SportsWrath

Giants Reported To Be In Serious Discussions With Sam Madison

gateb

And give up a 3rd round pick for him? No thanks.

See, I'm not sure what quality CBs would be available in the 3rd round (or players for that matter) would equal his ability. At least we'd be getting a solid/proven CB in the process who is also young. I'm not saying this is what we will do it's just some food for thought.

yeah no doubt and I am sure that was the thinking with some recent signings like Alexander and now apparently Chris Hovan and the apparent signing of Ben Leber by the Vikes(something that saddens me)

I wonder if there is some odd chance that if the CBA is done and we get that extra money we make a play at Arrington? Probably not, but I still remember this guy at Penn State and he was such a good player.

My guess is the teams that are grosssly over the cap will be able to at least make some signings and the teams that are under will act the same as they would have under the 94.5 mil number.

Arrington will not come to the NYG even with the new CBA

See, I'm not sure what quality CBs would be available in the 3rd round (or players for that matter) would equal his ability. At least we'd be getting a solid/proven CB in the process who is also young. I'm not saying this is what we will do it's just some food for thought.

He lost his job (Ken Lucas and Chris Gamble) and he's undersized. He's definitely not proven

Manning Jr. is not worth a 3rd rounder

I'm sure the Giants can find a player in the 3rd round who has better long-term value than a 5'8 nickel back. There are lesser known CBs who won't require compensation that I'd prefer to Manning Jr...

Arrington will not come to the NYG even with the new CBA

He said he wants to play in the NFC East (but not for the Cowboys).

That being said, I'm not a big fan of his. He is not a smart football player, and that compromises his excellent athleticism. And after his most recent injury, he isn't an elite athlete these days. I'd only take him if the price is right and AP is positive he can keep him in line...

He is not "proven"...he had a great playoff game two years ago and all of a sudden everyone was all over him. He is a decent corner....but certainly not good enough that I would give up our third round pick to get him...Im sure that we can find someone with better value than Manning Jr. in the third round...

He said he wants to play in the NFC East (but not for the Cowboys).

That being said, I'm not a big fan of his. He is not a smart football player, and that compromises his excellent athleticism. And after his most recent injury, he isn't an elite athlete these days. I'd only take him if the price is right and AP is positive he can keep him in line...

I think he just said that for attention, what if the Eagles and G-Men are not interested, will he sit around waiting for the call? We don't have the money, the Beagles do and he would be an upgrade over Dhani Jones. The former 3rd overall pick will want to cash in and he will get fairly big bucks seeing as how he's the best LB on the market.

He is not "proven"...he had a great playoff game two years ago and all of a sudden everyone was all over him. He is a decent corner....but certainly not good enough that I would give up our third round pick to get him...Im sure that we can find someone with better value than Manning Jr. in the third round...

I would expect us to pick up a corner before that though that's why I wanted to know what other positions or players could be of equal quality of Manning Jr.

I would expect us to pick up a corner before that though that's why I wanted to know what other positions or players could be of equal quality of Manning Jr.

We're not looking for the equal quality of Manning Jr. We're looking for the equal quality of Deion Sanders...

You are seriously over rating Manning Jr.

As in Anwar Phillips or Devin Hester though they may be 2nd round grabs.

I was referring to UFAs.

There will be players at several different positions available in the 3rd who I'd take ahead of La'Roi...

Are you saying Ricky Manning is better than Adam Jones?

No lol It was a joke. Calm down.

We're not looking for the equal quality of Manning Jr. We're looking for the equal quality of Deion Sanders...

This is why I'm saying if we want a "superstar" we will take a CB in the 1st 2 rounds. I am in NO way saying that we should take Manning in FA especially with the possibility of going after a LB or S in FA. What I AM saying is what 3rd round pick could immediately help our team even if its not as a superstar player like Manning COULD. It's just food for thought. Don't take it so literal...

No lol It was a joke. Calm down.

This is why I'm saying if we want a "superstar" we will take a CB in the 1st 2 rounds. I am in NO way saying that we should take Manning in FA especially with the possibility of going after a LB or S in FA. What I AM saying is what 3rd round pick could immediately help our team even if its not as a superstar player like Manning COULD. It's just food for thought. Don't take it so literal...

We're not looking for an immediate impact player. It'd be nice but we won the NFC East last year, we have quality players. A 3rd rounder, who is younger, cheaper and must have some talent could very well be a better option than Ricky Manning Jr.

Actually, we should be looking for an immediate impact player, one that can groom a potential first or second round pick while playing solid ball at a reasonable price. To me, Sam Madison fits that mold pretty well.

We're not looking for an immediate impact player. It'd be nice but we won the NFC East last year, we have quality players. A 3rd rounder, who is younger, cheaper and must have some talent could very well be a better option than Ricky Manning Jr.

Ok, that's all I needed to hear but if we want a superstar CB we'd want to draft someone like Antonio Cromartie instead of waiting until the 3rd round to draft a CB.

Ok, that's all I needed to hear but if we want a superstar CB we'd want to draft someone like Antonio Cromartie instead of waiting until the 3rd round to draft a CB.

Best case scenario is we get Madison, draft a guy like Cromartie, and fill our other issues by FA and the rest of the draft.

Best case scenario is we get Madison, draft a guy like Cromartie, and fill our other issues by FA and the rest of the draft.

Madison is an interesting FA. The fact that he is over 30 yet has been durable throughout his career is very appealing especially if he were to be a mentor to Webster and a rookie. The thing that gets me is I saw that he was getting around 4 million and that would be way too much to pay him if he was looking for an equivilant salary.

Edited by CharlesShowMeTheWay

I agree but you're saying we should basically trade a 3rd rounder for Ricky Manning. Cromartie is my #1 choice

Madison is an interesting FA. The fact that he is over 30 yet has been durable throughout his career is very appealing especially if he were to be a mentor to Webster and a rookie. The thing that gets me is I saw that he was getting around 4 million and that would be way too much to pay him if he was looking for an equivilant salary.

I think Arrington had the same problem.

I completely agree. A couple weeks ago, I read some Panther forum where they were all bashing Manning saying that he got burned all the time and was horrible in coverage. They all couldnt wait to get rid of him. And this was when he was their nickel back. I don't want him at all.

Not should, I'm saying who would be available in the 3rd that would make an impact on this team. This is nothing more than in inquiry.

Greg Jennings, Hank Baskett, Rocky Micontosh, Terna Nande, Babatunde Oshinowo, John McCargo, Jesse Mahalona, Jonathan Joseph, Dwayne Slay........

shall i keep going?