they pissed Sanders off and he left them. That's not ambition going to that team, he just wants the cash, screw him.

I don't think that Curtis wants to go to Detroit because of Matt Millen but I think it's got more to do with the fact that he got lost in the wash in St.Louis after Martz lost his head coaching position & would like to return to a system that he was an intregal part of.

That's for fucking sure, we better find two real good players in this draft, hopefully one of which will help our awful secondary.

I don't think that Curtis wants to go to Detroit because of Matt Millen but I think it's got more to do with the fact that he got lost in the wash in St.Louis after Martz lost his head coaching position & would like to return to a system that he was an intregal part of.

If he wants a better chance to be successful, then coming to the Giants is a better decision than going to Detroit. We think we have it bad here with Coughlin, but it's been dismal up in Detroit the last few years.

If he wants a better chance to be successful, then coming to the Giants is a better decision than going to Detroit. We think we have it bad here with Coughlin, but it's been dismal up in Detroit the last few years.

I think that he might gauge his success in personal involvement in the offense, after the coaching change in St.Louis he really didn't get that many looks on offense (although he was hurt for part of the season) as the coaching change brought about more of a running attack and with Curtis as the slot reciever he got more looks in Martz's wide open passing game..... in short he was on the field more & thrived under Martz and Detroit (just like the Giants) needs consistant produtivity from the slot reciever, their 3'rd reciever was Mike (Fat Bust) Williams. That's why both parties are interested, although I agree he would be a fool to go to Detroit for any other reason aside from Martz..... their managment is asleep at the wheel.

I'm sure that's what 9ers fans were saying in 2004. It just takes a few steals to get back into the game.

It's all on Eli. If he plays like we expected him to, we are an 11-5 team. Unfortunately we can't assume that anymore

Lets not forget about Davis' and June's no-show.

and oh by the way, Adam Schefter reported on NFL Network that Curtis is Visiting Giants today.

Lets not forget about Davis' and June's no-show.

I'm not. It's real unprofessional to no show. But I think the Curtis deal is blatantly based on his attempts to negotiate a bigger deal with the Lions.

Sometimes these no shows are misleading also. plaxico no showed for his meeting and the Giants pissed all over him and said he'd never play for them and a couple of days later, he's a Giant. Difference then was that Plaxico found out he had no other suitors and came back with his tail between his legs. Curtis probably thinks that in Detroit Martz is lobbying for him.

and oh by the way, Adam Schefter reported on NFL Network that Curtis is Visiting Giants today.

Fair enough. And if he has any sense if he has to choose between the Giants and the Lions, he should pick the Giants over the Lions.Regardless of what happens in free agency, the Giants are still closer to success than Detroit.

I'm sure that's what 9ers fans were saying in 2004. It just takes a few steals to get back into the game.

It's all on Eli. If he plays like we expected him to, we are an 11-5 team. Unfortunately we can't assume that anymore

I've said this a couple of times now, I think the 49ers are going to be much improved. The core of that team is developing and they are putting solid vets in place to support it.

And I agree, if Eli plays up to the hype, we should have been 10-6, 11-5 last year.