SportsWrath

Gilbride remaining the OC.

Nesta

Good, one more nail for Coughlins coffin at the end of next season.

Granted Eli isn't exactly superstar material, but Gilbride certainly hasn't helped him out.

I want Eli to get injured during preseason and then we can see what the Hefty Lefty can do. I will bet anyone right now that he is better than Eli. Eli is a bitch that loves the cock, Lorenzon will actually stay in the pocket and not always throw of his back foot like little wus Eli does whenever he senses the slightest pressure.

I want Eli to get injured during preseason and then we can see what the Hefty Lefty can do. I will bet anyone right now that he is better than Eli. Eli is a bitch that loves the cock, Lorenzon will actually stay in the pocket and not always throw of his back foot like little wus Eli does whenever he senses the slightest pressure.

Ok first off I would never wish for a player to get injured no matter what the reason...except TO that SOB needs to tear his achilles tendon.

And Eli doesn't stay in the pocket? What are you talking about that is the only place he goes. On the rare occasion when the pocket is collapsing will he try and get out, and he has made more of his good plays doing that than standing his ground in the pocket and throwing off his back foot. I wish Eli would roll out and bootleg more often actually.

Ok first off I would never wish for a player to get injured no matter what the reason...except TO that SOB needs to tear his achilles tendon.

And Eli doesn't stay in the pocket? What are you talking about that is the only place he goes. On the rare occasion when the pocket is collapsing will he try and get out, and he has made more of his good plays doing that than standing his ground in the pocket and throwing off his back foot. I wish Eli would roll out and bootleg more often actually.

I agree with the both of you. I would love to see what Lorenzen could do and at the same time, I would love to see them draw up more plays to get eli out of the pocket...see his entire Old Miss career...he was constantly out of the pocket launching strikes to his his receivers. I see the same with him in the pro's...he is MUCH better when he rolls out of the pocket...MUCH MUCH better

What I meant is that Eli has no pocket presence. He gets flustered and then throws inaccurate passes. He has done well outside the pocket when he can get out, but most of the time he is sacked before he gets a chance.

I dont think it is that bad of a move..

Eli will remain in an offense he is used to for the last year in the coughlin regime not have 3 different systems in 3 years (Huffnagel/Gilbride, whoever they would have brought in, the new coach) and he didnt do anything to lose his job in the last 2 games

You are dead right. I have always noticed that Eli was better when he was moving in the pocket. The first time I saw him moving away from pressure, sliding in the pocket, rolling out of the pocket etc., was the San Diego game in 2005. The other day against Philly, he looked bad for a long time. When he started to move in the pocket, and actually ran a few times, I said to myself that he was now going to start playing well, and he did.

I think he plays much better when he plays with a sense of urgency, like when he's in the no huddle, for example. Coughlin and crew need to find a way to get this out of him all the time.

You are dead right. I have always noticed that Eli was better when he was moving in the pocket. The first time I saw him moving away from pressure, sliding in the pocket, rolling out of the pocket etc., was the San Diego game in 2005. The other day against Philly, he looked bad for a long time. When he started to move in the pocket, and actually ran a few times, I said to myself that he was now going to start playing well, and he did.

I think he plays much better when he plays with a sense of urgency, like when he's in the no huddle, for example. Coughlin and crew need to find a way to get this out of him all the time.

You know, I was thinking. Maybe we should let Eli call his own plays. For some reason, I think it would benefit him alot if the TC would let him do that.

You know, I was thinking. Maybe we should let Eli call his own plays. For some reason, I think it would benefit him alot if the TC would let him do that.

They better find a way to get the best out of him, because Tiki can no longer save his ass.

Of course it would, Eli needs all the confidence boost he can get, and having control over what he is doing on the field would be a sure-fire way to get it done. But that is not an easy task passing playcalling to the QB, not only for Eli but for TC and Gilbride too.

I've said since that first Eagles game the Giants need to go into a more hurry-up offense...not the 2 minute drill offense but a hurry up like a lot of teams are using these days. Eli should spend this entire off-season working with Peyton on how the Colts run their offense, and then working with Gilbride and TC on tailoring that style offense to fit Eli's unique skill set.