SportsWrath

Some Respect for Frank Catalanotto

LorfTVP

Texas was his hot spot

Catalanotto said he almost joined the Red Sox. "I got a couple of calls from Theo [ Epstein]over the winter and he said he really wanted me on the team, but he didn't know where I fit," said Catalanotto. "He asked me to give him a little time to sort it out, but I had two offers pending and I felt I had to make a decision, so I took Texas. I had played there before and knew what to expect. It gave me the best chance for a lot of playing time and at-bats in left field and at DH. I've always loved Boston and wanted to play there if I couldn't stay in Toronto. But it was just a timing thing." Catalanotto said the biggest thing about playing for the Rangers is, as you would guess, the heat. "You have to know how to manage it," he said. "You really have to curtail the amount of time you spend outside on those hot afternoons for batting practice. You have to do a lot of your hitting in the indoor cages. Otherwise it will sap you."

Just a solid player and a good guy to have on your team. But then again, he might be getting too much credit off of the good guy vibe...I mean, he hits for a good average and gets on base for a good clip but c'mon. Anyway, would've liked to see him in a Sox uni but VG wins this time.

Career .320 BA against the Red Sox with a .377 OBP and .513 SLG. 9 HR and 46 RBI in 353 ABs or 93 games. He sort of reminds me of Kapler...they were on Texas at the same time, right?

Yeah. Geez, never really realized he's been around for that long. I barely remember his time with Texas. Anyway, not monster numbers against the Sox, but pretty good. All I know is every time I turn around, he's 3 for 5 against them with 3 RBI and a couple of runs scored. I'd be interested to know what the numbers vs. the Sox are with Toronto only.

Yeah. Geez, never really realized he's been around for that long. I barely remember his time with Texas. Anyway, not monster numbers against the Sox, but pretty good. All I know is every time I turn around, he's 3 for 5 against them with 3 RBI and a couple of runs scored. I'd be interested to know what the numbers vs. the Sox are with Toronto only.

.397, 3 HR, 12 RBI, 15 R in 18 games. 73 AB 29 H 7 BB

.286, 0 HR, 7 RBI, 4 R in 13 games. 56 AB 16 H 1 BB

.327, 2 HR, 12 RBI, 7 R in 14 games. 49 AB 16 H 4 BB

.300, 1 HR, 4 RBI, 10 R in 16 games. 60 AB 18 H 9 BB

Overall time in a Blue Jays uniform vs. the Red Sox

.332, 6 HR, 35 RBI, 36 R, with a .426 OBP in 61 games. So yah, he was just always on base. Little fucker...wish we had him.

Career .320 BA against the Red Sox with a .377 OBP and .513 SLG. 9 HR and 46 RBI in 353 ABs or 93 games. He sort of reminds me of Kapler...they were on Texas at the same time, right?

Yeah, Gabe was there with Cat. I hated seeing some of the guys we had go. kapler, Cat, Mike lamb etc.

But anyway, i think he'll fit in nicely with what we have now.