SportsWrath

Giants Making Another Run at Pioli?

Plow

"The NFL Network reports the Giants may be preparing to make a second run at Patriots GM Scott Pioli to fill the same position in New York.

The Giants aren't expected to announce Ernie Accorsi's successor until next week, but if Bill Parcells decides on his future by then, it's possible Pioli will reconsider. One rumor had Pioli holding out on the Giants' job because he thought his father-in-law Parcells wanted it."

Do it!

it's too good to be true.

Best Case Scenario: He comes, fires coughlin, and is the the savior we thought he would be. :worshippy:

Reailty: Looks at the Giants, laughs, and says no again <_<

it's too good to be true.

Best Case Scenario: He comes, fires coughlin, and is the the savior we thought he would be. :worshippy:

Reailty: Looks at the Giants, laughs, and says no again <_>

Think will ya?

If he does come here he is not going to come in wielding an axe .

OK, Calm down Giants fans. Its not like Piolo is going to turn this team around over night. We don't want to set him up for failure already. Lets hire him first, and see what he does for the Giants.

it's the only chance we have at getting coughlin out of here!

it's the only chance we have at getting coughlin out of here!

Coughlin already got the extension. He's coaching the Giants in 07 no matter what.

I'm more interested in Pioli not to get rid of Coughlin, but because of his 3 super bowls in 5 years. In Belichick's book that I'm reading now, he talks about how great Pioli is at evaluating talent. That's what I'm more interested in.

Coughlin already got the extension. He's coaching the Giants in 07 no matter what.

I'm more interested in Pioli not to get rid of Coughlin, but because of his 3 super bowls in 5 years. In Belichick's book that I'm reading now, he talks about how great Pioli is at evaluating talent. That's what I'm more interested in.

i'm reading that book too, thanks for ruining it for me!

It's only one paragraph, don't worry.

What page are you on? I have about 60 pages left.

just started, i'm on like chapter 4. I got discouraged after the Giants lost and havent felt like reading a football book though. You should read Michael Lewis' book The Blind Side. I think you would like it. I loved it, couldn't put it down.

just started, i'm on like chapter 4. I got discouraged after the Giants lost and havent felt like reading a football book though. You should read Michael Lewis' book The Blind Side. I think you would like it. I loved it, couldn't put it down.

Oh. The biography part kinda drags on a bit, but once it gets to the part where BB becomes DC of the g-men then it really gets interesting.

All this book has done for me is make me want BB even more. He's unbelievable.

I doubt if the FO is really going to keep TC for more a year anyways. TC is basically warming the spot for another coach.

It makes no sense, either you give the guy a chance, or get rid of him. Giving him a 1 year contract extension, and expecting him to take control of a team, and motivate the team isn't going to happen. So, we either keep TC and give him a large extension, perhaps another 3 years etc.. or get rid of him altogether.

we also need to keep in mind that the Pats had the luxury of having Tom Brady on Offense whereas Eli has so far proven that he is servicable, but not in the elite category.

I'm not saying that Pioli won't help the Giants greatly, but when you have someone of Brady's caliber on Offense, he really elevates the rest of the offensive players games.

Hmm... well, that would be keeping with that fat fuck Parcells' character, wouldn't it?

"Hey, I want that job.... oh, actually, I decided I don't want it. Hope I didn't fuck things up for your organization too much."

Please see his relationship with the Giants, Falcolns, Tampa, for examples. What an asshole.

Hmm... well, that would be keeping with that fat fuck Parcells' character, wouldn't it?

"Hey, I want that job.... oh, actually, I decided I don't want it. Hope I didn't fuck things up for your organization too much."

Please see his relationship with the Giants, Falcolns, Tampa, for examples. What an asshole.

He has the soul and personality of a jaded old prostitute or mercenary....straight to the highest bidder with absolutely no loyalty to you...but they expect you to respect them and to look out for their long term interests. That is why he is "The Prostitute". I was 27 years old when he left in 91' and when I read/heard the reasoning behind it "my health, my heart is not in it anymore, etc.", I immediately said what a crock of bullshit. But all the other Giants fans in my circle acted as if I was the most heartless guy out there. And I told watch this prick in a year or two and he will be attached to another organization and he will raid the Giants for "his kinda guys". Lo and Behold the Patriots and Jets became Giants lite; and everytime you look on the Broke Backs sidelines you see another Giants guy wearing a fag star on his back. Much less the front office guys and coaches he has siphoned off of us, this asshole will just not go away. The only ex-Giants Broke Back who ever got a pass from me was Tom Landry who was old southern boy anyway. He was always a gentleman when his Broke Backs pounded our Midgets during his hey day, and never rubbed it in. The Jets got a real big taste of the fallout from hiring The Prostitute after he left and BB (aka The Prodigal) was their coach for all of 5 minutes; and then you get the Old G-mens LB coach Al "Deer in the Headlights" Groh as their head coach. I called my Jets friends and told them The Prostitute pulled a Handley (aka HandJob) on you; and I finished off with telling them accepting Parcells' vows of loyalty is like going to a prostitute and asking her do you love me. I can only hope he leaves the Broke Backs behind like a used up feminine napkin. :LMAO:

