SportsWrath

Do we get compensation for Shiancoe?

Sephiroth

I belive we Just get a shot at the scrapings at the bottom of the barrel after the 7th round

I'll go back and read my free agency pinned post

Q: Other than seasons, what determines a restricted free agent?

A: He has received a qualifying offer (a salary level predetermined by the collective bargaining agreement between the league and its players) from his old club. He can negotiate with any club through April 20. If the restricted free agent accepts an offer sheet from a new club, his old club can match the offer and retain him because it has the right of first refusal. If the old club doesn’t match the offer, it could receive draft-choice compensation depending on the amount of its qualifying offer. If an offer sheet isn’t carried out, the player’s rights revert to his old club after April 20.

dont really say when we get exercise our right for a compensational pick

It depends on what qualifying offer the Giants gave to Shiancoe, it couldn`t have been more than a 2nd round offer, unless

Minny thinks REALLY highly of him.

they got to be high to offer him that kind of money :rolleyes:

Shiancoe was a third rounder so I believe we can't be compensated higher than that. If we get a 6th rounder out of I think we'll be doing extemely well out of it.

I wish him good luck, nothing personal, I hope he realizes his potential up there in Minny, but he already may have done so.

The articles I read said that our RFAs were G. Wilson, V. Shank and D. Ward. The compensation for these guys I believe were 2nd round, 4th round and 7th round respectively. I will look for a link to the articles though.

Yeah, he was unrestricted. It was R. Torbor I was thinking of. Weak.

--------------------

LOL it was Torbor I was thinking of too. It gets confusing, sorting out all the Giants mid-round picks that stick around for years but never produce. ;)

Of course, they always have "potential."