SportsWrath

David Wright on Jimmy Rollins' Comments

Blue Jeans

Are you fucking kidding me? I made the first Rangers post as a joke, excuse the fuck outta me.

I'm sorry you feel the need to take EVERY post on this board to heart and get offended by ANY fycking body MAYBE saying the METS MIGHTa have some fucking competition on their hands this year.

I'm sorry that i compared the team i know the most about the the invinsible Mets, in fact, shame on me. ythe Rangers may win 30 games while the mets win 162, I'll go hang myself immediately for the injustice.

My god, talk about testy :LMAO:

BTW ITS INVINCIBLE :LMAO:

Jesus H Christ no one meant to get your pussy all in a tizzy, its just that every single baseball thread with you comes back to the Rangers and how great they are. I believe last year your pussy was all in an uproar over the fact that some bashed them for blowing a 9 run lead vs the Yanks.

Please show me where I said the Mets were invincible(quite to contrary when you consider what I have said regarding the teams makeup for post season). THis was never a conversation about the Rangers, yet as usual you make it one. DO not give me the arguement that you use the team you know the most about, that reeks of ignorance. Best advice for when you cannot bring something to the table in terms of the topic is to keep quiet.

I find it utterly amazing in a topic regarding the Ny Mets and Phillies you start comparing your team to the Mets. Why is that? What bearing does it have on anything?

Honestly, VG, I think you're a cool guy, but you're a complete and total fucking idiot when it comes to baseball. Sorry.

Come on now. Was that called for? VG is a fan and probably smarter with baseball than most, including me. He just lets his homerism get in the way. But that wasn't cool to say. <_<

Honestly, VG, I think you're a cool guy, but you're a complete and total fucking idiot when it comes to baseball. Sorry.

baseball to you, being stuff that happens in flushing, you mean.

VG happens to have good baseball knowledge. and that was uncalled for even if he didn't. did u go off your meds again?

Come on now. Was that called for? VG is a fan and probably smarter with baseball than most, including me. He just lets his homerism get in the way. But that wasn't cool to say. <_<

I guess he lets his homerism get in the way of showing any tiny shred of objectivity then. It's bad.

Which figures because you let your homerism kick in around oh say, mid October.

Spare me the bullshit, you`re a fairweather fan if I ever saw one.

Yeah that makes a whole lot sense. Hmmmm....my team is in the playoffs, yet I'm not gonna be a homer.

Hey, tell you what, look at the predictions thread and restate this post. Spare me the bullshit.

and BTW, I wasn't talking shit about VG, so I have no idea why you spout off at me. If you wanna be that way, go fuck yourself.

Yeah that makes a whole lot sense. Hmmmm....my team is in the playoffs, yet I'm not gonna be a homer.

Hey, tell you what, look at the predictions thread and restate this post. Spare me the bullshit.

and BTW, I wasn't talking shit about VG, so I have no idea why you spout off at me. If you wanna be that way, go fuck yours

Huh, I wasn`t even address you shit for brains, I was addressing Exit 117.

All I ever see is Exit complain about how this team isn`t good enough and how they`ll somehow fail in the season.

Nothing is ever good enough for him and he is the most negative fan I`ve ever seen.

so what's wrong with being a homer? He thinks he team is going to go far every year? Doesn't everyone think that, except if you are a Phillies fan who are btw only 50 some loses to become the only sports team ever to have 10,000 loses. Anyway the Veegster is the probably the most knowledgeable baseball guru on the board and one of the most passionate too. I wish I was so positive of my team all the time. I get mad a lot but I don't see him get mad, he just blows it off and looks til the next game. That I commend. :clap:

David Wright owns Hank Blaylock.

You saw it in the All Star game its was the Mets vs. The AL All Stars.

That he does, Wright is a damn fine #B.

My god, talk about testy :LMAO:

BTW ITS INVINCIBLE :LMAO:

Jesus H Christ no one meant to get your pussy all in a tizzy, its just that every single baseball thread with you comes back to the Rangers and how great they are. I believe last year your pussy was all in an uproar over the fact that some bashed them for blowing a 9 run lead vs the Yanks.

