SportsWrath

Awnser me this........

*SDMF*

I like having a guy like Shockey, and have always loved his play. But the whole shit with te throwing the hands up in the air has gotta stop. plax has gotta go. Maybe it will force Eli to have to work on acuracy.

Problem is that the Giants core on Offense is rotten. Eli is a sour puss spoiled kind of guy, Shockey is VERY emotional and Plax is a big time Bitcher. I'm not saying they are Bad teamates but....that formula u see every Sunday will not win you games. Ask yourself why does the Patriots win ALL the time with thier Offensive core? You mean to tell me Troy Brown, Caldwell and that #10 guy (who caught 10 passes all year and caught 11 passes vs. the Chargers) is better than Toomer, Burress, Shockey?

And why should Eli work on accuracy? He has a 6'5 WR that will catch most of his high throws. Eli is a good guy I suppose but he is spoiled rotten.

Careful...careful...Jerry Rice won a SB, so its OK.

Yea it is OK....Jerry Rice = Winner. Shockey, Burress, Toomer = Giants who haven't won nada! I like the Giants a bunch but sometimes these Giants just need to shut the fuck up. Esp when we supposedly have a coach that's a 'Disciplinarian'. This bunch of Giants are the loosest cannons I've ever seen! I'm telling you the core is rotten. Started in the 23-22 loss to Minnesota and hasn't went away.

Yea it is OK....Jerry Rice = Winner. Shockey, Burress, Toomer = Giants who haven't won nada! I like the Giants a bunch but sometimes these Giants just need to shut the fuck up. Esp when we supposedly have a coach that's a 'Disciplinarian'. This bunch of Giants are the loosest cannons I've ever seen! I'm telling you the core is rotten. Started in the 23-22 loss to Minnesota and hasn't went away.

The Giants as a whole, and that includes Coughlin needs to talk less and perform more, I agree with you on that. But arm flailing is no big deal and showing up Eli shouldn't be a concern, Eli's inaccuracy should be a concern.

The Giants as a whole, and that includes Coughlin needs to talk less and perform more, I agree with you on that. But arm flailing is no big deal and showing up Eli shouldn't be a concern, Eli's inaccuracy should be a concern.

Do you ever think Eli will improve on this? Or has he plateaud? Is Eli built for NY a la Phil Simms? Or is he a psychological mess?

(Because if arm flailing hurts his stats, maybe Eli needs help mentally too) IDK? :unsure:

Do you ever think Eli will improve on this? Or has he plateaud? Is Eli built for NY a la Phil Simms? Or is he a psychological mess?

(Because if arm flailing hurts his stats, maybe Eli needs help mentally too) IDK? :unsure:

No, I think he'll get better, but you know Simms had his problems also, and it only improved when the Giants simplified the offense.If the Giants can establish the run, it takes the pressure off Eli and hopefully his accuracy improves. I don't think the Giants should be throwing more than 20 times a game IMO. Plus the addition of the odd trick play wouldn't be any harm. When was the last time we threw a flea flicker (which would be a good play for Eli because of his deep passing ability). How about an end around when you have speed players like Moss and Carter. And if an offense was ever tailored for screen passes (with Tiki and this line) then this is the one. Once the confidence in the offense improves, I believe Eli will improve also.

Well i can see I opened up a can of worms here. Look, all the arm flaring and showing up Eli gives the media fue for the fire. Shit when we went down the field in the playoff game and scored, that next drive we didnt do shit. Shockey's out therethrowinhisarmsin the ir. Rightbefore commercial, and right before they cut to the commercial You can hear either Buck or Aikman(not sure who it was)say, 'Theres the real Jeremy" or "there's that guy" Eluding to him being a whinny bitch. i dont care if we win ca championship, if our players are a bunch of whinning bitches, I think it takes away from it.

He is our leading receiver...how many more time do you want them to throw to him? If he threw to him all the time you would be saying the same thing about Plax......

Leading receiver, yes, however most of his catches were in the second half when we were already down and needed to make a comeback. How many times do we have to hear about how the Giants HAVE to get Shockey involved in the game earlier than they do? How many times must we say that the Giants have to get Shockey involved earlier than they do? During one of the last games of the regular season one of the announcers eluded to the fact that out of all the games that Shockey played, he averaged about 1 catch per first half. That's flat out retarded. And no, I wouldn't say the same thing about Plax, cause getting Shockey involved earlier would open Plax up. I have never seen a Giants offense with as many weapons as they have, so why the fuck are we mediocre? Cause we haven't been using any of them correctly.

Well i can see I opened up a can of worms here. Look, all the arm flaring and showing up Eli gives the media fue for the fire. Shit when we went down the field in the playoff game and scored, that next drive we didnt do shit. Shockey's out therethrowinhisarmsin the ir. Rightbefore commercial, and right before they cut to the commercial You can hear either Buck or Aikman(not sure who it was)say, 'Theres the real Jeremy" or "there's that guy" Eluding to him being a whinny bitch. i dont care if we win ca championship, if our players are a bunch of whinning bitches, I think it takes away from it.

If we win a championship, it should not take away from it, if it does can you really say you're a fan of the team if that's your only concern?

Seriously, of all the problems this team has, Shockey and Plax crying and bitching is soooo far down the list. We don't have a defensive co-ordinator, qb coach, we may lose our center to free agency, the draft, Eli's accuracy issues, how do we replace tiki?, linebacker issues.............. do we need to keep going?

Aikman and Buck are also the ones that are calling for Eli to "show some fire" when things are going wrong and to be "as cool as ever" when things are great. They're just like the rest of the media. Like I said before, (in Shockey's case) the emotion showed when our team is winning is seen as fire, but when we're losing, it's detrimental. I'm sure that if we had won the playoff game that Aikman and Buck would've had to acknowledge the fact that Shockey was on the sidelines with Eli every time that they walked off of the field trying to motivate him.

Leading receiver, yes, however most of his catches were in the second half when we were already down and needed to make a comeback. How many times do we have to hear about how the Giants HAVE to get Shockey involved in the game earlier than they do? How many times must we say that the Giants have to get Shockey involved earlier than they do? During one of the last games of the regular season one of the announcers eluded to the fact that out of all the games that Shockey played, he averaged about 1 catch per first half. That's flat out retarded. And no, I wouldn't say the same thing about Plax, cause getting Shockey involved earlier would open Plax up. I have never seen a Giants offense with as many weapons as they have, so why the fuck are we mediocre? Cause we haven't been using any of them correctly.

Oh I agree they have no idea how to use him or any other of our weapons...Im just saying that whole " they dont get shockey the ball " thing is over played he is our leading receiver.

Oh I agree they have no idea how to use him or any other of our weapons...Im just saying that whole " they dont get shockey the ball " thing is over played he is our leading receiver.

Oh no, I don't mean that he needs the ball all the time. I meant that we sit there and ignore him in the first half and then when we're down by 30 all of the sudden we try to get him involved.

Oh no, I don't mean that he needs the ball all the time. I meant that we sit there and ignore him in the first half and then when we're down by 30 all of the sudden we try to get him involved.

Yeah well that falls on Huffy and his retarded calls.....God I hate him :furious: Lets hope Gill will be a little better :cwy:

Budrock, they've done that. Shockey is over talking to Eli everytime the offense leaves the field. And you can't blame Hufnagel was inaccurate throws, of which at least 50% of Eli's throws are. He's often throwing behind his receivers, and his screen and out passes are awful, guys have to pick them off the ground before they can run.

Throwing tantrums does not help the situation, you're correct. However it emotional, and I find it funny how last year we had this same topic and I brought up the fact that in one game Eli showed up Bob Whitfield on a false start after Whitfield had just taken the field. And you know what the response was "Ah Whitfield is an idiot, he deserved it". Not the point of course.

If he's encouraging Eli on the sideline AFTER throw a tantrum on the field, then wouldn't you agree that the encouragement is negated?

You can blame Huff, Eli's completion percentage is so low because Huff had him going deep so many times. And it wasn't even at the right times. We didn't set up the pass with the run, we just came out and threw deep.

He doesn't have the greatest accuracy, but shattering his confidence isn't gonna make it better, and his accuracy would probably improve 100% if his two number one targets would work with him during the offseason. That's a no brainer.

He had great timing with Toomer.

The QB is supposed to be the leader, and therefore supposed to jump on someone's ass when they make a mistake. I can't see Eli ever being that guy though. That's different than pantomiming to god when the ball doesn't get thrown to you.

Man, Ihope im wrong, but Eli is NEVER gonna step up and be vocal. it sucks. he needs to be that guy, but its just not gonna happen.

So how do u feel about Burress and Shockey running the huddle? Or a loose nut like Whitfield? When things were shaky during a huddle, Phil Simms used to get on some ASS! I miss that.

In reviewing the '05 season, I felt Eli did well against single coverage but he got confused by the zone, which people threw at him more and more. I think it was x..... who said it was partly due to the receivers not finding the holes in the zone and I agreed.

This season, I think there was very little improvement there, matter of fact the play calling got worse and Toomer got hurt so I would say if anything we regressed in the short passing game.

As I watch the playoffs, I see all these teams running slant patterns successfully, something we hardly ever do. Everyone left in the playoffs (except Chicago) has a rock solid short passing game that keeps the defense off balance and unable to key on any one aspect of the offense.

We need to develop that either with existing personnel and coaches or new ones.

In reviewing the '05 season, I felt Eli did well against single coverage but he got confused by the zone, which people threw at him more and more. I think it was x..... who said it was partly due to the receivers not finding the holes in the zone and I agreed.

This season, I think there was very little improvement there, matter of fact the play calling got worse and Toomer got hurt so I would say if anything we regressed in the short passing game.

As I watch the playoffs, I see all these teams running slant patterns successfully, something we hardly ever do. Everyone left in the playoffs (except Chicago) has a rock solid short passing game that keeps the defense off balance and unable to key on any one aspect of the offense.

We need to develop that either with existing personnel and coaches or new ones.

Yup!

The plays were either chuck it to Burress. Medium pass to Shockey or a swing pass to Finn's feet.

I don't think these guys get as open as you think. Burress doesn't get open that much, and people talk about his sick catches but think about his drops too. The Seahawks game he dropped one literally right in his hands and it turned into an interception. The Jaguars game a ball was placed right into his hands and for some reason he tries to tip it to himself and drops it. Would've changed the game.

Both Plax and Shockey are in no position to show up Eli. And vice versa. Eli doesn't show em up though, so it's not an issue. Once Eli becomes a better QB, this will quickly turn into not as big of an issue.

I don't think these guys get as open as you think. Burress doesn't get open that much, and people talk about his sick catches but think about his drops too. The Seahawks game he dropped one literally right in his hands and it turned into an interception. The Jaguars game a ball was placed right into his hands and for some reason he tries to tip it to himself and drops it. Would've changed the game.

Both Plax and Shockey are in no position to show up Eli. And vice versa. Eli doesn't show em up though, so it's not an issue. Once Eli becomes a better QB, this will quickly turn into not as big of an issue.

i think its I"if"