SportsWrath

Opening Day

Isles

What is up with this crap???

An online registration is now open for the opportunity to buy tickets to the 2007 Opening Day and Yankees vs. Mets ("Subway Series") games to be played at Shea Stadium. Individuals chosen through the online random drawing on mets.com or losmets.com will have the opportunity to purchase tickets to these selected games. This drawing will be held on or about Monday, February 19, 2007.

The online random drawing will be the sole means of purchasing single game tickets for the home opener against the Philadelphia Phillies, Monday, April 9 and the Mets-Yankees series May 18-20.

The Mets have launched the online ticket registration to provide fans a fair and convenient way to purchase tickets from the limited availability for Opening Day and the Subway Series. The limited inventory is a result of a significant increase in year-to-date sales of Season Tickets, Ticket Plans and Packs, which also offer tickets to Opening Day and the Subway Series.

Sox have the same thing but then the entire fanbase is online at one time and the odds of you getting through the lottery are slim to none. I mean, for regular Sox tickets it started at 10 am and I couldn't get out of the waiting room until 6 pm. It'll be worse when the Yankees series go on sale separately...but if you have the same lottery system then have multiple computers and a lot of free time.

Sox have the same thing but then the entire fanbase is online at one time and the odds of you getting through the lottery are slim to none. I mean, for regular Sox tickets it started at 10 am and I couldn't get out of the waiting room until 6 pm. It'll be worse when the Yankees series go on sale separately...but if you have the same lottery system then have multiple computers and a lot of free time.

Ugh really? I got two computers, I'll leave a page open all day on both. Of course, our fanbase isnt exactly the Sox fanbase. If the drawing is at 10, can I log in beforehand?

btw, do the Sox have the same thing in having a lottery to be part of this ticket selling thing? I'm sure the Mets limited down some possible ticket buyers with this lottery.

Ugh really? I got two computers, I'll leave a page open all day on both. Of course, our fanbase isnt exactly the Sox fanbase. If the drawing is at 10, can I log in beforehand?

btw, do the Sox have the same thing in having a lottery to be part of this ticket selling thing? I'm sure the Mets limited down some possible ticket buyers with this lottery.

Well, there's a limit to how many tickets you can buy so that makes things a bit easier. I still think you're gonna have a tough go of it considering that the Mets fanbase isn't exactly miniscule...but prove me wrong, for your sake. The way it worked with the Sox was that you could sign in before 10 and you'd be put in a waiting room where it counts down from 30 seconds and automatically refreshes every single time. Eventually, if you're chosen from the waiting room (the lottery part), you'll get a chance to buy a ticket but ONLY for the game you clicked on to get to the waiting room in the first place. I hope your system works better than ours did.

Well, there's a limit to how many tickets you can buy so that makes things a bit easier. I still think you're gonna have a tough go of it considering that the Mets fanbase isn't exactly miniscule...but prove me wrong, for your sake. The way it worked with the Sox was that you could sign in before 10 and you'd be put in a waiting room where it counts down from 30 seconds and automatically refreshes every single time. Eventually, if you're chosen from the waiting room (the lottery part), you'll get a chance to buy a ticket but ONLY for the game you clicked on to get to the waiting room in the first place. I hope your system works better than ours did.

The differences that have me optimistic is that Sox fans are the ultimate die hards... I wouldn't feel good going up against Red Sox fans in a line for tickets... it would never end. 20,000 less seats too.

I have to go to a family thing for about 1, so I'll use both computers in the house for 3 hours each. I can't believe I actually won this part of the lottery, I never win this.

Anaheim started doing that 2 years ago when the Yanks come into town. I think it's complete bullshit because when you do get through you sit by yourself and your in the nose bleeds.

The Mets way is actually pretty good. It's a total of 6 cumulative for 4 games. So I can get 2 for Phils game, and 4 for Yanks game.

Do the Angels have that?

I got you failed Email

I have gone to opening day 10 years in a row. Now I will have to fucking Ebay or Craiglist tickets for triple the price. I am fucking pissed. I never had a problem going online and using ticketmaster.

I got opening day tix! Section 21 in mezannine section, not too shabby. I wouldve gotten tix to the Yanks game but the seats were too damn high.

My problem was never solved. I ordered on a different computer and it took me 2 seconds. Go figure. Anyone ever been in Mezannine in the upper rows?