SportsWrath

Anonomous statements by players....

*SDMF*

I think we need to know WHAT 'statements' are being made by these current players? Post 'em so we can discuss the validity of them! :P

In Newsday, someone stated (anonymously) during team meetings Cheer Leader just hits them with statistics and no real game planning goes on. And when they go over the game tapes its just Cheer Leader screaming at them about "we can't have those kinds of mistakes". The player was trying to convey that Cheer Leader does not differentiate between bone head mistakes (Shitfield, Walker's roughing, etc.) from honest heat of the moment kind of mistakes (Kiwi's letting go of Young and not completing the sack). Read in yesterday's Newsday that Cheer Leader had asked Chris Mara to join the Jaguars front office when he was down in Jacksonville. So there you have it the real reason why he is staying is that he is a Mara kind of guy. Maybe he reminds them of a crochety old uncle or something. :P

I thnk its all media hype. Anyone agree?

no, i think it's 100% true. there's no media conspiracy to fire tom coughlin. it's no coincidence that the only media members who want tom coughlin to stay are mike and the maddog and maddog happens to share an agent with coughlin

The onl reason Mike and the maddog back him is because, like them or not[i dont], they know firing TC would be idiotic. Why , if we want to wit for Cowher, Bilacheck, or Weiss, would we hire another coach for a one year deal? I dont know where u live Admiral, but if you lived around the Ny area and read the Post, Daily news, or any other NY based paper, you'd know the media hates him and wants him out.

:doh:

how can he say there is no media conspiracy? its known, the NY media does not like him and want him out.

No one likes him except for the organization, so it isn't like the media is out there by itself. And I hardly think the media is gathering together in their secret lair underneath the left foot of the Statue of Liberty to collaborate and plot the demise of Tommy Boy.

If BB is not an option than right now there are no good HC candidates available, so the extension makes sense...unfortunetaly. I don't even know how much the organization likes him when they apparently had a laundry list of things he had to do to change his approach to the team and to his staff.

The onl reason Mike and the maddog back him is because, like them or not[i dont], they know firing TC would be idiotic. Why , if we want to wit for Cowher, Bilacheck, or Weiss, would we hire another coach for a one year deal? I dont know where u live Admiral, but if you lived around the Ny area and read the Post, Daily news, or any other NY based paper, you'd know the media hates him and wants him out.

i've lived around here my whole life, and just because everyone knows the earth is round doens't mean it's a conspiracy. sometimes it's just the truth

In Newsday, someone stated (anonymously) during team meetings Cheer Leader just hits them with statistics and no real game planning goes on. And when they go over the game tapes its just Cheer Leader screaming at them about "we can't have those kinds of mistakes". The player was trying to convey that Cheer Leader does not differentiate between bone head mistakes (Shitfield, Walker's roughing, etc.) from honest heat of the moment kind of mistakes (Kiwi's letting go of Young and not completing the sack). Read in yesterday's Newsday that Cheer Leader had asked Chris Mara to join the Jaguars front office when he was down in Jacksonville. So there you have it the real reason why he is staying is that he is a Mara kind of guy. Maybe he reminds them of a crochety old uncle or something. :P

Thats about as vague as one can be. :(

Got any more SPECIFIC info?