He has the soul and personality of a jaded old prostitute or mercenary....straight to the highest bidder with absolutely no loyalty to you...but they expect you to respect them and to look out for their long term interests. That is why he is "The Prostitute". I was 27 years old when he left in 91' and when I read/heard the reasoning behind it "my health, my heart is not in it anymore, etc.", I immediately said what a crock of bullshit. But all the other Giants fans in my circle acted as if I was the most heartless guy out there. And I told watch this prick in a year or two and he will be attached to another organization and he will raid the Giants for "his kinda guys". Lo and Behold the Patriots and Jets became Giants lite; and everytime you look on the Broke Backs sidelines you see another Giants guy wearing a fag star on his back. Much less the front office guys and coaches he has siphoned off of us, this asshole will just not go away. The only ex-Giants Broke Back who ever got a pass from me was Tom Landry who was old southern boy anyway. He was always a gentleman when his Broke Backs pounded our Midgets during his hey day, and never rubbed it in. The Jets got a real big taste of the fallout from hiring The Prostitute after he left and BB (aka The Prodigal) was their coach for all of 5 minutes; and then you get the Old G-mens LB coach Al "Deer in the Headlights" Groh as their head coach. I called my Jets friends and told them The Prostitute pulled a Handley (aka HandJob) on you; and I finished off with telling them accepting Parcells' vows of loyalty is like going to a prostitute and asking her do you love me. I can only hope he leaves the Broke Backs behind like a used up feminine napkin. LMAO.gif

LOL that's why I was the only one who was happy when the Cowboys signed Parcells. Everyone thinks he's some great coach; meanwhile, Bill Belichick is about to make his fourth Super Bowl appearance without Parcells while he watches from his couch.

Belichick = 3 rings without Parcells.

Parcells = 0 rings without Belichick.

The guy's been living on hype and reputation since the split with the Jets. In fact, does Parcells even have ONE playoff win without Belichick as his DC? I knew Parcells would leave the Cowboys in dog-shit shape just like he's done with every other team he's coached; it'll be fun watching it happen to our biggest rivals. He's done everything he could to get a quick Super Bowl win; signed Testeverde, signed Bledsoe (both of whom sucked). Hell, if he didn't luck out with Homo and the NFC being so goddamned weak, he's watching the first round of playoffs from his couch.

Parcells sucks.

LOL that's why I was the only one who was happy when the Cowboys signed Parcells. Everyone thinks he's some great coach; meanwhile, Bill Belichick is about to make his fourth Super Bowl appearance without Parcells while he watches from his couch.

Belichick = 3 rings without Parcells.

Parcells = 0 rings without Belichick.

The guy's been living on hype and reputation since the split with the Jets. In fact, does Parcells even have ONE playoff win without Belichick as his DC? I knew Parcells would leave the Cowboys in dog-shit shape just like he's done with every other team he's coached; it'll be fun watching it happen to our biggest rivals. He's done everything he could to get a quick Super Bowl win; signed Testeverde, signed Bledsoe (both of whom sucked). Hell, if he didn't luck out with Homo and the NFC being so goddamned weak, he's watching the first round of playoffs from his couch.

Parcells sucks.

Yeah I hear you Sephiroth...whenever I start hatin' on The Prostitute people try to calm me down by saying he was the only Giants coach to win a SuperBowl....so let me get this straight LT, Simms, Anderson, Bavaro, Carson, Hostetler, Martin (the rest of the players) and The Prodigal (the rest of the coaching staff) had nothing to do with it. When I watched the Giants of old...I would see The Prodigal take guys into the secondary who could not catch a cold or a ball with a net and turn them into decent DB's to play well in his scheme. The Prodigal could turn Webster into the next Everson Walls if he had a shot at him. Fuck The Prostitute and his Entourage of hangers on and fellow traitors (Jim Burt ...still looking for Hostetler's knees?).