SportsWrath

New Defensive Coordinator

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

I always liked Jim Johnson of the Eagles but he's locked up for another 2 years. Anybody know anything about Tampa Bay's Monte Kiffin and his contract? He's another great one.

I'm available. All I need to do is login to a gameday chat and I can call better plays than any DC we could possibly get.

sportswrath backfield would suffer. you should let it slip innocently mid-thread that you are retiring and i'll report it as a scoop the next day. we'll get better coverage that way.

is there any coughlin "GUYS" currently out of work? other than the 2 we just dumped? if so with his track record, DONT HIRE THEM.

does any one out there have a short list of good possabilities?

I am not to sold on dom capers he sure didnt last to long as a head coach in Huston .

What's wrong with Capers as our DC? I always thought he was a good DC... :confused:

I think Capers is a very good D coordinator. The Dolphins D was excellent from the 5th game on, and since it was his first year there you have to expect some bumps in the road the first few games.

is there any coughlin "GUYS" currently out of work? other than the 2 we just dumped? if so with his track recorse DONT HIRE THEM.

does any one out there have a short list of good possabilities?

I am not to sold on dom capers he sure didnt last to long as a head coach in Huston .

Head Coach is much different than a coordinator. There are many very good coordinators that just couldn't make it as head coaches, then return to being very good coordinators.

I'm rooting for Capers as DC, and if we aren't replacing the OC at least get Jason Garret as QB Coach. I'm interested to see what he can do with Eli.

I think Capers is a very good D coordinator. The Dolphins D was excellent from the 5th game on, and since it was his first year there you have to expect some bumps in the road the first few games.

Head Coach is much different than a coordinator. There are many very good coordinators that just couldn't make it as head coaches, then return to being very good coordinators.

I'm rooting for Capers as DC, and if we aren't replacing the OC at least get Jason Garret as QB Coach. I'm interested to see what he can do with Eli.

While we're raping Saban's old coaching staff, might as well bring in Hudson Houck.

While we're raping Saban's old coaching staff, might as well bring in Hudson Houck.

:LMAO: Yeah I know. I do like those 2 guys, but I don't know anything about Houck. As unhappy as I was with the offense this year, keeping Gillbride might not be a terrible idea. If we put the offense in a new system, they will need at least 4-5 games to really learn it and get it going. Maybe all Eli needs is a new QB coach, who can then work with Gillbride on the best plays and play calling to fit Eli's strengths. I have always been impressed with Garrett (sp?) and though he would make a great coach.

:LMAO: Yeah I know. I do like those 2 guys, but I don't know anything about Houck. As unhappy as I was with the offense this year, keeping Gillbride might not be a terrible idea. If we put the offense in a new system, they will need at least 4-5 games to really learn it and get it going. Maybe all Eli needs is a new QB coach, who can then work with Gillbride on the best plays and play calling to fit Eli's strengths. I have always been impressed with Garrett (sp?) and though he would make a great coach.

Hudson Houck

Dallas Oline coach 1993-2001, then he went to San Diego until 2004. He might be good.

And I wasn't busting on you, I agree entirely.:)

I will never forget one of Don Capers defensive teams, not having a turnover until week 11!!!

Hudson Houck

Dallas Oline coach 1993-2001, then he went to San Diego until 2004. He might be good.

And I wasn't busting on you, I agree entirely.:)

Seems like he has a lot of good O-Line experience, which is the backbone of an offense. I'm just not sure how that translates to an OC position though.

I will never forget one of Don Capers defensive teams, not having a turnover until week 11!!!

Dom Capers

He had some impressive seasons under TC in Jacksonville. Especially his first year there. He turned the D into the #4 D, a 21 spot improvement from the previous year. Sounds like exactly what we need.