SportsWrath

Jerry Reese needs a minivan

Lughead

I disagree with him about one thing. I dont think the WR's are as sured up like he thinks. I disagree that Tim Carter isn't as bad as everyone thinks. The guy was given many chances, he HAS NO HANDS. HE DOES STINK! He doesn't create any seperation unless he's the 4th WR and nobody pays attention to him. I know he's cheap and we can keep him and thats fine.

However, we need to get a guy who can go over the middle on slant patterns. We NEED a hands guy. Toomer is that guy but he's getting old. I would love if we could draft Dwayne Jarrett from USC. He's not afraid to go over the middle and he has GREAT hands. We have too many deep threats on our team. Also, Plax is not a Number 1 receiver. His attitude stinks. We need somebody else here that Eli can groom and will be in mini camp with him.

Jeff Feagles wants to play another season????

My prediction for his replacement----> (Homer Pick Alert) Joe Radigan from Rutgers

As far as the rest of this goes, why does this look like a team in need of rebuilding rather than reloading? So many needs all over the board and we were supposed to contend for the Super Bowl this year?

Just my opinion, take the best player available regardless of position in the first round and fill up your O & D line from there (not DE as I just somehow doubt lightning can strike twice at the same position), OLB is a big need as Emmons clearly doesn't have what it takes anymore, Short just isn't talented enough & who knows what kind of condition Arrington will return in.

CB should be addressed through FA, this team has proven that it can't draft a shut-down corner to save it's ass...... what is to make us believe that they can now?

RB, please God we pray that Brian Leonard falls to us in either the late 2'nd or early 3'rd round, most likely he could probably play 3 positions on offense, RB/FB and TE..... God knows his hands are better than Shiancoe & his mouth wont be nearly as yappy.

Just my two cents;

Rd. 1 - BPA

Rd. 2 - DT/OT (and no fucking "projects" anymore please)

Rd. 3 - OLB or RB (deliver us Brian Leonard)

Rd. 4 - OLB

Rd. 5 - DT

Rd. 6 - WR

Rd. 7 - P (Joe Radigan)

Thanks for allowing me to vent, it's been a rough day,

-R.C.

I disagree with him about one thing. I dont think the WR's are as sured up like he thinks. I disagree that Tim Carter isn't as bad as everyone thinks. The guy was given many chances, he HAS NO HANDS. HE DOES STINK! He doesn't create any seperation unless he's the 4th WR and nobody pays attention to him. I know he's cheap and we can keep him and thats fine.

However, we need to get a guy who can go over the middle on slant patterns. We NEED a hands guy. Toomer is that guy but he's getting old. I would love if we could draft Dwayne Jarrett from USC. He's not afraid to go over the middle and he has GREAT hands. We have too many deep threats on our team. Also, Plax is not a Number 1 receiver. His attitude stinks. We need somebody else here that Eli can groom and will be in mini camp with him.

He didn't say it was shored up, he said with Toomer returning and Moss staying healthy we'd be able to play. Meaning Carter would be #4.

And he did say that adding another burner is a possibility.

He didn't say it was shored up, he said with Toomer returning and Moss staying healthy we'd be able to play. Meaning Carter would be #4.

And he did say that adding another burner is a possibility.

yeah well to me (I know this sounds crazy) I think a stud WR is very close to the top of our needs. If we want to see Eli progress he needs more than what we have. Plax cant go over the middle, he creates bad habits for Eli. He likes the ball up above his head so he can catch it with his hands, which makes Eli want to throw the ball like that to all his receivers.

We need something else.

Tim Carter isn't as bad as everyone thinks

:LMAO::LMAO:

The guy sucks, and he's gone this year. He signed a 1 year deal last year right? His deal is up, and we'd be stupid to bring him back. Coughlin wants no part of him, it was said on WFAN that TC wanted Carter and Walker cut in training camp but EA refused to budge and didn't cut them.

Our WRs are a big concern IMO. Without Toomer or Plax for a game or several games, Eli would struggle. We need another reliable target. I'm not feeling that optimistic about Moss.

:LMAO::LMAO:

The guy sucks, and he's gone this year. He signed a 1 year deal last year right? His deal is up, and we'd be stupid to bring him back. Coughlin wants no part of him, it was said on WFAN that TC wanted Carter and Walker cut in training camp but EA refused to budge and didn't cut them.

