SportsWrath

I woke up today angry as an LA rioter

xxi-xxv

You have a right to get mad, now I`m mad because a certain professor gave me a C- I didn`t fucking deserve. Sucks having a loud mouth and speaking your mind.

fuck that, if you speak your mind when the time is right you will go far in life. Its a matter of picking your spots.

some noteables that registered more tackles than Carlos:

A man named Sims, backup RB Brandon Jacobs, starting LG Rich Suebert and of course David Tyree, who had 4 tackles.

Yes folks Carlos was THAT useless.

Give the The Human Pectoral Tear a break.....if he moves too sudden he tears the other pec. :P

Not because we lost that game, but because I feel cheated as a fan. There is no reason that Tiki Barber should retire. Running backs in this league usually lose it all at once and this guy is STILL as good as anyone around. If Tiki had a year where he slumped and dropped off and that was it and he wanted out as a fan you could probably say "ok he is losing it", but this guy has lost nothing. I totally respect his reasons for leaving, but I often wonder if Tiki Barber realizes that it is because of the NY Giants and more importantly the NY Giants fans that he is more than just Tiki Barber, running back Ny Giants? For that I am angry. I can only imagine next year after an awful game by our run game when I see Tiki analyze our putrid run game on ESPN how I will feel. Its one thing if we are able to yell at the TV "too bad you are not what you were Tiki", instead we get to say "yeah thanks Tiki, wanna tell us really why our run game sucks ass?". :furious:

i agree to an extent, i was saying this the week he announced his retirement: without the NYG he would have NO SHOT at a tv career. yeah he's charismatic, intelligent, likeable, and well-spoken.....for a football player. i dont like the fact that he was planning his retirement and tv career 7 yeras ago, when he was still just a 3rd down back, and i dont like the fact that he didn't develop into a feature back who can carry the load until we used a 1st round pick on ron dayne.

i don't think our running game will suck next year though, jacobs is not only talented but he's a future leader of this team as well. i love his attitude and i love that he puts in the time to get better every year

totally agree with this statement.

who was leading the pre kickoff rally? Jacobs and Osi while Tiki sat on the bench with the 'i'm done with this shit' look on his face.

granted, he put it all out there on the field but he sure didn't put anything out there off the field except his own self promotion. i'm sure Giants players feel the same as I. it will come out soon enough.

if he announces his retirement today, i have no beef at all

this is why i have faith in our running game next year. jacobs is going to be a great giant and the kind of new young leader our team needs. same goes for osi, the future is bright if we get the right head coach in here.

tiki's been a shameless self-promoter for years. while it was wrong for people to link his fumbling issues to his off-field activities they were dead right to say he was doing too many. his head wasn't in the right place and if coughlin doesn't get fired im going to dislike him even more for saving his job in washington cuz he wanted to go out with a big game. i hate how he smiles nad helps people up on the other team, i hate how instead of being sad after the philly game he was only interested in reacting as a player going out, saying his goodbyes to trotter and dawkins, give me a fucking break, call those guys in the offseason and sulk with your teammates. how about the fact that YOU aren't going to the superbowl your last season? or is that not a top priority? i've always maintained that if he weren't a giant i'd probably hate him--now i can do so without hating a productive player on my favorite team.

Jason Taylor, a player who had a career year, talked about retirement at the end of the season before taking it back.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...NFL&id=1305

He is signed at least till 2008.

Again, you are delusional if you think players only retire when their contract is over, and never leave money on the table.

as a side note i think that was bullshit. taylor was shamelessly campaigning for the DPOY award. as soon as he got it he said he was coming back. it's why he spoke up about merriman too, he's as selfish and as big a camera whore as tiki

Tell me next year as the offense goes 3 and out and you get to see Tiki break down our putrid running attack with Kornheiser that you do not feel cheated.

oh no, im sure he'll be breaking down the election with george stepinopolis :clap:

I picked a terrible spot then. Fuck him, I`ll never have him again cause I`m transferring next year.

