SportsWrath

This is the man all the Mocks have us taking

so-cal dub

You got that right guys....how about some help on defense...LB, CB leave the DL alone this year. And maybe an OL in the 3rd or 4th rounds.

how bout we draft the best talent available at 20, which we'll do.

if marshawn lynch is available at 20, theres no way we pass him up.

What do you want him to do as a back up?

He'd still be the starter but Lynch would be a great change of pace back and has the ability to catch out of the backfield.

And as for pass blocking out of our RBs, I think our RB coach is doing something right. Jacobs looked like he did fine on blitz pick ups and Tiki was great at that the last couple of years. So I think we can get Lynch to pick up blitzes too.

What do you want him to do as a back up?

He'd still be the starter but Lynch would be a great change of pace back and has the ability to catch out of the backfield.

And as for pass blocking out of our RBs, I think our RB coach is doing something right. Jacobs looked like he did fine on blitz pick ups and Tiki was great at that the last couple of years. So I think we can get Lynch to pick up blitzes too.

He's tied for 7th most rushing TD's. And he's touched the ball less than everyone who's scored more.

And for a "short-yardage" back, he's averaged 4.4 ypc.

Carries that finished off Tiki's drives.

You guys are ridiculous if you think we are going in with Jacobs as our starting running back.

You guys are ridiculous if you think we are going in with Jacobs as our starting running back.

I think even if we draft an RB high Jacobs still goes into the season the starting back.

:confused:

How do you figure that Jacobs won't be the starter?

Would you like to place a wager on that?

Anyone who thinks he's just a 'short yardage' back is deceived by his size and oblivious to his speed.

His durability will increase when he learns to stop taking on tacklers head on.

Stopped for short gains time after time? Dude you're high.

if he does, we'll be running back by committee.

If we're smart, we'll manage to have Lynch and Jacobs together at least 50% of the plays. When you have two talented backs, you don't waste one on the bench. You use em both at the same time.

I still don't get why we didn't do that with Jacobs and Tiki. Really pissed me off.

He's not a consistent back. He'll break off a 15 yard run then get stopped for short gains time after time.

What!!!! Bro, which Brandon Jacobs were you watching? Please at one point BJ converted 8 straight 3 and short plays. Not consistent back? You want him to convert every 3rd and 1 play? Not in this world his not...

What!!!! Bro, which Brandon Jacobs were you watching? Please at one point BJ converted 8 straight 3 and short plays. Not consistent back? You want him to convert every 3rd and 1 play? Not in this world his not...

Jacobs actually did very well considering every time he came in the defense knew he was running it. We used him very poorly, and he still did fine for us.

Jacobs actually did very well considering every time he came in the defense knew he was running it. We used him very poorly, and he still did fine for us.

96 carries

46 carries of 4+ yards (including td runs)

44 carries of 3 or less yards (not including td runs)

6 carries of 3 or less yards (td runs only)

Like you said, very good considering most of his carries come in the opponents red zone and most of those come inside the 10 facing goalline d, or 3rd and short situations stacked against a run.

Not to mention a good number of his carries that came at the end games to run out the clock when the d was stacked against the run.

Brandon Jacobs is going to take the world by storm. Mark it down.

Size, speed, vision, and he looks to have halfway decent hands (how about that screen a few weeks ago). "What has Brandon Jacobs done?" How about claw his way into some playing time behind the best back the francise has ever had. And he's had a ton of big runs this year called back due to holds.

Get a bruisng fullback in the Sam Gash/Charles way mold and we won't have to worry about his durability one bit... he'll be running over corners and safeties all game. Get a big backup and we'll have to worry about it even less.

We need a backup for Jacobs... not a new starter. He's gonna tear up the NFL assuming Gilbride knows how to use him (a BIG 'if').

I'm not high on Brandon Jacobs at all. I'd much rather have a quick, playmaker back there.

I'm not high on Brandon Jacobs at all. I'd much rather have a quick, playmaker back there.

Yeah, I figured out that part. You have to give him a try first before you kick him to the curve. You don't get a first rounder if you don't think he's going to contribute right away. Two backs that are quick and that can make plays. Selvin Young from Texas and Courtney Lewis from Texas A&M. 2 back that will be available in the later round and can be the change of pace back you are looking for.

Yeah, I figured out that part. You have to give him a try first before you kick him to the curve. You don't get a first rounder if you don't think he's going to contribute right away. Two backs that are quick and that can make plays. Selvin Young from Texas and Courtney Lewis from Texas A&M. 2 back that will be available in the later round and can be the change of pace back you are looking for.

I just don't see him as the back that's leading us into the future. I think he can be a decent back but I feel like he doesn't hold on to the ball well and is out there just looking to hit people. I like backs that choose their holes wisely and cut back. Jacobs isnt going to be juking anyone nor is he breaking a 50+ yard run.

I just don't see him as the back that's leading us into the future. I think he can be a decent back but I feel like he doesn't hold on to the ball well and is out there just looking to hit people. I like backs that choose their holes wisely and cut back. Jacobs isnt going to be juking anyone nor is he breaking a 50+ yard run.

I think you're just drawing that impression because his fumbles have been 'untimely'. He's only had 2 or 3 in two years, which isn't bad at all, especially for a rookie and sophomore season.

Tiki didn't learn how to be patient til his 3rd or 4th year in the league. With more playing time, he'll learn to trust the line and wait for holes to open up. I'm sure he learned a thing or two from Tiki.

And the kid's got great speed for his size. He's more than capable of breaking big runs.

I think you're just drawing that impression because his fumbles have been 'untimely'. He's only had 2 or 3 in two years, which isn't bad at all, especially for a rookie and sophomore season.

Tiki didn't learn how to be patient til his 3rd or 4th year in the league. With more playing time, he'll learn to trust the line and wait for holes to open up. I'm sure he learned a thing or two from Tiki.

And the kid's got great speed for his size. He's more than capable of breaking big runs.

I prolly just feel uneasy due to the fact that Tiki is retiring. But it just seems that 3 fumbles in 120 or so carries is kind of alot...every 40 touches...a fumble every 2 games for most starting running backs who would get 20 or so carries a game

I prolly just feel uneasy due to the fact that Tiki is retiring. But it just seems that 3 fumbles in 120 or so carries is kind of alot...every 40 touches...a fumble every 2 games for most starting running backs who would get 20 or so carries a game

I think we all feel a little uneasy about that, but remember Tiki fumbled 3 times his rookie year on 136 caries.

Hell in his 4th year was averaging a fumble every 24 carries.

If there's one thing Coughlin CAN DO, it's fix a RB's fumblitis.

I think we all feel a little uneasy about that, but remember Tiki fumbled 3 times his rookie year on 136 caries.

Hell in his 4th year was averaging a fumble every 24 carries.

If there's one thing Coughlin CAN DO, it's fix a RB's fumblitis.

True story. I guess I would just like us to get someone besides like Derrick Ward as our next best option. A first round RB AND Jacobs...then I would be set. Or better yet, Ahman Green(who I admit, fumbles a lot too) and Jacobs would be a sick combo. I never thought that Green Bay did enough having Najeh Davenport AND Ahman Green together.

I am kinda on the fence here with our RB situation but like damn if Jacobs gets hurt then who do we have ? not only that but with jacobs running they way he does he will be out of football in 5 years .

A wreckingball can only bust thew so many walls untill it gets wrecked itself.

Hes only been a wrecking ball, cause well only play him when there is 8 stacked. If he wanted to play, he HAD to be a wrecking ball.