Please show me where I said the Mets were invincible(quite to contrary when you consider what I have said regarding the teams makeup for post season). THis was never a conversation about the Rangers, yet as usual you make it one. DO not give me the arguement that you use the team you know the most about, that reeks of ignorance. Best advice for when you cannot bring something to the table in terms of the topic is to keep quiet.

I find it utterly amazing in a topic regarding the Ny Mets and Phillies you start comparing your team to the Mets. Why is that? What bearing does it have on anything?

Yes this is a Mets-Phillies thread, I brought up the Rangers as comparison (and a joke BTW) when you mentioned pen and D.

As for what bearing it has, you said a team can't make it without a strong pen and good D, I' sorry i took that to mean that because the Mets have a strong pen and good D, that is what they will ride to the playoffs, so I said if thats what it takes, pencil the Rangers in too.

See, when you have a team with good starting pitching, good offense (Phillies) and you say they won't top the Mets because they have a D and pen, then i compare them to a team with a good pen and D.

Oh, and since we're correcting each others spelling, I believe the word you meant to spell was "argument"

That he does, Wright is a damn fine #B.

Yes this is a Mets-Phillies thread, I brought up the Rangers as comparison (and a joke BTW) when you mentioned pen and D.

As for what bearing it has, you said a team can't make it without a strong pen and good D, I' sorry i took that to mean that because the Mets have a strong pen and good D, that is what they will ride to the playoffs, so I said if thats what it takes, pencil the Rangers in too.

See, when you have a team with good starting pitching, good offense (Phillies) and you say they won't top the Mets because they have a D and pen, then i compare them to a team with a good pen and D.

Oh, and since we're correcting each others spelling, I believe the word you meant to spell was "argument"

And of course that team happens to be the team you root for. Nonetheless I could care less, I am not a homer and I am not a fairweather fan, nor am I unrealistic. This year, for the first time in ages I feel the Mets are the team to beat in the NL East(probably 1989 or 90 last time I felt this way). I have not predicted greatness for the Mets as so many fans hav e the past few years like you said. In fact I do not predict greatness this year either, as I have stated umpteen times that the Mets are a team built to do well and prosper over 162 games, meaning IMO that they should win enough games to quailify for post season. They did last year and used 16 different starting pitchers. What they are not built for as currently constructed is to win in the post season as IMO they lack an ace that you need to win short series. This could all change as possibly one of the young kids steps up, or more likely the team makes a deal at some point in time for a proven top pf the rotation starter(which is easier said then done). The Mets are a good team, no doubt about it and should win the NL east. Right now, IMO that is where it should/could end as they have flaws that will cost a team come October.

I refuse to get into personal attacks about peoples baseball knowledge, so if that is where this is going to go, count me out. I refuse to do so and see no need for it.

As for the Rangers, I think the reason that they will win the World Series is because as the Yanks and DBacks have shown, Showalters replacements ALWAYS win the World Series the year after he leaves. :clap:

And of course that team happens to be the team you root for. Nonetheless I could care less, I am not a homer and I am not a fairweather fan, nor am I unrealistic. This year, for the first time in ages I feel the Mets are the team to beat in the NL East(probably 1989 or 90 last time I felt this way). I have not predicted greatness for the Mets as so many fans hav e the past few years like you said. In fact I do not predict greatness this year either, as I have stated umpteen times that the Mets are a team built to do well and prosper over 162 games, meaning IMO that they should win enough games to quailify for post season. They did last year and used 16 different starting pitchers. What they are not built for as currently constructed is to win in the post season as IMO they lack an ace that you need to win short series. This could all change as possibly one of the young kids steps up, or more likely the team makes a deal at some point in time for a proven top pf the rotation starter(which is easier said then done). The Mets are a good team, no doubt about it and should win the NL east. Right now, IMO that is where it should/could end as they have flaws that will cost a team come October.
Um, OK.

I refuse to get into personal attacks about peoples baseball knowledge, so if that is where this is going to go, count me out. I refuse to do so and see no need for it.

Where the hell did that come from?

But back to your previous post.

