SportsWrath

This is the man all the Mocks have us taking

so-cal dub

I don't get it. Yeah we're losing Tiki, but Jacobs has the potential to fill his shoes. Getting a late round rb should be all we would need.

I agree he has a load of talent and very well could be an every down back, I love the guy but what has he proved as far as durability? I'd like to have a an elusive RB that is a ligit threat and have the power/elusivness combo working like Tiki and BJ should have been.

I love Lynch. It would be a great pick. But we do have other more important needs. It all depends on who is available, and what we did in FA.

He looks very Reggie Bush esc in that film. I am very impressed, and in my Madden like train of though WANT him now. But obviously as you said I guess it all depends.

And being that I would love to have him, if he's there we wont take him anyway.

Anyone who wants a RB in the first round is nuts.

That's what they said about Kiwi.

If Jacobs gets banged up and is out for a couple of games, we are screwed with Sims coming in full time. At least with Lynch or a potential FA signing we are in better shape.

Hell, maybe we can draft Lynch and put em both in. The worst coaching decision of the year IMO was not utilizing Jacobs and Barber at the same time. I couldn't tell you how much that really got me upset. I think it was a big time waste of talent.

Maybe we'll learn to do that with Lynch and Jacobs.

If Jacobs gets banged up and is out for a couple of games, we are screwed with Sims coming in full time. At least with Lynch or a potential FA signing we are in better shape.

Hell, maybe we can draft Lynch and put em both in. The worst coaching decision of the year IMO was not utilizing Jacobs and Barber at the same time. I couldn't tell you how much that really got me upset. I think it was a big time waste of talent.

Maybe we'll learn to do that with Lynch and Jacobs.

Come on Gateb...The Kiwanuka situation was pure luck and you know it. If anyone tells me they knew our number 1, 2 and 3 DE would go down at the sametime. I would call them a liar!

Either way, if BJ goes down, we are screwed anyways. Very rare does a rookie RB adjust to the speed of the game and learn blitz pick up quickly. very rare.

Maybe we'll learn to do that with Lynch and Jacobs

I'm not saying we don't need to pick up a running back. Just saying we shouldn't be considering using a first round pick on one. Our defensive needs are much more important at this point.

The fa rb list looks pretty good for '07. Or we could pick a gem in a late round or an undrafted fa.

I love Lynch. It would be a great pick. But we do have other more important needs. It all depends on who is available, and what we did in FA.

As you usual in the earier rounds we pick the best player available and then we fill needs. Our backfield sucks so bad, we're going to have to address it thru both FA and Draft.

Come on Gateb...The Kiwanuka situation was pure luck and you know it. If anyone tells me they knew our number 1, 2 and 3 DE would go down at the sametime. I would call them a liar!

Either way, if BJ goes down, we are screwed anyways. Very rare does a rookie RB adjust to the speed of the game and learn blitz pick up quickly. very rare.

The idea of drafting Kiwi wasn't primarily to start right away. We knew he's talented and we knew Strahan is retiring soon. And it shouldn't have surprised anyone that Strahan was injured.

I don't get it. Yeah we're losing Tiki, but Jacobs has the potential to fill his shoes. Getting a late round rb should be all we would need.

Jacobs is great, but I still doubt his running abilities. unfortunately we haven't had a chance to see him take the load. If only we seen him play a whole game, not (pre-season) but during the regular season. I still think he is too big, but he is a good short yardage back. Now, we have to see if he can last a whole game.

Trade down to the high 2nd round and pick up a third round pick. Then if you must, pick up the guy ranked 47 with our own 2nd round pick. He's another big boy that can run, catch, and block. And he's a fullback by trade. He helps give you a "smashmouth" backfield with some agility.

Brian Leonard Click on Multimedia to see the "Leonard Leap." Sorry, it's not a particularly well built website.

But we don't need a first round running back.

I beg to differ, we are built around the run. The reason we win football games is because of the run, and without a consistent running back, Eli is going to crushed, and our passing game is going to suffer. I would love to see a 1st round RB, but even more, I would like to see a good CB.

I beg to differ, we are built around the run. The reason we win football games is because of the run, and without a consistent running back, Eli is going to crushed, and our passing game is going to suffer. I would love to see a 1st round RB, but even more, I would like to see a good CB.

We already have a good running back, who already strikes fear in our opponents--Brandon Jacobs. How many times have we heard people wondering why he wasn't being used more? We need to compliment him, not replace him. Getting Leonard in the second would put a second running threat on the field, and adds to the receiving. Plus, he was a blocking back for a Heismann candidate, so we know he can do that as well.

Considering all the problems on defense, a running back in the first round would be about as bright as drafting a DE.

We already have a good running back, who already strikes fear in our opponents--Brandon Jacobs. How many times have we heard people wondering why he wasn't being used more? We need to compliment him, not replace him. Getting Leonard in the second would put a second running threat on the field, and adds to the receiving. Plus, he was a blocking back for a Heismann candidate, so we know he can do that as well.

Considering all the problems on defense, a running back in the first round would be about as bright as drafting a DE.

Amen. Drafting a first round RB is pure sillyness to me.

I am kinda on the fence here with our RB situation but like damn if Jacobs gets hurt then who do we have ? not only that but with jacobs running they way he does he will be out of football in 5 years .

A wreckingball can only bust thew so many walls untill it gets wrecked itself.

Kiwi would've had an impact anyway if all of them were healthy. Lewis implemented schemes that would've utilized Kiwi as an extra end or maybe even a part time LB in the zone blitz.

and who's our backup now? we'll either draft one early or pick up Ahman Green.