Our WRs are a big concern IMO. Without Toomer or Plax for a game or several games, Eli would struggle. We need another reliable target. I'm not feeling that optimistic about Moss.

exactly. This is why i dont understand why this guy wrote, "the need here is not as great as at other positions." I think it's a clear top priority.

yeah well to me (I know this sounds crazy) I think a stud WR is very close to the top of our needs. If we want to see Eli progress he needs more than what we have. Plax cant go over the middle, he creates bad habits for Eli. He likes the ball up above his head so he can catch it with his hands, which makes Eli want to throw the ball like that to all his receivers.

We need something else.

I'd say it's a need, but near the top of the list?

This is basicaly the same group of receivers who were 11th in passing last year. Just goes to show how important Amani is to the passing game. Now if we pick up a LB and CB in fa, then I'm all for grabbing some offensive talent in the early rounds of the draft.

Jeff Feagles wants to play another season????

My prediction for his replacement----> (Homer Pick Alert) Joe Radigan from Rutgers

As far as the rest of this goes, why does this look like a team in need of rebuilding rather than reloading? So many needs all over the board and we were supposed to contend for the Super Bowl this year?

Just my opinion, take the best player available regardless of position in the first round and fill up your O & D line from there (not DE as I just somehow doubt lightning can strike twice at the same position), OLB is a big need as Emmons clearly doesn't have what it takes anymore, Short just isn't talented enough & who knows what kind of condition Arrington will return in.

CB should be addressed through FA, this team has proven that it can't draft a shut-down corner to save it's ass...... what is to make us believe that they can now?

RB, please God we pray that Brian Leonard falls to us in either the late 2'nd or early 3'rd round, most likely he could probably play 3 positions on offense, RB/FB and TE..... God knows his hands are better than Shiancoe & his mouth wont be nearly as yappy.

Just my two cents;

Rd. 1 - BPA

Rd. 2 - DT/OT (and no fucking "projects" anymore please)

Rd. 3 - OLB or RB (deliver us Brian Leonard)

Rd. 4 - OLB

Rd. 5 - DT

Rd. 6 - WR

Rd. 7 - P (Joe Radigan)

Thanks for allowing me to vent, it's been a rough day,

-R.C.

dude we need a new CB in there somewhere in that mix, maybe even a Safety.. dude, WR's have way more success against us than RB's

Jerry Reese says the cupboard he inherited is by no means bare.

"Ernie [Accorsi] has left us with a strong core of players," Reese said at Tuesday's news conference introducing him as Giants general manager. "Even with all the injuries and the bad situations that happened to us this season, our team is good enough to still be playing right now."

Reese concedes there are some "hot spots" he must address if the Giants are to be playing at this time next season. Here is a preliminary look at the Giants by position, with the real "hot spots" in capital letters.

Quarterback: Maybe the time has come to put a little heat on Eli Manning. Securing a veteran intent on competing for the starting job could light a little fire under the struggling Manning. Problem is there won't be too many of those veterans available. Kerry Collins probably wants no part of returning, and it's doubtful the Eagles will let Jeff Garcia hit the market. Ditto the Chiefs with Damon Huard.

RUNNING BACK: Brandon Jacobs says he's ready to become the every-down back, but there will be a need for a companion runner. Dominic Rhodes of the Colts, Chris Brown of the Titans and Ahman Green of the Packers may be the best of the free agents, and Cal's Marshawn Lynch and Auburn's Kenny Irons might be around if the Giants think replacing Tiki Barber is worth their first-round draft pick.

Wide receiver: Amani Toomer says he should be ready for another year and Sinorice Moss should be a different player if he stays injury-free in his second season. Tim Carter isn't as bad as everyone thinks, and with Plaxico Burress as the No. 1 guy, the need here is not as great as at other positions -- although there's always room for another burner.

Tight end: Visanthe Shiancoe is a free agent, so there may be a need for a backup for Jeremy Shockey. He may already be on the roster, however, in Darcy Johnson, who spent most of the year on the practice squad.

Offensive line: Rich Seubert's ability to play center is a safeguard against losing Shaun O'Hara to free agency. Bob Whitfield won't be back, but Guy Whimper should be ready to back up the tackles. Though the Giants kept a bunch of young guards and centers around, adding a versatile Grey Ruegamer-type veteran might be a lower priority.

Defensive end: Michael Strahan's recent headlines mean he will have to play a few more years. And as long as Justin Tuck can stay healthy, this should not be an area of concern.

DEFENSIVE TACKLE: Rookie Barry Cofield did yeoman work as the nose tackle, but finally crumbled late in the year. He is better suited to play the off-tackle, where Fred Robbins excelled in 2006. A need remains for a big guy in the middle.