1) Where you keep getting this idea I always bring the Rangers into every thread i don't know, i talk a great deal in the general baseball section and not always about the Rangers, how bout that? :)

2) Being that this is a message board, we all have the right to talk about pretty much whatever we want, if you don't like it, than by all means tell me where i am wrong, but never recommend that I not take part in any discussion, it reeks of elitism.

So? Reyes was more dynamic, more clutch, more consistent then Rollins. RBIs and HRs do NOT determine the leadoff hitter's ability. You know that.

Never said they do...just showing that golfkids assertation that Rollins couldn't hold a candle to Reyes then citing Reyes' HR and RBI totals from last season is pretty silly since Rollins had him beat in both categories. And I keep hearing this "more dynamic" thing, what's that about? Serious question, what exactly is that supposed to refer to?

Last season was actually atypical for Rollins. He usually hits about 15 homers and knocks in around 60 runs, which he was about on pace to do until he went on that tear after the all star break.

except if you are a Phillies fan who are btw only 50 some loses to become the only sports team ever to have 10,000 loses.

:flex: That's what happens when you're around for 125 years. It's sad when you come to expect mediocrity and late season disappointments like I have. What a pathetic franchise...but I can't help but love em.

Um, OK.

Where the hell did that come from?

What I was pointing out was that a previous poster reffered to you as a "fucking idiot" when it comes to baseball, I was pointing out I am not going down that road.

I guess what bothers me in terms of you with the Rangers is that when someone dare criticize the Rangers(as I did last year in a thread regarding them blowing a 10 run lead) you were angry that people who are not fans of the team dare question them. DOes not really matter as all at this point.

I do have two honest questions though? Do you ever criticize the Rangers or not look at everything as half full at all times(and please do not take this question the wrong way and get upset, thats not the intention)? DO you really think that the Rangers are as good of a team as the Mets(again do not get upset I am asking for an honest answer)?

What I was pointing out was that a previous poster reffered to you as a "fucking idiot" when it comes to baseball, I was pointing out I am not going down that road.

I guess what bothers me in terms of you with the Rangers is that when someone dare criticize the Rangers(as I did last year in a thread regarding them blowing a 10 run lead) you were angry that people who are not fans of the team dare question them. DOes not really matter as all at this point.

I do have two honest questions though? Do you ever criticize the Rangers or not look at everything as half full at all times(and please do not take this question the wrong way and get upset, thats not the intention)? DO you really think that the Rangers are as good of a team as the Mets(again do not get upset I am asking for an honest answer)?

Rangers over the Mets in the 2007 WS :ph34r:

A .991 FP and a dozen errors makes him horrible? Like I said, he won't be winning any gold gloves anytime soon, but he's not the bumbling stumbling retard out there you're making him out to be.

Are we even talking about the same player here? Burrell has an absolute cannon for an arm. He's a solid fielder, that's about it. But he doesn't need to be great with Rowand and Victorino out there. Again, he's not the disaster you're trying to make him look like.

Ryan Howard committed 14 errors last season which was second most in the majors for first basemen.

As for Burrell, I won't talk bad about him, because he's killed us over the years and I don't want to make him angry. :ph34r:

So? Reyes was more dynamic, more clutch, more consistent then Rollins. RBIs and HRs do NOT determine the leadoff hitter's ability. You know that.

Jose Reyes was an absolute joy to watch last year. Everytime he got on base you felt the Mets were going to score. Good thing is, he should only get better. :rock:

Never said they do...just showing that golfkids assertation that Rollins couldn't hold a candle to Reyes then citing Reyes' HR and RBI totals from last season is pretty silly since Rollins had him beat in both categories. And I keep hearing this "more dynamic" thing, what's that about? Serious question, what exactly is that supposed to refer to?

Last season was actually atypical for Rollins. He usually hits about 15 homers and knocks in around 60 runs, which he was about on pace to do until he went on that tear after the all star break

Rollins had 6 more homeruns and 2 more RBI than Reyes. Such a glaring disparity.

Reyes also had 17 triples and 64 stolen bases last season, he is the most dynamic player in the game today.

9.1 seconds from first base to third and when he hit his inside the park homerun it took him roughly 14 seconds to go around the horn.

He`s got a cannon for an arm.