SportsWrath

who else do you guys want cut?

Dre180

Nem, in the age of Free agency and Salary cap, having the best player at every position is impossible. Sure Finn hasn't been a smashing FB but he's been solid for us. And with so many other needs, I think the FB position is one of the last one we need to worry about.

The cuts this team made is to make room for excellent FA signings. I think the release of Lavar (which was shocking.. althought I beleive his achillies injury is the culprit) and Mr Pecotroial all but gave us the green light to sign Briggs I think his name is..

Luke P's injury must've been worse than thought and though he did have a good 2006, he's had more bad seasons than good ones. I don't know if there are any prominant Left Tackles in FA but Luke was making a huge salary (based on recollection).

Add to that the money we're saving from Barber's retirement and we're positioned to land Briggs, one of the prominted CBs and a very solid Left Tackle... and still have enough money to sign solid blue collar players and the rookies.

Concerning the OLT spot, just look at how many overhyped (Gallery, L. Davis, F. Adams) & overpaid (Pace, Pettigout, W. Thomas) guys are out there in the league.... does Matt Light of the Patriots stand out with outstanding ability, revered because of his massive paycheck? No, the guy brings his lunchpail to work every day, plays hurt and doesn't let it limit him.... a real blue collar guy who will knock the snot out of you every chance he gets...... that's the type of guy we need..... look at Diehl and Seubert, lots of guys were drafted before them but they are effective.

Then I don't know what else to tell you....All of these FB are know as power FB. I can't explain it better than that, really.

Well if Power FB is what you mean, I can totally agree. They are. But there no jimm Finn. :TU:

What, like a clown? What do you mean I'm funny? I'm funny like a clown?

More like, you know, when you open the fridge, and there's a smell, and you go....::::sniff:::: :::::sniff::::: something smells funny? That kind of funny.

Concerning the OLT spot, just look at how many overhyped (Gallery, L. Davis, F. Adams) & overpaid (Pace, Pettigout, W. Thomas) guys are out there in the league.... does Matt Light of the Patriots stand out with outstanding ability, revered because of his massive paycheck? No, the guy brings his lunchpail to work every day, plays hurt and doesn't let it limit him.... a real blue collar guy who will knock the snot out of you every chance he gets...... that's the type of guy we need..... look at Diehl and Seubert, lots of guys were drafted before them but they are effective.

Yeah but I believe the Giants are eyeing a top teir LT in FA. Is this guy from the Patriots available? And will the Pats let him go?

Oh like, "somebody stinks...sniff, sniff... Rick put your damn shoes back on!"

Yeah, something like that. I see your familiar with that smell....musta been from when I forgot my shoes under your bed....you know, on your girl's side of the bed.

Nem, in the age of Free agency and Salary cap, having the best player at every position is impossible. Sure Finn hasn't been a smashing FB but he's been solid for us. And with so many other needs, I think the FB position is one of the last one we need to worry about.

The cuts this team made is to make room for excellent FA signings. I think the release of Lavar (which was shocking.. althought I beleive his achillies injury is the culprit) and Mr Pecotroial all but gave us the green light to sign Briggs I think his name is..

Luke P's injury must've been worse than thought and though he did have a good 2006, he's had more bad seasons than good ones. I don't know if there are any prominant Left Tackles in FA but Luke was making a huge salary (based on recollection).

Add to that the money we're saving from Barber's retirement and we're positioned to land Briggs, one of the prominted CBs and a very solid Left Tackle... and still have enough money to sign solid blue collar players and the rookies.

FB is not a concern for this team right now, Finn is fine.

But for all of you thinking we're going to go crazy signing free agents, calm down. The Giants had 9 mill in cap space before this. They will also have to shell out some money for Arrington releasing him this early. O'Hara will eat up a lot of that money if he's signed. I don't see Briggs/Clements or samuels here. San Fran/Jets/Cardinals are examples of teams who have over 20-30 mill in cap room. Briggs is looking to also be the main man somewhere else, which won't happen with Pierce on the team. Plus Briggs and Clements might get franchise tags. A better bet at linebcaker might be adellus thomas from the Ravens because there's a chance they cant afford him.

I think you'll see a lot of mid level free agents coming in here instead of the team going for a big bang. Apart from Pierce, what other free agent linebacker has worked in recent years. However if you look around the league many of the linebackers that have been drafted in the last few years are making impressions and I wish the Giants would do the same. Leonard Davis might be a good move to replace Pettigout because he's supposed to be out in Arizona. A good backup QB would be nice. jacobs needs a veteran to spell him, someone like Rhodes, fuck word is Clinton Portis can be had.. Jay Feely needs to go, Coughlin has no confidence in him. Also back up tight end, cause Shiancoe is no good and Shockey gets nicked up to much.

But for all of you thinking we're going to go crazy signing free agents, calm down. The Giants had 9 mill in cap space before this. They will also have to shell out some money for Arrington releasing him this early. O'Hara will eat up a lot of that money if he's signed. I don't see Briggs/Clements or samuels here. San Fran/Jets/Cardinals are examples of teams who have over 20-30 mill in cap room. Briggs is looking to also be the main man somewhere else, which won't happen with Pierce on the team. Plus Briggs and Clements might get franchise tags. A better bet at linebcaker might be adellus thomas from the Ravens because there's a chance they cant afford him.

I think you'll see a lot of mid level free agents coming in here instead of the team going for a big bang. Apart from Pierce, what other free agent linebacker has worked in recent years. However if you look around the league many of the linebackers that have been drafted in the last few years are making impressions and I wish the Giants would do the same. Leonard Davis might be a good move to replace Pettigout because he's supposed to be out in Arizona. A good backup QB would be nice. jacobs needs a veteran to spell him, someone like Rhodes, fuck word is Clinton Portis can be had.. Jay Feely needs to go, Coughlin has no confidence in him. Also back up tight end, cause Shiancoe is no good and Shockey gets nicked up to much.

I thought we were 15 Mil under the cap?

My bet is we pick up Samuels. The Pats are less likely to franchise tag him. Other than that, I totally agree with everything you said.

My bet is we pick up Samuels. The Pats are less likely to franchise tag him. Other than that, I totally agree with everything you said.

Of the 3, he'd be my pick also. Nate Clements is going to do a Ty Law and go to the team that pays him the most, he's made that clear. If Briggs leaves Chicago, he's going to go somewhere who gives him the big bucks and let's him lead the defense.

Can we avoid a lineman from a team that couldn't run with Edgerron James and JJ Arrington, please?

You can, but you can't ignore the fact that he's as big as a house and it's going to take 5 minutes just to get around his fat ass. davis carries the "potential" tag. He'll get suitors.

Grain of salt time...

Breaking News!!!! Strahan has also refused to take a paycut so his days as a giant could likely coming to an end.

Toomer is expected to be contacted by Reese tommorow when he returns from overseas.

Chad Morton, Tim Carter, and Frank Walker are the next cuts and these might be announced tomorrow or Wednesday. Spags wants Kiwi on the field as much as possible. He will SAM as long as Osi and Michael are healthy on run downs. Lukes money will likely be thrown at Samuel. Briggs is not on in the picture right now.

Grain of salt guys.