SportsWrath

Well its officially official

Lughead

:LMAO:

They officially announce this the day after the Pats win. Way to make it look like you were waiting to see if you could talk to Pioli again, guys! That should bring him in with a burst of confidence. Why not announce him as "the stop-gap until we hire Belicheck?"

Or did you pick today because it's MLK's birthday and Reese is, um, you know....B-L-A-C-K...Pat yourselves on the back guys, you're practically pioneers--You don't look elitist and clueless at all.

Idiots.

(actually, I think this is a good decision, but it's bullshit the way the owners did this. I think he's done a pretty good job scouting for the draft.)

They officially announce this the day after the Pats win. Way to make it look like you were waiting to see if you could talk to Pioli again, guys! That should bring him in with a burst of confidence.

Idiots.

:brooding:

They officially announce this the day after the Pats win. Way to make it look like you were waiting to see if you could talk to Pioli again, guys! That should bring him in with a burst of confidence.

Idiots.

I was thinking the same thing. I also think though he was gonna be it no matter what.

I just get this funny feeling that in 3 years, none of these people will be around except Mara. Thus leaving the team with 5-6 years of misery again. :brooding:

Le me preface what I am about to say by stating that I do not want to offend anyone and do not mean this in any negative way. Jerry Reese as our new GM adds a dimension that I think in todays game, with todays player could be very crucial and quite helpful. Him being African American and in a position of great power will go a long way with players who want to come here. I think this goes a long way to stress the importance of hiring black head coaches and executives and truly enforces that the best man for the job should get it, but I also think that this will go a long way with many of the black players and how they view the Giants and this organization on a whole. Good hire and a guy that the Giants have DENIED requests to numerous times.

Idiots.

Going back to Rozelle and Tagliabue and now Goodell the league has always urged their owners to not do things that will take away from the games during the playoffs, hirings and firings for example and not announce things and changes particualrly on weekends of other teams games. I think thats what this was a case of and IMO the Giants simply had to get what the power structure was set in terms of he and Chris Mara and his role.

Le me preface what I am about to say by stating that I do not want to offend anyone and do not mean this in any negative way. Jerry Reese as our new GM adds a dimension that I think in todays game, with todays player could be very crucial and quite helpful. Him being African American and in a position of great power will go a long way with players who want to come here. I think this goes a long way to stress the importance of hiring black head coaches and executives and truly enforces that the best man for the job should get it, but I also think that this will go a long way with many of the black players and how they view the Giants and this organization on a whole. Good hire and a guy that the Giants have DENIED requests to numerous times.

Spare me that--he is qualified, has time in the company, and deserved the shot. It sucks that this should even be played up.

I think Method Man should be our defensive coordinator. Snoop can be our conditioning coach, get em all loose before the game.

...oh yeah, TC wearing a doo rag during games would also be choice.

Spare me that--he is qualified, has time in the company, and deserved the shot. It sucks that this should even be played up.

I don't think he was suggesting that they hired him because he's black, but he does make a point that his being the GM may put the Giants in an advantageous position. Of course, we all know what color players really follow.

$$$$$$$$

I don't think he was suggesting that they hired him because he's black, but he does make a point that his being the GM may put the Giants in an advantageous position. Of course, we all know what color players really follow.

$$$$$$$$

That was not my idea, the Giants do not operate that way and never have, its just that being African American and in a position of power I would believe could go a long way with players. It goes beyond the idea of rappers being coaches as one suggested. Of course the money is what matters most.

Seems no one wanted Reese, so who then. Pioli said no, the combine is 5 weeks away, then who? Charlie Casserly? terry Bradway? COuld not hire Chris Mara because you cannot fire a family member. Who was the alternative?

I have no problem with Reese what-so-ever. I have a problem with how Mara and Tisch handled this.

The Omar Minaya Effect.

That was not my idea, the Giants do not operate that way and never have, its just that being African American and in a position of power I would believe could go a long way with players. It goes beyond the idea of rappers being coaches as one suggested. Of course the money is what matters most.

I understand what you meant. It is similar to how Omar Minaya being the Mets' GM serves as an advantage when it comes to signing Dominican players. It's an advantage, like it or not. It doesn't mean the teams are hiring these guys based on that aspect. Omar has done a great job so far, and clearly was the right man for the job. Let's hope Reese has the same impact.

I have no problem with Reese what-so-ever. I have a problem with how Mara and Tisch handled this.

I think they had to get what the power structure was out of the way in terms of Chris Mara and his role and I also believe there was a split. Many have speculated that the Tischs' maybe wanted to go outside the box(hence the Casserly interview). I like Reese and I believe he has run the draft the past few years and maybe its no coincidence they have drafted better of late because of this. I like the idea of stability and I think that this stresses to this mismosh of egomaniacal players that this power structure is here to stay so maybe its time to change how they act.

But it would be dope if Meth ran the D. Ya feel me..? :afro:

i'll give reese a chance, but it just kind of adds to the whole mara/tisch circle of trust and them never wanting to go outside of it. if reese had a hand in our last few drafts then i'll definitely give him a fair shot

I think they had to get what the power structure was out of the way in terms of Chris Mara and his role and I also believe there was a split. Many have speculated that the Tischs' maybe wanted to go outside the box(hence the Casserly interview). I like Reese and I believe he has run the draft the past few years and maybe its no coincidence they have drafted better of late because of this. I like the idea of stability and I think that this stresses to this mismosh of egomaniacal players that this power structure is here to stay so maybe its time to change how they act.

I would have picked any day before or after today to hire him.

Tommorrow, and you are not hiring him a day after the Patriots win. You've prevented there seeming to be a cause/effect. You are also not hiring a black man on MLK day, making the hiring of a very qualified human being into some sort of "gesture," and thereby cheapening what would normally be a pretty good football move.

I don't know if I'm wording this right, and I apologize if this is coming off in a way I don't mean it to. I just think Reese has done pretty well for the Giants, and I don't think the owners did Reese any favors today.