SportsWrath

i'm starting to become convinced

Herc

you must be confusing me with someone else. a) i would gladly take fox bellicek (even though i dont like him) and weiss--but that's because of their track record as head coaches, not because they used to coach here. and those were george young/jim fassel/bill parcells hires, not mara/tische hires like coughlin. b) i never wanted payton--i thought he would be a very shitty coach. i was wrong, obviously. c) im glad reese is the gm because of his track record in the draft and the fact that george young had confidence in him as a scout. that tells me he can recognize talent. it has nothing to do with him being an inside man with the mara/tische clique--if anything that would normally discourage me as i think they're a bunch of baffoons

Ditto....the young Mara/Tisch' seem to know fuck-all about how to build and maintain a successful sports franchise. I also though Payton was a fuck up...but you don't take a loser team like the Saints and turn them around from nothing and not have something going for you football wise.