SportsWrath

Madison/Arrington to the G-Men???????????

RUDIJOHNSON

FWIW, Antonio Pierce supposedly is selling the Giants brass on Arrington at every opportunity. Doesn't mean we'll sign the guy but it doesn't hurt his chances either.

That being said, of what I've read CB Sam Madison sounds like the most likely signing.

FWIW, Antonio Pierce supposedly is selling the Giants brass on Arrington at every opportunity. Doesn't mean we'll sign the guy but it doesn't hurt his chances either.

That being said, of what I've read CB Sam Madison sounds like the most likely signing.

if we got both, I wouldn't be pissed... but I'd rather get R. Barber than Madison, even though they play differant positions... our CB's should be Webster and W. Peterson if healthy... then draft a CB in the first round

I have read nowhere, no links, nothing where it says the Eagles are interested.

The same can be said that ONE article, where a former teammate who is a Giant in no way dictates we want this guy or will go after him.

I am skeptical, he has lost a step based on that knee, he apparently is as sharp as a marble and if he had trouble with Gibbs he sure as hell would hate TC.

Give him a nice one or two year deal with an option for a third depending on how it goes and make sure that you have complete control with Arrington.

Even though Lavar and AP didn't play much on the field together, it is obvious that Lavar has respect for him. I remember he said that he was the reason they were the #1 or #2 ranked defense or somewhere in that top spot in the NFL. That is a very strong compliment.

I'd rather save the money and go after a shutdown corner. Webster is still fresh, Will Pete, who I love, is injury plagued and Will Allen will be gone. That leaves Gibril the only solid sec. guy we got. Who's replacing B. Alexander?

I dont exactly know who's out there besides Madison, who wouldnt be all that bad a p/u branted he's cheap, but who's out there at CB?

I'd rather save the money and go after a shutdown corner. Webster is still fresh, Will Pete, who I love, is injury plagued and Will Allen will be gone. That leaves Gibril the only solid sec. guy we got. Who's replacing B. Alexander?

I dont exactly know who's out there besides Madison, who wouldnt be all that bad a p/u branted he's cheap, but who's out there at CB?

As of right now, the only other CB out there who could be seen as "better" than Madison are Ty Law and Andre Dyson...

Ty Law is a disgruntled vet with an inflated sense of self worth that we will not be able to afford....

Andre Dyson is a good player, still young, but may end up get a very large contract to go elsewhere...

Deshea Townsend or Jerry Azumah would save us a lot of money.

Azumah may be forced to retire because of an arthritic hip condition and Deshea Townsend is no better than Will Allen and is not as good as some posters would have you think....

Edited by shockjock

Deshea Townsend or Jerry Azumah would save us a lot of money.

Azumah is a RFA and he has a serious hip injury. Townsend isn't that good ... I think he should be our ultimate back-up option.