LINEBACKER: This is the No. 1 area of concern. Carlos Emmons can't do it anymore and LaVar Arrington's return remains iffy. Brandon Short will become a free agent and Gerris Wilkinson didn't knock too many socks off as a rookie. That leaves Antonio Pierce surrounded by a group of question marks.

The Bears' Lance Briggs and Ravens' Adalius Thomas will be high-priced free agents. New England's up-and-coming Tully Banta-Cain would be more affordable. Patrick Willis, a hard-nosed middle linebacker, is a top draft prospect. His addition could allow Pierce to shift to the weak side, where his speed would be advantageous.

CORNERBACK: Asante Samuel will become a very rich individual in the off-season, particularly if the Patriots allow him to hit the open market. Can the Giants get into a bidding war for him? With Corey Webster a big question mark, it's uncertain whether they can take another chance with a rookie such as Michigan's Leon Hall or Pitt's Darrelle Revis.

Safety: As bad as he was most of the season, Will Demps played his best ball in the last three games -- despite the one big whiff against Brian Westbrook in the playoffs. Gibril Wilson probably isn't going anywhere as a restricted free agent, and there are backups in James Butler and Jason Bell.

Kickers: Jay Feely might not be back, and replacing him with another dependable kicker would be a must. Jeff Feagles wants to play another year.

And the Giants should be on the lookout for a return man.

E-mail: ditrani@northjersey.com

dude we need a new CB in there somewhere in that mix, maybe even a Safety.. dude, WR's have way more success against us than RB's

Look back further in my post than just my draft forecasts, I stated that the CB position should be addressed through free agency. After drafting The Wills, Webster and lesser talented CB's I'm convinced that the scouting department has no eye for talent when it comes to the CB position.

Especially with guys like Asante Samuel & Nate Clements available, there are better options for this team through free agency then hoping the Giants could find a shut down corner to come in & set the world on fire in their first year.

As far as the saftey spot goes I think that between the 4 we have this year we do have a pretty good mix, Demps should be better next year as he seemed to be coming on toward the end of the season as did Wilson. Butler was servicable as a reserve but I wouldn't expect him to step in as a full time starter. CB & OLB on defense are a bigger need & at least the CB spot should be addressed outside the draft.

Look back further in my post than just my draft forecasts, I stated that the CB position should be addressed through free agency. After drafting The Wills, Webster and lesser talented CB's I'm convinced that the scouting department has no eye for talent when it comes to the CB position.

Especially with guys like Asante Samuel & Nate Clements available, there are better options for this team through free agency then hoping the Giants could find a shut down corner to come in & set the world on fire in their first year.

Agree with your CB comments...DB's should be addressed via free agency. This is reminiscent of their inability to draft a star receiver in the 80's and 90's....maybe even today (Carter). :ph34r:

Yeah, just like Jamarr Taylor :furious: .

Every era the Giants pick a position or two where they are collectively clue less on how to determine talent and potential. Right now it is DB's, specifically CB's. Hopefully a new scheme will help these Toast clones...but will only get better with proven free agents not wasted talentless draft picks. :brooding:

Every era the Giants pick a position or two where they are collectively clue less on how to determine talent and potential. Right now it is DB's, specifically CB's. Hopefully a new scheme will help these Toast clones...but will only get better with proven free agents not wasted talentless draft picks. :brooding:

patterson.jpg man I remember that guy :brooding:

Just my opinion on this is look at how the Ravens built that defense of theirs, picking the best player available in the 1'st round and having their scouting staff heavily scout talented players for later rounds. IMHO, the defense is the bigger problem, however with Barber gone I think that we might be walking on thin ice especially if Jacobs can't get it done the only backup at this point is..... Derrick Ward.

Just my opinion on this is look at how the Ravens built that defense of theirs, picking the best player available in the 1'st round and having their scouting staff heavily scout talented players for later rounds. IMHO, the defense is the bigger problem, however with Barber gone I think that we might be walking on thin ice especially if Jacobs can't get it done the only backup at this point is..... Derrick Ward.

I thought Simms looked good in pre-season but did not get the ball long enough to show much he will be getting a longer look this year.

Dwayne Bowe, LSU.

patterson.jpg man I remember that guy :brooding:

Yeah and he was covered, helped and more or less hidden in most of The Prodigal's (BB) schemes. He would have the FS cheating over to his side on most snaps. Shows how a good coach can make a silk purse out of sow's ear...or at least hide the ear. Plus at least Toast could tackle...a lost art these days.

Yeah we have a lot of big decisions to make with not a lot of safety net below us if we fall... :ph34r: