SportsWrath

does anyone else have a bad feeling about this season?

Dre180

i don't what it is. i know our offense will be fine, as will the bullpen. but i just have a bad feeling. it's not that our staff is that bad, but can we really compete with the big boys? yes it has some potential young arms that *could* step up and we know what to expect from glavine and duque, but is that enough? i'm really not sure. i don't know maybe it's just all the years of suffering as a met fan, that doesn't allow me to feel confident. maybe it's that the phills have gotten a lot better...on paper that is. i'm not really worried so much with the reg season, it's the playoffs. even if the phills managed to overcome us, which is possible, (they have been extremely close to making the playoffs the past few years, and they have to get in eventually right?) i still feel we'll make it. what do you guys think? anyone else feel this way? someone boost my confidence for this upcoming season!!!!

Not at all, we are much better off right now than we were this time last year. If we can get half the production from Omar and the boys this season that we had in 2006 we should have no problem making the next step up.

one year ago coming out of spring training we had a banged up Pedro off 7 spring innings, Glavine, Trachsel, Zambrano and an unproven Brian Bannister 1-5. This year we have Glavine and EL Duque(who will miss time no doubt, but is there to be healthy when needed unlike late last year), a young Oliver Perez(at his best better than anything we trotted out there after the first) a young promising John Maine and plethora of young guys led by Humber and Pelfrey and some vets in Sosa and Sele who are what they are, 5th starters at best. Listen its not the 86 Mets, but I can make a case that its better and certainly younger on the back end this year than it was last year. Ideally Maine and Perez continue to improve and we can rest EL Duque mid season. As for the pen, th core is still there and with Sanchez,Heilman and the addition of Shoenweiss along wth Feliciano we have some guys that can get the tough outs as a bridge to Wagner. Watch Burgos, he is23 and throws gas, they fix this guy up and that pen could be deadly.

The mets have to be the faves this year in the NL east and probably the entire NL and expect Omar to do what needs to be done as the season goes on and if and when Pedro returns how might that rested arm look inserted in there mid season? Relax, this aint the old Mets of the 90's. they are big time players now making boatloads of cash. THis team will be fine.

one year ago coming out of spring training we had a banged up Pedro off 7 spring innings, Glavine, Trachsel, Zambrano and an unproven Brian Bannister 1-5. This year we have Glavine and EL Duque(who will miss time no doubt, but is there to be healthy when needed unlike late last year), a young Oliver Perez(at his best better than anything we trotted out there after the first) a young promising John Maine and plethora of young guys led by Humber and Pelfrey and some vets in Sosa and Sele who are what they are, 5th starters at best. Listen its not the 86 Mets, but I can make a case that its better and certainly younger on the back end this year than it was last year. Ideally Maine and Perez continue to improve and we can rest EL Duque mid season. As for the pen, th core is still there and with Sanchez,Heilman and the addition of Shoenweiss along wth Feliciano we have some guys that can get the tough outs as a bridge to Wagner. Watch Burgos, he is23 and throws gas, they fix this guy up and that pen could be deadly.

The mets have to be the faves this year in the NL east and probably the entire NL and expect Omar to do what needs to be done as the season goes on and if and when Pedro returns how might that rested arm look inserted in there mid season? Relax, this aint the old Mets of the 90's. they are big time players now making boatloads of cash. THis team will be fine.

Our pitching is still very iffy though :unsure: