SportsWrath

The New York Giants

Lughead

ok The Giants are on the clock at #20 (barring trade up or trade down)who is the best player available at this point?

I know its hard to say because we are so far away from the draft but just was wondering

OK, here's my take.

We have 3 or 4 "hot sports" hat need looking into. CB, FS, OLB, RB.

Now, I think we have GOT to sign eith Samuels or Clement. So that takes care of DB in the early 2 rounds.

I think we can get LaRon Landry (FS LSU) at 20, but lot of mocks have him going as early as 8. If so, i think we go RB with either Marshall or Bush. Yeah Bush can go in the 2nd, but why take the chance.

It's gotta be "best available" when we draft.

I'd agree with VG, but I'd say we could also use a Tackle (isn't Luke a FA this year?), Center (O'Hara is gonna leave, but I wouldn't mind if Seubert takes over that spot), DT (just like every year... and I think Joseph is set to leave this year too), or WR (who knows how Amani will be).

So I'd say Best Available. Of course, I'd love to see them draft a new QB, but that's just me. :)

It's gotta be "best available" when we draft.

I'd agree with VG, but I'd say we could also use a Tackle (isn't Luke a FA this year?), Center (O'Hara is gonna leave, but I wouldn't mind if Seubert takes over that spot), DT (just like every year... and I think Joseph is set to leave this year too), or WR (who knows how Amani will be).

So I'd say Best Available. Of course, I'd love to see them draft a new QB, but that's just me. :)

Not only would drafting a QB be senseless, but a big waste of money.

I know Eli is pissin us off, but he had tons of hype come w/ him. This is just about teh time Peyton started killin it, Aikman and Elway too, about 3 yrs into thier career. He'll be fine, w. the right coaching.

I've read a few sites about the draft and a couple said we got that RB from Louisville ranked real high on our board.

Michael Bush? Would be a great pick in the 2nd round if we managed to get Poz in the first. Jacobs and Bush are pretty similar, and Bush isn't a lightning fast guy but if he comes back to form that he was before he broke his leg, he'd be a steal.

I read a site where we took Brian Leonard...

Michael Bush? Would be a great pick in the 2nd round if we managed to get Poz in the first. Jacobs and Bush are pretty similar, and Bush isn't a lightning fast guy but if he comes back to form that he was before he broke his leg, he'd be a steal.

I read a site where we took Brian Leonard...

Bush wont make it to the second.

DWAYNE JARRETT

Won't make it past the Titans, they need a great WR like Jarrett more than we do and you've got to figure that Norm Chow will take one of his guys that he knows already... unless Jarrett pulls a LenDale White and baloons up 40 pounds between now and the combine he won't make it that far.

Dewayne Bowe has supposedly had a outstanding week down at the Senior Bowl and has had scouts foaming at the mouth, my only concern is his overall speed, but as we have seen how great a guy can be even if he isn't the fleetest afoot but runs precise routes and has great hands.

Won't make it past the Titans, they need a great WR like Jarrett more than we do and you've got to figure that Norm Chow will take one of his guys that he knows already... unless Jarrett pulls a LenDale White and baloons up 40 pounds between now and the combine he won't make it that far.

Dewayne Bowe has supposedly had a outstanding week down at the Senior Bowl and has had scouts foaming at the mouth, my only concern is his overall speed, but as we have seen how great a guy can be even if he isn't the fleetest afoot but runs precise routes and has great hands.

I'd love to get Bowe, he's exactly what we need at WR, i think i even mentioned hiom in a thread a while back. Funny thing is he couldn't see past his nose his first few seasons but never new it, then he got tested and has lasik and became a beast.

I'd love to get Bowe, he's exactly what we need at WR, i think i even mentioned hiom in a thread a while back. Funny thing is he couldn't see past his nose his first few seasons but never new it, then he got tested and has lasik and became a beast.

How does one play with such poor eyesight? If his vision was that bad he must have hands the size of a first basemans glove to catch the ball.

Nonetheless, he looks amazing but I'm not sure even with him on our team (assuming he fell to us) it would cure our offensive woes, he could be the best route runner in the world but if Eli can't get him the ball what difference does it make.

My pick in the first has got to be BPA regardless of position (unless it's DE), hopefully it's someone on the defensive side of the ball because that's where I think we need the most help but I don't want Reese saying "This is the position that needs the most help" and when we come up just pick the best guy available for that spot.

I don't know about you guys but I'm kind of through with the Giants wasting high draft picks on receivers. We have such a poor record of recruitment and development. Also, receivers on the whole are tough to judge. We're better off getting free agents or low draft picks and stick to defense in the early rounds, which we know better.

How does one play with such poor eyesight? If his vision was that bad he must have hands the size of a first basemans glove to catch the ball.

Nonetheless, he looks amazing but I'm not sure even with him on our team (assuming he fell to us) it would cure our offensive woes, he could be the best route runner in the world but if Eli can't get him the ball what difference does it make.

My pick in the first has got to be BPA regardless of position (unless it's DE), hopefully it's someone on the defensive side of the ball because that's where I think we need the most help but I don't want Reese saying "This is the position that needs the most help" and when we come up just pick the best guy available for that spot.

He has terrible vision and nobody knew, he underperformed his first few years at LSU and everyone thought he was a bust. So before his senior season he has his eyes tested and finds out he has cazy vision (like 20-100 or some shit). So he has lasik and is like a brand new reciever.

What about Anthony Gonzalez WR Ohio State. 4.0 GPA, smart on the field, is a great route runner, has solid hands. Only thing he is lacking is speed. May be a good pick for us in 2nd or 3rd round.

Oh god another WR from OSU :rolleyes:

If you watched the BCS championship game you saw how ineffective he was after Ginn went out with the injury (mind you some of this had to do with the fact that Troy Smith sucks but for the guy to completely drop off the earth.... he can't be that good.)

From the University of Louisville, 19 year old Senior, Omobi Akoye. Pair him with Cofield and you have a young DT duo that will do some work.

What about Robbins? Didn't he have a pro bowl season for us this year? He still has a few years left in the tank.

Here's our record of drafting 'speed' in the early rounds.

Webster - Bum

Sinorice Moss - Bum, pulls a hammy scratching his balls. Was suppsoed to be useful for us in the slot and everybody on the board was slobbing on his knob before the season about his speed and shiftiness. Fucker sits out the entire season with a fucking toe-injury??

Fuck it, if we dont get Briggs, I say we should go DT / LB in the first couple rounds. RBs can always be picked in the later rounds.

Justin Blalock. Let Ohara walk, move Snee to center and put Blalock at guard. That would be a BEAST of a line for Jacobs to run behind.

This is assuming we're able to fill some holes via FA.

Keep Snee at guard. He's at a pro bowl caliber there. If anything, just move Seubert to center and don't spend a 1st round pick on a guy you have a decent player at.

Here's our record of drafting 'speed' in the early rounds.

Webster - Bum

Sinorice Moss - Bum, pulls a hammy scratching his balls. Was suppsoed to be useful for us in the slot and everybody on the board was slobbing on his knob before the season about his speed and shiftiness. Fucker sits out the entire season with a fucking toe-injury??

Fuck it, if we dont get Briggs, I say we should go DT / LB in the first couple rounds. RBs can always be picked in the later rounds.

People were giving Moss too much love because he was Santana's little bro. I see him as an ideal situational WR at best and I think that's what he'll be to us. A guy who can add a dimension to our offense.