i told you man, i learned the hard way too when i was a freshman who wanted to write a paper on ayn rand. just keep it to yourself, the money's too good after college

this is why i have faith in our running game next year. jacobs is going to be a great giant and the kind of new young leader our team needs. same goes for osi, the future is bright if we get the right head coach in here.

tiki's been a shameless self-promoter for years. while it was wrong for people to link his fumbling issues to his off-field activities they were dead right to say he was doing too many. his head wasn't in the right place and if coughlin doesn't get fired im going to dislike him even more for saving his job in washington cuz he wanted to go out with a big game. i hate how he smiles nad helps people up on the other team, i hate how instead of being sad after the philly game he was only interested in reacting as a player going out, saying his goodbyes to trotter and dawkins, give me a fucking break, call those guys in the offseason and sulk with your teammates. how about the fact that YOU aren't going to the superbowl your last season? or is that not a top priority? i've always maintained that if he weren't a giant i'd probably hate him--now i can do so without hating a productive player on my favorite team.

players win games, teams win championships.

no. if he did that and the Giants were sucessful I could care less who is not on the roster.

This is Tiki Barber we're talking about. Chances are, if he's not successful, neither are the Giants. Wouldn't you feel cheated knowing the best and most crucial player on the team was giving a half assed effort just to collect a paycheck? It's better he walks away if he doesn't want to be here. I'm not saying he mailed it in Sunday evening, but it was painfully obvious that he was just riding this thing out and couldn't care less whether the Giants lost or not. I love Tiki Barber, and loved watching him play, but if it's come to him not "getting up"for a divison rival in a playoff game, then it's time he goes. Of course I'd love to still have him, but can we really trust and believe that he will give 100% on the field anymore? I don't think we can.

Goodbye Tiki... I hope the Giants retire your number some day soon.

i agree to an extent, i was saying this the week he announced his retirement: without the NYG he would have NO SHOT at a tv career. yeah he's charismatic, intelligent, likeable, and well-spoken.....for a football player. i dont like the fact that he was planning his retirement and tv career 7 yeras ago, when he was still just a 3rd down back, and i dont like the fact that he didn't develop into a feature back who can carry the load until we used a 1st round pick on ron dayne.

i don't think our running game will suck next year though, jacobs is not only talented but he's a future leader of this team as well. i love his attitude and i love that he puts in the time to get better every year

He sure used the Giants to get to where he is now. He should be more appreciative of the New York Giants organiztion and the New York Giants fanbase. His wife did a lot of marketing for him. It doesn't take a genius to speak well especially among NFL players.

About Jacobs. I believe he will do well. But his style of running will wear him out quickly. All those hits take their tolls on you and we need a slasher to spell him. But there's no doubt in my mind with the money we're goning to save from Tiki's retirement, we can land a superstar in some other position. And we can draft a RB like the guy playing for the Colts.. Adai I think.

tiki's been a shameless self-promoter for years. while it was wrong for people to link his fumbling issues to his off-field activities they were dead right to say he was doing too many. his head wasn't in the right place

Exactly.

and if coughlin doesn't get fired im going to dislike him even more for saving his job in washington cuz he wanted to go out with a big game. i hate how he smiles nad helps people up on the other team, i hate how instead of being sad after the philly game he was only interested in reacting as a player going out, saying his goodbyes to trotter and dawkins, give me a fucking break, call those guys in the offseason and sulk with your teammates. how about the fact that YOU aren't going to the superbowl your last season? or is that not a top priority? i've always maintained that if he weren't a giant i'd probably hate him--now i can do so without hating a productive player on my favorite team.

I'm not too crazy about praising Tiki for that game. The Redskins obviously wanted better draft picks.

as a side note i think that was bullshit. taylor was shamelessly campaigning for the DPOY award. as soon as he got it he said he was coming back. it's why he spoke up about merriman too, he's as selfish and as big a camera whore as tiki

To be fair he was right about Merriman. And I never heard about his retirement DURING the season.

