SportsWrath

So if Pettigout doesn't sign with Tampa....

'SKINS TURN TO PETITGOUT

A league source tells us that, with Leonard Davis off of the market, the Redskins are now looking at former Giants left tackle Luke Petitgout.

But the 'Skins aren't interested in Petitgout as a left tackle. Instead, he would be moved inside, to replace left guard Derrick Dockery, who signed on Friday with the Bills.

Petitgout was a first-round pick in 1999, and has spent his entire career with the Giants. His 2006 season was shortened by a broken leg. Last week, Petitgout visited the Bucs, and passed a physical.

link

If we give him a similar offer to play LT, he'll come to us.

see to me this makes no sense, why not keep him what is reese thinking? I recall that after lukes injury is when eli really started to slide.

see to me this makes no sense, why not keep him what is reese thinking? I recall that after lukes injury is when eli really started to slide.

Eli was playing shaky ball leading up to the game Luke got hurt. It just happened Eli started to suck when he played real defenses.

Lukes cap # was probably too high and Reese thought he couldve used the money in FA but he was wrong. If we get him back for a short deal then he looks like a genious.

Buccaneers Sign Tackle Luke Petitgout

Posted Mar 6th 2007 4:30PM by Michael David Smith

Filed under: Buccaneers, NFC South, NFL Free Agency

lukepetitgout.jpgNFL Network's Adam Schefter is reporting that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have signed Giants tackle Luke Petitgout to a three-year, $15.5 million contract, with $6 million guaranteed.

I think this is a great signing, with one big caveat -- the Washington Post reported today that Petitgout has back problems. That's the only reason I can think of for the Giants' surprising decision to release Petitgout last month. He's been a reliable lineman and the protector of Eli Manning's backside. If he's healthy, Petitgout is a great addition for the Bucs, but there has been talk that he'd have to move to guard as his back limits his ability to deal with edge pass rushers.

With Petitgout signed, most of the NFL's top free agents have already found a new home. The free agency period is going to slow down, and as it does, few teams have been more active than the Bucs, who have now added six unrestricted free agents.