SportsWrath

Just your everday rumor...

gateb

WOO HOO....this means Arrington and Pettigout replica jersey's will be going for $20.00 in the sale section of the Giants.com online store. HOORAY BEER....HOORAY cheap jerseys.

Get the Petitgout shirt--that way you can say you got it in 2002, and that it's just a shame to waste a good jersey.

It's a brilliant move, politically. You now have Strahan and Toomer from the old guard. Strahan probably isn't going anywhere, I don't think, and maybe Toomer stays. But Tiki is gone with his mouth, and Petitgout wasn't exactly a team guy.

Then again, maybe you move Strahan for draft choices, while he still has some value.

At any rate, it's all on Coughlin's dime. The fans expect him to fail next year as it is, and they are going to primarily blame him anyway. So you get to clean house of the old guys, clear cap space, and if it doesn't work, you get to blame the unpopular coach.

Pretty fucking evil, but pretty smart, too...

I told you guys that Reese is The Dark Lord:

TBCvP The Bastard: Bewaaahhhhhaaaahh....now at the end they realize the power of the Dark Side.

Reese The Dark Lord: What is thy bidding my Master.

TBCvP: Goe forth and slay my enemies...remove them from their seats of power and restore pride in the name Giants. Spare no one .... not even the younglings!

The Dark Lord: Younglings my lord...?

TBCvP: Yes you foooollll...the hirings of Acorsi The Accursed One....remove them from sight my very dominion. Only then will you come into your full power in the Dark Side...The hate is swelling in you now.

The Dark Lord: Yes my master...Arrington the Cripple..The Human False Start...and the Human Statue will be swept away at thy command.

TBCvP: Everything is going as I have forseen....bewaaaahhhaaaahhh. :evilgrin:

Man, Reese is really sending a message to EA with these cuts.

Actually I like it. When was the last time the Giants did anything exciting this early into the off-season. I have a feeling Reese is a wheel and deal man. He's marking his spot already.

WOO HOO....this means Arrington and Pettigout replica jersey's will be going for $20.00 in the sale section of the Giants.com online store. HOORAY BEER....HOORAY cheap jerseys.

Luke's facemask will be marked down to $250 now. Fucking yeah!!

O'Hara is horrible at pass blocking. That's why the Giants are not in a rush to sign him.

If I'm not mistaken Nem, O'hara is a priority but may price himself out, something like $30million for 6 years, and his agent has no friends in the Giants FO.

I told you guys that Reese is The Dark Lord:

TBCvP The Bastard: Bewaaahhhhhaaaahh....now at the end they realize the power of the Dark Side.

Reese The Dark Lord: What is thy bidding my Master.

TBCvP: Goe forth and slay my enemies...remove them from their seats of power and restore pride in the name Giants. Spare no one .... not even the younglings!

The Dark Lord: Younglings my lord...?

TBCvP: Yes you foooollll...the hirings of Acorsi The Accursed One....remove them from sight my very dominion. Only then will you come into your full power in the Dark Side...The hate is swelling in you now.

The Dark Lord: Yes my master...Arrington the Cripple..The Human False Start...and the Human Statue will be swept away at thy command.

TBCvP: Everything is going as I have forseen....bewaaaahhhaaaahhh. :evilgrin:

TBC, that was you best one to date....:TU:

If I'm not mistaken Nem, O'hara is a priority but may price himself out, something like $30million for 6 years, and his agent has no friends in the Giants FO.

Good, I hope he prices himself out of here for good. He was absolutely terrible in pass protection.

Man, Reese is really sending a message to EA with these cuts.

the funny thing is i heard ea on the fan, and he was praising reese like you wouldn't believe. but he basically said how they see on the same page, and i really thought reese was going to follow in ea's footsteps with some bonehead moves, however, he has certainly began to prove me wrong. i didn't hate ea as bad as a lot of you guys did, but i didn't think he was great either. but so far, reese is making him look like shit! this is exactly what this team needs. a guy who takes no bullshit, and has a system in place that he follows in order to have continued success. the best part is, even if the giants have a good year this year, i don't think reese would feel inclined to bring coughlin back if there is someone better out there. i don't hate coughlin either, so don't get me wrong, but in no way do i think he is the long term solution to this team, and i don't see him coming back next year, unless the giants won the superbowl . maybe this is all part of a long term plan for reese, and these roster moves are a way of ensuring the next coach that he'll do whatever is necessary to help this team win. i like it.

I believe that Luke Pettigout will be resigned by the Giants at a cheaper rate. And I am curious to know IF the Giants will hafta pay out the rest of Lavar's contract (didn't he get signed for 7 yrs??)

:mellow::unsure:

nope...that's the beauty of football, you can cut whoever you want whenever you want. the only thing guaranteed are signing bonuses, and lavar signed an incentive laden deal, so there wasn't much money up front. we could've actually saved more money if lavar was on the team i think, however get him out, i don't care. i don't want guys like that playing for the new york giants. as for luke, i don't think he'll be resigned, if they were gonna do that, they would have just restructured his deal. why would you cut him, and have the possibility of another team signing him, if you were interested in bringing him back? that doesn't make any sense to me. maybe there is a reason for this relating to injury, maybe he wasn't able to come back at full strength.

Actually I like it. When was the last time the Giants did anything exciting this early into the off-season. I have a feeling Reese is a wheel and deal man. He's marking his spot already.

yeah the last two offseasons have been pretty annoying. All rumors and no action. Two years ago we got McKenzie and Pierce, but we went through all that shit with signing Plaxico. And then the rumors with Lavar were just unbearable. And it turns out he sucked for us anyway.

Hopefully this is the beginning of something different. Anything that's different from the shit we've been doing the last 5 years.

It's a brilliant move, politically. You now have Strahan and Toomer from the old guard. Strahan probably isn't going anywhere, I don't think, and maybe Toomer stays. But Tiki is gone with his mouth, and Petitgout wasn't exactly a team guy.

Then again, maybe you move Strahan for draft choices, while he still has some value.

At any rate, it's all on Coughlin's dime. The fans expect him to fail next year as it is, and they are going to primarily blame him anyway. So you get to clean house of the old guys, clear cap space, and if it doesn't work, you get to blame the unpopular coach.

Pretty fucking evil, but pretty smart, too...

Strahan ain't going nowhere. We demand loyalty from players. It's only right that we show some loyalty to one of our great players.

the funny thing is i heard ea on the fan, and he was praising reese like you wouldn't believe. but he basically said how they see on the same page, and i really thought reese was going to follow in ea's footsteps with some bonehead moves, however, he has certainly began to prove me wrong. i didn't hate ea as bad as a lot of you guys did, but i didn't think he was great either. but so far, reese is making him look like shit! this is exactly what this team needs. a guy who takes no bullshit, and has a system in place that he follows in order to have continued success. the best part is, even if the giants have a good year this year, i don't think reese would feel inclined to bring coughlin back if there is someone better out there. i don't hate coughlin either, so don't get me wrong, but in no way do i think he is the long term solution to this team, and i don't see him coming back next year, unless the giants won the superbowl . maybe this is all part of a long term plan for reese, and these roster moves are a way of ensuring the next coach that he'll do whatever is necessary to help this team win. i like it.

So far, he has done nothing but drop a couple of stiffs along with the starting LT. Dropping Luke may very well turn out to be a boneheaded move. Luke wasn't great by any means, but he was good and you don't just stumble upon good LT's. The Giants will probably have to overpay a guy to replace him (because they'll REALLY need him now) who probably won't be any better than Petitgout.