This is Tiki Barber we're talking about. Chances are, if he's not successful, neither are the Giants. Wouldn't you feel cheated knowing the best and most crucial player on the team was giving a half assed effort just to collect a paycheck? It's better he walks away if he doesn't want to be here. I'm not saying he mailed it in Sunday evening, but it was painfully obvious that he was just riding this thing out and couldn't care less whether the Giants lost or not. I love Tiki Barber, and loved watching him play, but if it's come to him not "getting up"for a divison rival in a playoff game, then it's time he goes. Of course I'd love to still have him, but can we really trust and believe that he will give 100% on the field anymore? I don't think we can.

Goodbye Tiki... I hope the Giants retire your number some day soon.

I hope not.

I guess Tiki has no right to make a decision for himself, it seems he owes the Giants and he's being selfish.

I find this hilarious. I don't care if he planned this since he was 1 day old, I admire the fact he is retiring on his own accord, even if it does affect the team in a negative way. No matter what other extra curicular activities Tiki might have lined up, he's leaving a shit load of current and future dollars on the table, much more than he will make anytime soon as a newscaster or whatever role he takes.

He owes it to himself and his family, that's all. Say Tiki, says nothing all year long and nobody knows what his intentions were going to be, you think that we'd be any happier if he told us at the end of the season, hell no, it wouold be worse. And if he got some attention for it, so what. No offense but the guy has been overlooked for years, he's really only gotten any attention these last 2 years for somebody of his ability.

Leave him be and wish him good luck and stop being annoyed at him. He's taking a pounding the last few years and the Giants have really overused him at times. You can't blame him if he doesn't want to end up crippled like Earl Campbell and Jim Plunkett.

i agree he was right, but i dont like his intentions. he only cared cuz he was a candidate for DPOY

I don't blame him. Merriman's name was mentioned everytime the DPOY topic came up. He didn't want to take chances and lobbied to win the award that was clearly his anyway.

I guess Tiki has no right to make a decision for himself, it seems he owes the Giants and he's being selfish.

I find this hilarious. I don't care if he planned this since he was 1 day old, I admire the fact he is retiring on his own accord, even if it does affect the team in a negative way. No matter what other extra curicular activities Tiki might have lined up, he's leaving a shit load of current and future dollars on the table, much more than he will make anytime soon as a newscaster or whatever role he takes.

He owes it to himself and his family, that's all. Say Tiki, says nothing all year long and nobody knows what his intentions were going to be, you think that we'd be any happier if he told us at the end of the season, hell no, it wouold be worse. And if he got some attention for it, so what. No offense but the guy has been overlooked for years, he's really only gotten any attention these last 2 years for somebody of his ability.

Leave him be and wish him good luck and stop being annoyed at him. He's taking a pounding the last few years and the Giants have really overused him at times. You can't blame him if he doesn't want to end up crippled like Earl Campbell and Jim Plunkett.

I'm not annoyed at him for retiring. We're going to save a ton of money thanks to his retirement. Maybe we can sign another superstar at some other position or even shore up our defensive backfield. What I'm annoyed about is his failure to lead this team when he was clearly the leader at least on the offense and his use for the Giants organization to propell himself to the spotlight. His DEVELOPMENT as a running back is owed to the Giants. We surrounded him with a solid offensive line and so on.

Not mad at him for retiring but the love don't here... anymore.

I'm not annoyed at him for retiring. We're going to save a ton of money thanks to his retirement. Maybe we can sign another superstar at some other position or even shore up our defensive backfield. What I'm annoyed about is his failure to lead this team when he was clearly the leader at least on the offense and his use for the Giants organization to propell himself to the spotlight. His DEVELOPMENT as a running back is owed to the Giants. We surrounded him with a solid offensive line and so on.

Not mad at him for retiring but the love don't here... anymore.

Nas, you can't be serious. "his failure to lead the team". In the last 2 years he's put them on his back and carried them to games. The Skins game was all Tiki, he single handlely got the momentum back after the Skins scored. And as regards his development, his personal development has nothing to do with the Giants, fact is the guy was very bright and articulate leaving Virginia. His development as a footballer has to do with the Giants, but guess what, that's what they are supposed to do with players. The Giants have benefitted from Tiki a lot more than Tiki benefitted from the Giants believe me.

