SportsWrath

Weakest Links

LorfTVP

Weakest Links

An interesting piece by John Donovan in which he chronicles every single teams weakest link. In terms of overall team strength, there are a few monsters in the AL but really nobody that strong in the NL. In fact, the NL West may be the strongest division based solely on its pitching. So if there are any baseball arguments about team vs. team you can use this.

I don't really agree with him on the Rangers, he says the outfield is our weak link.

LF - Wilkerson / Catalanotto

CF - Lofton / Marlon Byrd

RF - Cruz

I agree that alot depends on Cruz developing this year, but even if he fails we could theoretically place Catalanotto or maybe even Jason Botts there.

lthough it is interesting that there's a weak link article that doesn't mention our rotation. :clap:

I don't really agree with him on the Rangers, he says the outfield is our weak link.

LF - Wilkerson / Catalanotto

CF - Lofton / Marlon Byrd

RF - Cruz

I agree that alot depends on Cruz developing this year, but even if he fails we could theoretically place Catalanotto or maybe even Jason Botts there.

lthough it is interesting that there's a weak link article that doesn't mention our rotation. :clap:

who is Cruz? Not Jose Cruz JR. Who did you guys pickup in the postseason for your starting roster?

who is Cruz? Not Jose Cruz JR. Who did you guys pickup in the postseason for your starting roster?

No, Nelson Cruz, got him in the Carlos Lee trade. Supposed to be a future 5 tool player and has been tearing it up in the winter leagues, but he struggled last year.

Just Brandon McCarthy from the White Sox, he'll be the 3rd slot, then Robinson Tejada (minor leaguer who saw alot of time last year) and an assortment of guys for the last spot. Most likely Koronka to start out.

he's wrong about our 3b. that guy can rake

Wow, he has stepped it up the last couple of years but that's also in a number of different stops. What power he has won't be strong enough to defeat Petco, he's no Ryan Howard. But you can't deny that Sledge and Giles aren't power threats and that a little bit of power can really help your team.

i dont disagree about those two guys. last time they broke the bank to get a big time power hitter it was for giles brother and all it cost them was oliver perez and jason bay for 25 less hr's per year, so they never go after them anymore i guess

i dont disagree about those two guys. last time they broke the bank to get a big time power hitter it was for giles brother and all it cost them was oliver perez and jason bay for 25 less hr's per year, so they never go after them anymore i guess

And the only power hitters on the market next year are Andruw Jones and Adam Dunn.