SportsWrath

It's official: Coughlin to coach the Giants in 2007

Nas

Who knows? Maybe we'll have a fun year. We always have better years when we don't expect that much and we have bad years when we expect a lot.

I have us with not one win over 0-16.

I don't want antoher roller coaster coach. I want a dynasty and we have the talent in place to do it. You mean to tell me they couldn't lure Weis out of Notre Dame?

I don't want antoher roller coaster coach. I want a dynasty and we have the talent in place to do it. You mean to tell me they couldn't lure Weis out of Notre Dame?

No, You Can`t Always Get What You Want.

Dynasty`s are extremely hard to come by in the salary cap era of professional football with only one team, the New England Patriots able to do it.

My guess, they don`t want Weis as head coach, they want someone who is defensively minded.

Enter, Mr. Bill Cowher.

There's better choices next year. The priority now is to hire some decent coordinators and conditioning coaches, have a decent draft, and make some key free agent acquisitions. See you in April!

You know, I was thinking the same thing. I'm almost willing to wait for a Cowher, Weis, or Belichick.

Who would we get this year? There's not a whole lot of hot names out there right now... unless you think Mike Martz or Dennis Green is gonna be better than TC.

No, You Can`t Always Get What You Want.

Dynasty`s are extremely hard to come by in the salary cap era of professional football with only one team, the New England Patriots able to do it.

My guess, they don`t want Weis as head coach, they want someone who is defensively minded.

Enter, Mr. Bill Cowher.

Suddenly Cowher is a hot item. Why? He's just another Coughlin more or less.

We have to change a lot of things if we want to be a dynasty like you claim. We are going to need more speed in the secondary. Our secondary blows. Not enough speed, no playmaking ability, and guys that are more interested in hits then plays. Our first round pick should be for a guy in the secondary. We also need speed at LB. All in all, we need more playmakers on defense.

On offense we need guys who can get open. I know Toomer is back, but we can't assume that both him and plax are a given to play 16 games. And Moss still has to develop. So we need another veteran at WR. Maybe a draft pick. Whatever works.

Who the hell knows what Weis is going to be? I don't want watch college, I don't have much background info on him. All I know is that teams have played like shit against teams that are marked as elite. Sound familiar? One of our biggest problems under Coughlin has been beating teams that are marked as elite. Better yet, our biggest problem is we always find ways to LOSE. Whether it was the Seahawks last year, the Cowboys this year, the Eagles twice this year, we have just found ways to lose. Whether Weis will help with that or not is up for debate, but I'm just not crazy over him like you guys are at this point.

He's mediocre at best. So they had a run last year and won the SB.. what else?

The fact that he was with the Steelers 15 years says enough Nas. You're smart enough to know that no matter who the owner is, staying with a team that long and having a good amount of success like he had is not easy. And the Steelers weren't overly talented in 2005. They had some bad injuries. They overcame adversity and injuries, something our team has lacked over the years.

We have to change a lot of things if we want to be a dynasty like you claim. We are going to need more speed in the secondary. Our secondary blows. Not enough speed, no playmaking ability, and guys that are more interested in hits then plays. Our first round pick should be for a guy in the secondary. We also need speed at LB. All in all, we need more playmakers on defense.

On offense we need guys who can get open. I know Toomer is back, but we can't assume that both him and plax are a given to play 16 games. And Moss still has to develop. So we need another veteran at WR. Maybe a draft pick. Whatever works.

Who the hell knows what Weis is going to be? I don't want watch college, I don't have much background info on him. All I know is that teams have played like shit against teams that are marked as elite. Sound familiar? One of our biggest problems under Coughlin has been beating teams that are marked as elite. Better yet, our biggest problem is we always find ways to LOSE. Whether it was the Seahawks last year, the Cowboys this year, the Eagles twice this year, we have just found ways to lose. Whether Weis will help with that or not is up for debate, but I'm just not crazy over him like you guys are at this point.

Ike Hilliard. :TU:

It's a good thing a contract extension doesn't require a job interview. Here's a clip from Eisen's Mailbag from Jan. 2004:

The Giants first met with Coughlin on Dec. 22, five days after it was announced that Fassel would not return. General manager Ernie Accorsi and executive vice president/COO John Mara also interviewed St. Louis defensive coordinator Lovie Smith and both of the New England Patriots' coordinators, Romeo Crennel (defense) and Charlie Weis (offense). Coughlin flew to New Jersey for a second interview this week and agreed to a four-year contract on Tuesday.

I wonder how Coughlin would have done in an interview held today against these candidates.

It's a good thing a contract extension doesn't require a job interview. Here's a clip from Eisen's Mailbag from Jan. 2004:

I wonder how Coughlin would have done in an interview held today against these candidates.

Pretty sad. Weis and Smith both were interviewed and yet they sign Cocklin without ever thinking it over. Eh, heres to hindsight.

I think he still has nightmares about Brian Dawkins.

It's not hard for a safety to catch a receiver with a hard hit. Give Hilliard credit. He was never afraid to get hit (can't say that about Plax now can we?). And he didn't drop a lot of balls either.