SportsWrath

Turning point of the season.

RaginCaucasian

Same game, but a different play.

The choice to go for the 51-yarder totally screwed us up. If we punted the ball, (mind you we have the greatest punter in history on our team), who knows what would've happened. Grossman was still playing like shit and aside from the 3rd and 22 our defense looked ok, but Hester's return blew the game away, and pretty much our season went down after that.

Same game, but a different play.

The choice to go for the 51-yarder totally screwed us up. If we punted the ball, (mind you we have the greatest punter in history on our team), who knows what would've happened. Grossman was still playing like shit and aside from the 3rd and 22 our defense looked ok, but Hester's return blew the game away, and pretty much our season went down after that.

That's the play. 51 yarder in the rain.. heavy ball and all.. and he didn't have hte brains to tell his players to be aware of a return.. just in case.

That's the play. 51 yarder in the rain.. heavy ball and all.. and he didn't have hte brains to tell his players to be aware of a return.. just in case.

I'm pretty sure that punting would have definatley been the smarter move, even with Vinatieri that was going to be a miracle shot and they still would have been behind at the point.

I've gotta agree that it's 3rd and 22.

We fall for that shit every time. There were three "third and more-than-tens" vs. the Panthers in the playoffs last year and they ran three draws, ALL of which converted.

For number two, I've gotta say Kiwanuka's whiff (that might be up there with Pisarcik's fumble), and Torbor's whiff the following week on Gerrard gets my number three.

I've gotta agree that it's 3rd and 22.

We fall for that shit every time. There were three "third and more-than-tens" vs. the Panthers in the playoffs last year and they ran three draws, ALL of which converted.

For number two, I've gotta say Kiwanuka's whiff (that might be up there with Pisarcik's fumble), and Torbor's whiff the following week on Gerrard gets my number three.

I still remember yelling from the stands to watch the draw when I saw Pierce shift to the right. It's unbelievable how unaware we were out there. We deserved to let that big run happen.

Good call blue jeans, I remember the next play or 2 plays later Warner fumbled and they got the ball back. That may have been the turning point for our franchise. And his last start was a week later against Arizona. Where we were up 14-0 AGAIN.

I still remember yelling from the stands to watch the draw when I saw Pierce shift to the right. It's unbelievable how unaware we were out there. We deserved to let that big run happen.

Good call blue jeans, I remember the next play or 2 plays later Warner fumbled and they got the ball back. That may have been the turning point for our franchise. And his last start was a week later against Arizona. Where we were up 14-0 AGAIN.

Wasn't Pierce out that game?? We were holding out and keeping him off IR but I don't think he ever played...part of the reason we sucked...

I was hoping someone would say that. :TU:

But I think what went wrong was sometime last March/April when we decided to enter the season with Huffnagel and Lewis as our Co-Ords

Really, if you think about it. Huffnumnuts lead us to 4th ranked offense in the league. But tim Lewis should of got canned a LOOOOONG time ago.

The moment we lost Luke Pettigout. The offense was never the same after that....

:clap:

When a QB loses faith in his blind side protection its all over....I don't care who the QB is...You could see that Eli became less confident in the protection and started to rush his passes. If you remember the Bears game we were doing good on O then Luke when down early and Eli when to shit

Personally I have to go with 3'rd and 22..... how do you let someone gain 26 yards on a freaking draw up the middle when Grossman couldn't find his ass (at that point) with two hands and a map. :furious::furious: :explode: :puke:

"Both hands and a hunting dog" is another way of putting it. And yeah I think this was the time when they saw the iceberg ahead.

Guys and or gals...c'mon. :rolleyes:

I still dont understand why people are avoiding the obvious.

INJURIES!!!! Not 1 or 2, A BUNCH!!! 11 starters at one time, right B4 the Bears game. So, my answer, is right B4 the Bears game, because B4 that, we were top 5, easily.