SportsWrath

Pac Man Jones

Lughead

link

Posted Feb 19th 2007 8:42PM by mjd

Filed under: Titans, AFC South, NFL Police Blotter

Tennessee Titans cornerback and trouble magnet Pac Man Jones has some new legal issues, and these are his worst yet. Three people were shot at a club called "Minxx" on Sunday night, and there are reports that Pac Man is "at the center" of the investigation.

This comes from Sports by Brooks, which is reporting it from a report on SportingNews radio.

Cofield said Jones, accompanied by a large posse, entered the club late Sunday night with a "Glad Bag" full of dollar bills, and soon began throwing the money at the dancers ("making it rain"). Rappers Nelly and Jermaine Dupri were also at the club, and were throwing money at the dancers from "blocks of singles".

Two of the strippers allegedly began to fight over the cash, and in part because of that confusion, the club owners turned on the lights in an effort to get all the patrons to exit the club.

Cofield noted that after Jones and his group left the club, there were allegedly multiple gunshots from automatic weapons coming from Jones' entourage, resulting in two bouncers being shot (both are in critical condition) and a woman also getting hit with the gunfire (condition unknown).

And just so it's clear, he didn't spit on anyone. I repeat, Pac-Man Jones did not spit on any women here. See, he's making progress.

Obviously, from that report, it's impossible to tell who was involved in what, and I think it's important not to presume guilt here. It's not illegal to enter a strip club with a garbage bag full of one-dollar bills (in fact, it's rather awesome) and Pac Man's involvement in the shooting could be minimal, if it even exists.

But still, it's nothing but bad news for Pac Man. The Titans have to be getting fed up with legal incidents involving Jones, he's got other unresolved legal issues, and this is the last thing he needs.

• 2 weeks later...
By TheSportsGuru link

Posted on Wed Feb 28, 2007 at 12:44:26 PM EST

With more and more details coming out about the shooting in a Las Vegas Night Club invloving the "security" team of Pac-Man Jones, it is becoming more apparent to me that Jones is just an all-around bad guy. I talked on MHR Radio last week about Jones' history, which includes no leass than 8 run-ins with the law. Sure, no all were arrests, but anytime you are part of an investigation of any kind it usually not a good thing.

The lastest to come out against Jones is just as revealing about Jones, and his chosen lifestyle. Good friend, and indicted drug dealer Darryl Moore was recenlty arrested as part of a year long drug investigation. Pac-Man was not part of the investigation, but during tapped conversations involving Moore his name certainly came up, along with Moore's concern for Pac-Man and his apparent drug use. Remember, Moore is a drug dealer --

"We gotta slow down, man. We gotta get him focused on football, man. He's focused on too much other s---," Moore said. You know, I was talkin' to him the other day about smokin', and he was like man, if I didn't smoke I couldn't take all the stress that I'm dealing with right now,'" Moore said.

Moore also talked about Titans Head Coach Jeff Fisher who he said visited Jones at home.

"Fisher's being as patient as a mutha f'er as he can. Fisher gotta win. Fisher trying to win...He ain't putting up with that s---," Moore said.

The Titans have said in the past they've talked to Jones. Lawyers and judges have certainly counseled him as well.

"He gotta concentrate on season...that f'n drug test coming up," he said. "We telling him he needed 33 days before he took his f'n test; dry-out, and he didn't...that's let me know right there that he ain't taking his f'n job serious."

That's alot of concern coming from a guy who made his living supplying drugs to other people. It just goes to show what kind of person Pac-Man Jones is. He's a thug who doesn't deserve to the priveledge of playing in the National Football League. He puts himself in bad situations, and surrounds himself with bad people. As a football fan I am shocked and embarrassed by this and saddens me that someone with so much ability would be such an A-Hole.

Keep you eye on Music City Miracles, our Tennessee Titans blog for more information. I am going to go throw up.

Pacman's Side of the Story: He Was Beaten and Robbed

Posted Feb 28th 2007 8:20PM by mjd

Filed under: Titans, AFC South, NFL Police Blotter

pacman-jones-4-240.jpgPacman Jones (or at least his publicist) has spoken out for the first time about what went down in that Vegas strip club. The publicist, Cheryl Moss (also an eyewitness of the scene), said that Pacman did not have a trash bag full of money, didn't hit any of the dancers, and doesn't know the shooter. She also says that the club's bouncers maced Pacman's bodyguard, slammed his stylist into a cactus, and choked Pacman.

I don't know who did what, but I know that Pacman should at least be fined for taking a stylist to a night club. Who does that?

Anyway, it's a vastly different story than anything else that's been reported about the incident. As Moss tells it, strippers fought over money, and Pacman ended up getting his ass whooped.

Other reports, of course, have Pacman abusing a stripper, trying to be restrained by bouncers, and allege that the shooter was a member of Pacman's entourage. I doubt it was the stylist. Most stylists don't carry gats.

The publicist also points out that Pacman was preparing to celebrate his daughter's first birthday (just out of curiosity, will daddy make it rain at her party?), and that his parents were staying with him in Vegas. She says that Pacman's "entourage" consisted of herself, the stylist, a bodyguard, a personal assistant, a "model friend," and two other women, and not "some around-the-way homeboys." There are other details, too ... I encourage you to read the story.

Of course, it's important to point out that this woman is a publicist, and that it's her job to make her client look as good as she possibly can. But it's also important to note that Pacman hasn't been charged with any crime, nor do authorities have him under suspicion for any.

"Fisher's being as patient as a mutha f'er as he can. Fisher gotta win. Fisher trying to win...He ain't putting up with that s---," Moore said

I think this guy might be who ESPN is thinking of as a replacement for "The Playmaker". The silver tongue devil would make Jackson's head explode.

C. Wagon