And there are people mad at him for retiring, which is kinda sad.

Nas, you can't be serious. "his failure to lead the team". In the last 2 years he's put them on his back and carried them to games. The Skins game was all Tiki, he single handlely got the momentum back after the Skins scored. And as regards his development, his personal development has nothing to do with the Giants, fact is the guy was very bright and articulate leaving Virginia. His development as a footballer has to do with the Giants, but guess what, that's what they are supposed to do with players. The Giants have benefitted from Tiki a lot more than Tiki benefitted from the Giants believe me.

And there are people mad at him for retiring, which is kinda sad.

I stated I'm not mad at hime for retiring. I'm just not buying into the argument that he carried the team. The O-line opened holes for him to run and in that Redskins game, it's evident the skins wanted better draft pix. I'm not deminishing his athleticism but tell me what runnning back wouldn't burst thru those holes?

He took advantage of the situation and that's good for him but I do expect a certain level of loyalty. Maybe I'm one of those old-fashion people who put others ahead. And that's why I expected him to handle his retirement better than he did.

I don't hate the guy but I have no love for him either.

I stated I'm not mad at hime for retiring. I'm just not buying into the argument that he carried the team. The O-line opened holes for him to run and in that Redskins game, it's evident the skins wanted better draft pix. I'm not deminishing his athleticism but tell me what runnning back wouldn't burst thru those holes?

He took advantage of the situation and that's good for him but I do expect a certain level of loyalty. Maybe I'm one of those old-fashion people who put others ahead. And that's why I expected him to handle his retirement better than he did.

I don't hate the guy but I have no love for him either.

Nas, you want more loyalty.....but your not mad at him for retiring. I think you are mad at him for retiring.

Nas, the offensive line doesn't always create the holes right away, good running backs have the patience to wait for holes to open and then accelerate. Tomlinson said in Time that he never hit the line at 100% because he knows by the time he gets there he'll have to make adjustments and he can't do it at full speed. the last touchdown against the Redskins was Tiki at his best, he waited for the hole and boom he was gone. And I don't buy the redskins playing for draft picks, they had the momentum when they scored the TD, they would have tried to win that game.

The Giants has rode Tiki into the gound. He's a small running back trying to play power back and scat back. Even with Jacobs this team, kept using him. That's a lot of wear and tear on his body in these last few years. Plus he's 31, not 21.

I'm not sure what you guys think is a good way to retire, but I tend to think that Tiki's way is not half as bad as the way favre's been stringing along Green Bay. Last year he had them waiting forever to make a decision and again this season, he's crying at the end of the Bears game, but wants to wait a while before announcing his retirement........if he does that is.

So Boohyah let me ask you something. When you leave your current job, will you give 3 months notice and disassociate yourself from your co-workers, give numerous exit interviews saying how much of yourself you've given up for the company and how your heart's not in it anymore,

and then on your final day, have more conversation with your competition than with your own co-workers?

So Boohyah let me ask you something (sure). When you leave your current job, will you give 3 months notice (no) and disassociate yourself from your co-workers (no), give numerous exit interviews saying how much of yourself you've given up for the company and how your heart's not in it anymore (no, and frankly no-one will give a shit)

and then on your final day, have more conversation with your competition than with your own co-workers (no, I always keep in contact with my past co-workers)?

My answers are above but Blu but tell me is this based on Tiki's behavior the last few months. Because I'm not sure where you came up with the idea the guy is doing "exit interviews". And frankly he's entitled to talk about what he's given to the team, because he has, and no-one would have a problem with him talking about his efforts if he was coming back next year, everyone is just pissed off at him so Tiki praising himself comes off as being cocky. He can say his heart is not in it anymore, but can you honestly sit there and think the last few weeks he wasn't trying to win. You can't.

The last line makes no sense. After the game Tiki talked to some of the Eagles!!. Is that what you're getting at, a few minutes on the field talking to guys who came over to him to tell him what they thought. Good Grief, did he travel home with the Eagles players?, did he practice all week with the Eagles?, did he clear out his locker the day after with the Eagles. C'mon!