SportsWrath

Giants offer to Bills

Lughead

4th rounder LINK

Dick Jauron Admits to Shopping McGahee; Giants Offering a 4th?

Posted Feb 27th 2007 8:42AM by Dan Benton

Filed under: Bills, NY Giants, AFC East, NFC East

The rumors surrounding the possible trade of Willis McGahee had been going on for weeks but it wasn't until this past Saturday that they substantiated. While Giants G.M. Jerry Reese was in attendance at the combine, he mentioned that the Giants and Bills were engaged in trade talk and that McGahee was basically the big name.

Still, no one on the Bills openly admitted McGahee was on the block. At least not until yesterday when Coach Dick Jauron said they would be willing to listen to offers and that "no player is untouchable."

"It's in our best interest to listen to everybody, and no people are untouchable," Jauron said. "He's a good back. He's our starting running back right now. It's no surprise to me at all that people are interested."

This morning on ESPN's Mike and Mike, John Clayton was on and reported that the Giants have offered the Bills their fourth round draft pick. He went on to say that the Bills are considering but at the moment are holding out for a better offer.

That seems like it'd be a steal for the Giants. Although the Bills seemed relatively unhappy with McGahee last season, he's still 1,000 yard back in the NFL and that alone should be worth more than a fourth round draft pick.

If he's willing to play ball and not going to be a jerk about playing time then and only then would I make an offer...... A fourth round pick for a guy who on his own is a 1,000 yard rusher and a better backfield reciever than Jacobs would make it easier on Eli and much tougher for the opposition.

4'th rounder for starters, if nobody else offers anything between now and the draft I would see if Buffalo is willing to even take a lower round pick...... if they are that positive they want rid of him let's see if we can get the most in return for giving up the least..... perhaps for once we can rake someone else over the coals instead of being raked over them ourselves.

I'd be extremely happy getting McAghee for a 4th rounder. I'd throw in a later round pick next year too should the stakes increase. Nothing higher than 2 4th rounders.

I think that is as high as the offer should go. Any more then that a one year running back with attitude problems would not be worth it.

There are a lot of RB's whose names are floating around and quite a few in the draft this year, I would be surprised to see anyone making a big time move for McAghee

I would give them a 3rd and Reggie Torbor. Think about it. We may get a compensatory pick or two in the 4th round due to cuts of players like Luke, Lavar, Morton, and Tiki leaving (does that count for anything?). So with that extra pick, we can still manage to get a 3rd rounder.

I would give them a 3rd and Reggie Torbor. Think about it. We may get a compensatory pick or two in the 4th round due to cuts of players like Luke, Lavar, Morton, and Tiki leaving (does that count for anything?). So with that extra pick, we can still manage to get a 3rd rounder.

we offered a 4th why give sweeten the deal with a 3rd (wich Reese said he would not give up any 1st round picks) and a player (Torbor) If we can get him for just a 4th then so be it if some one counter offers then we can throw in Carter and shanico and 4th see if they go for it.

we offered a 4th why give sweeten the deal with a 3rd (wich Reese said he would not give up any 1st round picks) and a player (Torbor) If we can get him for just a 4th then so be it if some one counter offers then we can throw in Carter and shanico and 4th see if they go for it.

You know that they won't accept a 4th for McGahee. This is just the starting offers. And once other teams like the Texans jump in then we'd have to go up if we really wanted him. If Rees eis as agressive as he claims he will be, he would give up a first day pick and an okay player.

Why would we get comps for cut players? You get them for losing UFAs.

I don't know if I like this. He's a good back, but I have a feeling he's more trouble than he's worth.

Why would we get comps for cut players? You get them for losing UFAs.

I don't know if I like this. He's a good back, but I have a feeling he's more trouble than he's worth.

The Jets got a 3rd rounder for cutting Mawae and others last year right?