SportsWrath

Sporting News Mets Fantasy Preview

LorfTVP

I don't agree with their stand on our bullpen, they say Darren Oliver may be trivial, but we have players who can easily step into his role... he did a good job but he was not needed. Chad Bradford hurts, but one player doesn't kill the bullpen. And we didn't even get Mota till August last year so it's not like that matters anyway. I think the bullpen is just as good right now than it was after Sanchez went down. If Sanchez comes back, and Mota stays how he was when he comes back, and someone can take on the role of Darren Oliver, we'll be fine in that dept.

Sadly, I think David Wright is overrated when it comes to fantasy leagues, I love him to death, but people are saying he's going to be amazing. I think he'll have another solid .300 season with 25-35 homers and 115 RBI's with 20 or so stolen bases. I think anyone who takes him within the top 5 is taking a risk (I know some people who are going to). I hope he doesn't read this, find out where I live and kill me.

I don't agree with their stand on our bullpen, they say Darren Oliver may be trivial, but we have players who can easily step into his role... he did a good job but he was not needed. Chad Bradford hurts, but one player doesn't kill the bullpen. And we didn't even get Mota till August last year so it's not like that matters anyway. I think the bullpen is just as good right now than it was after Sanchez went down. If Sanchez comes back, and Mota stays how he was when he comes back, and someone can take on the role of Darren Oliver, we'll be fine in that dept.

Sadly, I think David Wright is overrated when it comes to fantasy leagues, I love him to death, but people are saying he's going to be amazing. I think he'll have another solid .300 season with 25-35 homers and 115 RBI's with 20 or so stolen bases. I think anyone who takes him within the top 5 is taking a risk (I know some people who are going to). I hope he doesn't read this, find out where I live and kill me.

Well, excuse me, but that's a damn good season right there. Remember that Wright was batting .316 with 20 HR, 74 RBI, and 11 SB at the break...post break he hit a good .309 but offered no production with a paltry 6 HRs, 42 RBI, and 9 SB. Also note that he played less time (339 AB vs. 243 AB) in the second half. Still, David Wright benefits in the lack of a ceiling to impede his production. Jose Reyes benefits from the same thing. I expect Wright to hit a bit better with Alou hitting behind him instead of, correct me if I'm wrong, Floyd (when he was healthy) last year. With the hitters around him and that stacked Mets lineup, I'm gonna chalk his second half up to bad luck and draft Wright up there. I do admit, I think Miguel Cabrera is a lot better but Wright definitely deserves merit. Buy low if people overlook what he can do because of a "poor" second half which really wasn't. If anybody remembers my argument about Michael Young using ESPN's player rater, Wright ranks 31st, which is damn respectable. I have to think that he will exceed his numbers this year. Remember, Wright provides + production in every single category as well which is incredibly valuable.

Well, excuse me, but that's a damn good season right there. Remember that Wright was batting .316 with 20 HR, 74 RBI, and 11 SB at the break...post break he hit a good .309 but offered no production with a paltry 6 HRs, 42 RBI, and 9 SB. Also note that he played less time (339 AB vs. 243 AB) in the second half. Still, David Wright benefits in the lack of a ceiling to impede his production. Jose Reyes benefits from the same thing. I expect Wright to hit a bit better with Alou hitting behind him instead of, correct me if I'm wrong, Floyd (when he was healthy) last year. With the hitters around him and that stacked Mets lineup, I'm gonna chalk his second half up to bad luck and draft Wright up there. I do admit, I think Miguel Cabrera is a lot better but Wright definitely deserves merit. Buy low if people overlook what he can do because of a "poor" second half which really wasn't. If anybody remembers my argument about Michael Young using ESPN's player rater, Wright ranks 31st, which is damn respectable. I have to think that he will exceed his numbers this year. Remember, Wright provides + production in every single category as well which is incredibly valuable.

Making me sound like a met-basher here, lol. I had no idea about the 31st ranking, which, IMO is better than the like 9 ranking at yahoo (guessimate). I pretty much agree with you here.

Making me sound like a met-basher here, lol. I had no idea about the 31st ranking, which, IMO is better than the like 9 ranking at yahoo (guessimate). I pretty much agree with you here.

I don't blame you...as a Mets fan, I assume you saw every game and how he struggled to produce at the end of the year so you were a bit blinded to the statistical facts...it happens to the best of us. But still, David Wright is one of the very few five category producers out there, helping out in BA, R, HR, RBI, and SB. The others are, and note that I'm only mentioning the ones who will significantly help you, are Grady Sizemore, Carlos Beltran, Vladimir Guerrero, Alex Rodriguez, and Vernon Wells. Note how all those are 1st and 2nd round names...they're there for a reason. As for lesser guys...I don't want to give you too much help in finding the sleepers. Oh, this is an obvious one, Crawford has the ability to climb up there. There are a bunch of four category producers as well from the slow footed mashers to the fleet footed leadoff hitters with power.