SportsWrath

Chase Blackburn

*SDMF*

Ok two things about that....what could Chase have done to possibly get in his dog house?

And just how strict is he with his doghouse when he lets Whitfield keep playing after two headbutts in three weeks?

Whitfield barely played the last 2 games.

Ok two things about that....what could Chase have done to possibly get in his dog house?

And just how strict is he with his doghouse when he lets Whitfield keep playing after two headbutts in three weeks?

oh I dont know white socks with dress shoes on with his road attire in the lobby at the first philly game maybe? maybe he was 1o seconds late to the "got" to be there 10 minutes early meeting . cause he had to shake it one more time in the bathroom.

Lets see, Chase had 4 solo tackles, 1 assist, and a sack in his first real time in a game(this year). He didnt even play in the whole game. Emmons saw more time and we all know what he did. When he had to step it up last year in that Cheifs game, I remember him having a decent game. Oh, and stopping LJ on the goaline alongside with Nick Greisen. The following game had an interception for a TD. After that had a bad neck injury and we didnt see him again untill last Sunday. I say Keep him and have him challenge for a starting job. :clap:

the fact that chase didn't start doesn't really mean much when you consider the fact that coughlin started kevin lewis over nick greisen at MLB for an entire season (reason # 294384938549594038)

That should tell you how much Nick Greisen sucked.

the fact that chase didn't start doesn't really mean much when you consider the fact that coughlin started kevin lewis over nick greisen at MLB for an entire season (reason # 294384938549594038)

I know you aren't happy about him coming back and I can see why but it's time to move on.

I wanted him to be fired too but now that I think about it, I have no one in mind. Who would you have liked?

Chase is just another Nick Greisen

Whatever. Check this stat out:

Chase Blackburn had as many INTs and and Sacks in the last 20 Giants games playing in just 3.5 of those games as #58 had playing in 17 of those...........so tell me your feelings on that tough guy.

:clap:

Thank you.

When he isgiven a chance he's better than just a backup. PERIOD.

we are not saying he is another Carl banks or Harry Carson but DAMN skippy he is 10 times faster than ol' Carlos "cement shoes" Emmons. thats the point here .

THANKYOU :clap::doh:

we are not saying he is another Carl banks or Harry Carson but DAMN skippy he is 10 times faster than ol' Carlos "cement shoes" Emmons. thats the point here .

Ofcourse he's better than Carlos. But I think might point is I don't think he's the solution to our problems at LB.

When he is given a chance he's better than just a backup. PERIOD.

No he doesn't, PERIOD. Watch last year KC and Washington games, and this last Eagles game. He was getting blown out like a wounded puppy. He's no better than a special teams player. Face it, he sucks big time.

No he doesn't, PERIOD. Watch last year KC and Washington games, and this last Eagles game. He was getting blown out like a wounded puppy. He's no better than a special teams player. Face it, he sucks big time.

Chase Blackburn had as many INTs and Sacks in the last 20 Giants games playing in just 3.5 of those games as #58 had playing in 17 of those...........

Chase Blackburn had as many INTs and Sacks in the last 20 Giants games playing in just 3.5 of those games as #58 had playing in 17 of those...........

How do you figure that Blackburn only played in 3.5 of the last 20 games?

Do you mean he started in just 3.5?

How do you figure that Blackburn only played in 3.5 of the last 20 games?

Do you mean he started in just 3.5?

Basically. ;)

No matter. Just like last year his play on the feild will go unoticed and will continue to play ST. Im sure when we make trades someone will want him. We'll give him up and he'll go onto be a sttarter somewhere. And so this viscious cycle caled the NY Football GIANTS will continue........ :cwy:

That's not really fair, Midas. Greisen was starting for Barrett Green most of that season. And neither one was really talented enough to be a regular starter anyway. Otherwise, we wouldn't have gotten Pierce.

Blackburn is the same way--a great backup, good special-teamer. But you're in trouble if he's your starter.

What I was wondering was why he was playing instead of Wilkinson. He's supposed to be our golden child on the outside--has something happened to that projection?

That's not really fair, Midas. Greisen was starting for Barrett Green most of that season. And neither one was really talented enough to be a regular starter anyway. Otherwise, we wouldn't have gotten Pierce.

Blackburn is the same way--a great backup, good special-teamer. But you're in trouble if he's your starter.

What I was wondering was why he was playing instead of Wilkinson. He's supposed to be our golden child on the outside--has something happened to that projection?

I think Wilkinson was having problem with the scheme. I don't know why, but he looked lost out on the field. But then again, so did the rest of the defensive players. <_>

greisen was slated to start at MLB coming into that season but got hurt during pre-season and lost his job to lewis for 16 games. his natural position was MLB and it was what he was listed as prior to that season. im not saying he's better than pierce or that a defense should be built around him but he was a lot better than kevin lewis, who went from starter to being cut

greisen was slated to start at MLB coming into that season but got hurt during pre-season and lost his job to lewis for 16 games. his natural position was MLB and it was what he was listed as prior to that season. im not saying he's better than pierce or that a defense should be built around him but he was a lot better than kevin lewis, who went from starter to being cut

I know all that. I also know that he played Green's position for the better part of two years--and quite well. Lewis wouldn't have been able to do that.

I don't doubt for a second that Greisen would have won MLB back from Lewis, if he wasn't so valuable elsewhere at the time.

Greisen should of been cut also. That's my arguement... In other words, Both Lewis and Greisen didn't belong in the field.