SportsWrath

I woke up today angry as an LA rioter

xxi-xxv

Alright ace, you want an example....Jeff Feagles "retired" at the end of last season. He is expected to retire at the end of this season. Yet he is under contract until 2008....he is leaving money on the table.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/NYG/6234666

That is just one of HUNDREDS if not thousands of players who retire while under contract.

yes because Jeff Feagles is a top of his game, highly paid player, by the way Einstein, Feagles said he is coming back in mid November as his family is now entrenched in the area and the schools.

Here is a longer straw, because the one you are grasping at is making you look more foolish.

totally agree with this statement.

who was leading the pre kickoff rally? Jacobs and Osi while Tiki sat on the bench with the 'i'm done with this shit' look on his face.

granted, he put it all out there on the field but he sure didn't put anything out there off the field except his own self promotion. i'm sure Giants players feel the same as I. it will come out soon enough.

if he announces his retirement today, i have no beef at all

See I disagree, why I am angry is because I think he is still such a great player and integral part of this team.

I do know that many players and opposing players cannot stand him, my friend works for WFAN in sales and he said a few years back at training camp they were doing a promo event with some players and they all were making fun of Tiki and citing his selfishness.

Nonetheless the guy is a great player and still capable.

Are you seriously trying to tell me players only retire when their contract is over?

RETARD, answer this question??

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME A SUPERSTAR NFL PLAYER WALKED AWAY FROM MILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO RETIRE?

Not a role player, not a 35 year old on his last legs, not a 37 year old LT with a 2 year 2 million dollar deal, not a 44 year old kicker with a 5 year deal that was signed to spread out the signing bonus for the cap A FUCKING SUPERSTAR? Pro Bowler?

Tiki has more of an obligation to himself and his family, and should do whatever he feels is right. Sorry, but there is not one football player in all of football history who started playing the game to please fans. They play the game because they love it, and when that's gone, it's time to go. He clearly has lost the desire. If he doesn't feel the desire to play anymore, then I don't want him on my team, because I want my team to play to win. I'd rather see him go now than see him sit on the bench emotionless during the biggest game of the season.

Goodbye Tiki, and thanks for the memories. I loved watching you play, and hated seeing you sit there like you didn't give a rat's ass about beating the Eagles.

Jason Taylor, a player who had a career year, talked about retirement at the end of the season before taking it back.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...NFL&id=1305

He is signed at least till 2008.

Again, you are delusional if you think players only retire when their contract is over, and never leave money on the table.

TALKED TALKED, you have cited three players that have TALKED about the act and a 41year old kicker who has yet to retire.

You are really making a case, again a superstar, top notch pro bowler at the top of his game?

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME A SUPERSTAR NFL PLAYER WALKED AWAY FROM MILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO RETIRE?

Not a role player, not a 35 year old on his last legs, not a 37 year old LT with a 2 year 2 million dollar deal, not a 44 year old kicker with a 5 year deal that was signed to spread out the signing bonus for the cap A FUCKING SUPERSTAR? Pro Bowler?

I JUST TOLD YOU JASON TAYLOR WAS TALKING WALKING AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am done with this conversation you are obviously unwilling to grasp reality.

the answer is nobody. Tiki's 1662 rushing yards is the highest for anybody to ever retire on.

and i'm pretty sure his 234 yards against the skins is the highest for the last game of somebody's career.

I JUST TOLD YOU JASON TAYLOR WAS TALKING WALKING AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am done with this conversation you are obviously unwilling to grasp reality.

Talking about and actually doing so are quite different.

Thank god you were not around when I was a kid and talking about selling drugs to make money. I would be doing time in Attica.

If the conversation was "Big time player making big time money who are TALKING about retirement" and I said it never happens, well then you would have dispelled that notion, but sadly STRETCH that was not the case.

I am done with this too, its too easy.

See I disagree, why I am angry is because I think he is still such a great player and integral part of this team.

I do know that many players and opposing players cannot stand him, my friend works for WFAN in sales and he said a few years back at training camp they were doing a promo event with some players and they all were making fun of Tiki and citing his selfishness.

Nonetheless the guy is a great player and still capable.

yea but it is his right to leave on his own terms, it's not my business to question his reasons. i only want him to give his all while he's here. the proper time to do it, though, is today, after it's all done.

Tiki Barber? I think he was the last one to do that... :P:TU:;)

The only guy I can think of that retired semi recently at the top of his game is Robert Smith. Not to inturrupt your arguement, just throwin that out there. ;)

yes, he went on to medical school and a lucrative career in medicine. He was nowhere near the player of Tiki either.

The last one was Sanders. Most superstars go out kicking and screaming.

yea but it is his right to leave on his own terms, it's not my business to question his reasons. i only want him to give his all while he's here. the proper time to do it, though, is today, after it's all done.

Yes, today is when we should have heard about it, Not when a NYT writer was doing a piece and spending a day in the life of Tiki and he "overheard" Tiki when they were sitting in a car together talking to his brother about retiring during the bye week.

I will remember that as I read that he SIGNED A CONTRACT THAT WENT BEYOND 2006 and when I mail in my $2250.00 for my 3 season tickets this spring.

Your point has always been he was walking away from a contract. Not that he was at the top of his game and walking away. Only after I told you that players walk away from contracts all the time did you change your argument and demand I tell you of players who were in their prime.

Good night.

Your point has always been he was walking away from a contract. Not that he was at the top of his game and walking away. Only after I told you that players walk away from contracts all the time did you change your argument and demand I tell you of players who were in their prime.

Good night.

No I think I said it would be easier to take if he were not at the top of his game.

You know up until the last 2 games I really questioned Tiki's desire to win. He didn't look like he was giving himself up for those extra few yards or sacrificing his body. I hate to say it, but I think the Giants might be better off without his "I dont care anymore" attitude. I never thought I would say that and it really angers me. Once he announced his retirement he wasn't the leader of the team anymore. He didn't care.

At least guys like Jacobs want to play and will do anything they can to win.

Steve Young retired before his contract was up, Rich Gannon did the same thing.

Granted they were because of injuries.

Well at least you corrected your absolute fucking moronic point before I was able to laugh at it.