SportsWrath

so im listening to mike francessa

Herc

Definitely. I can also remember him taking a less-than-direct route to the endzone to prove something to Julian Peterson in that game... turns out he proved that he can't run over Peterson, and we settled for a FG.

My point is this: If I were GM, I'd like to put together a team with a work ethic along the lines of a New England Patriots. Find me the Jeremy Shockey on the New England Patriots.

He'll do some tremendously great things, and some monumentally stupid ones. I'd rather have a blue-collar guy who's consistenly rates a 6 or 7 then a guy who's a 10 on two plays, a 2 on the next, and a 2 throughout the week when he says something dumb.

He's just not the kind of guy that I'd want on my team... but like I said, I know I'm in the minority.

Naw, Seph, bad route or not, he had the ball in his hands and he let it slip. He fucked up, I never said he didn't, but the whole team and the defense in general lost the game.

The Pats scouting is far superior to ours, it's simple as that, whenever they have a guy that gives them grief, they have a ready made replacement for him. That's why teams want Pioli. And that's why Deion Branch is in Seattle. I figure if Shockey was in New England he'd be doing a lot less talking with Tom Brady throwing to him.

Definitely. I can also remember him taking a less-than-direct route to the endzone to prove something to Julian Peterson in that game... turns out he proved that he can't run over Peterson, and we settled for a FG.

Totally untrue, Shockey scored on the next play on a fade route over Ahmed Plummer.

You lose.

I'm still trying to figure out what he says that's counterproductive. When he said we were outcoached, HE WAS RIGHT!. Nothing Shockey has said has ever lead to us losing a game. And if this team focused on winning the game and had half of his enthusiasm for the game, he wouldnt' be spouting off. Hanlon said that Shockey was not a problem for the Giants and I think they truly feel that way.

You know it's funny, if you think about it, this year with all the negative stuff going on about the team, I think it's fair to say that Shockey came out of it all looking the best of anybody.

im not talking about that, imtalking about when he callsout theother team before a game, calls parcells a homo, etc. that kind of stuff is bulletin board material and isn't necessary

You got my vote. Shockey's attitude and stats haven't been the same since 2002. Plax is just Plax...a T.O. Lite.

Why you always on shock's balls? I want some of what you been smokin.

He's scored more td's in the last two years than in his first 3 combined.

Don't blame him because he didn't get more looks this year. Blame Eli or the plays called or the oc for giving Eli the progressions, but to blame Shockey is stupid. The wants the ball, he's a beast when he gets it.

How can you question him after that helmet losing play? Name anyone else on the team who would do that.

You want to question just his attitude that's fine, but don't question his game.

I agree complete with VG.

Eli is here to stay, and like it or not he's won games for us and he's a better than average QB with a big upside. As soon as he gets his INT numbers down he will be a Pro Bowler. We cant get rid of him, and he's going to be here for at least a few more years.

Shockey is here to stay. I cant see him going. He wants to win. He's limping all over the field playing with his helmet off. Thats a ton of desire and heart, more than I can say about a few guys on this team.

Plax could go and I wouldn't mind. I was impressed a bit with what he did in the playoffs. But his attitude stinks. Like somebody said, he's a shade below TO. I wouldn't signing a WR or using our 1st rounder on one.

You're correct on all counts, Plow. I love Eli (yep, he just has to get his INTs down and that will happen once we surround him with receivers who will get seperation and won't quit on plays.. besides we're getting Toomer back) and I love Shockey (he just has to wear ankle brace to keep his jelly ankles from getting sprained all the time.. I used to always sprained my ankles and those shits help.. they feel awkward at first but then you don't even feel them anymore)..

And Plax, though was impressive his last game needs to go. Although I think he will stay and will have a much better season next year. I thin Plax's attitude problems can be blamed on Coughlin's approach. Not everyone responds to being a hardass. If I was the Coach of that team, I'd summon Plax to my office and have a candid talk with him. Plax: (show highlights of WRs who made the pro bowl) look at these guys. Do you honestly believe they're better than you? Personally, I don't think so. And in 2007, I challenge you to make the pro bowl.

im not talking about that, imtalking about when he callsout theother team before a game, calls parcells a homo, etc. that kind of stuff is bulletin board material and isn't necessary

Midas, I'm using that as an example. Seriously though, how was calling parcells a homo counterproductive?. It wasn't a nice thing to do sure, but how does it change a game.maybe in the AFC West but what other division is there in football where the teams don't need incentive to get up for the game, they are all natural rivalry's. I would consider if Shockey was blurting out our gameplan to the press beforehand to be counterproductive, calling people names isn't that.

Guys are going to talk, if you need bulletin board material to get going, that's not good.

Midas, I'm using that as an example. Seriously though, how was calling parcells a homo counterproductive?. It wasn't a nice thing to do sure, but how does it change a game.maybe in the AFC West but what other division is there in football where the teams don't need incentive to get up for the game, they are all natural rivalry's. I would consider if Shockey was blurting out our gameplan to the press beforehand to be counterproductive, calling people names isn't that.

Guys are going to talk, if you need bulletin board material to get going, that's not good.

yeah, you SHOULDN'T need the bulletin board material but not everyone's perfect. everyone half-asses it some days at work. i keep a pic of my g/f in my office for days i feel like doing nothing, listen to rap when i work out, etc. i'm sure there are instances where his words dont mean a thing, but sometimes teams get fired up with bulletin board material, i know parcells hammered home his quote (which was taken out of context) to the cowboys before the 2nd giants/cowboys game. sometimes it hurts us, sometimes it doesn't, but it never helps, so i think it's best to err on the side of caution.

That whole..."Eli doesnt throw to Shock" is complete BS...Shockey is our leading WR!! He has more catches this year then Plax!!!

Get off him for that Saints game..HE HAD A BROKEN FINGER!! You try catching a football with a broken finger.

I take Shockey over any TE in the NFL...Why you ask...His attitude! He pumps this team up! He is what I want out of every player on this team....A guy who would fight to the death to win...I havent seen the same passion from a TE since the great Bavaro...Yeah thats right the BEST TE IN THE NFL SINCE BAVARO!!!

For those who say "Shockey is over rated"...HE IS THE 2nd FASTED TE IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL TO REACH 300 CATCHS how is that over rated

Why you always on shock's balls?

Don't blame him because he didn't get more looks this year. Blame Eli or the plays called or the oc for giving Eli the progressions, but to blame Shockey is stupid. The wants the ball, he's a beast when he gets it.

How can you question him after that helmet losing play? Name anyone else on the team who would do that.

You want to question just his attitude that's fine, but don't question his game.

More looks? If Shockey's ass would actually practice WITH Eli, maybe Shock would get more 'looks'. Notice how #81 Toomer got lots of LOOKS? Funny thing is you work out with your QB, you gain his trust in you. But Mr. Shockey wants to work out in Miami...then this so called tough guy breaks fingers on a Eli warmup pass? If you are so called practicing with your QB, shouldn't you know the velocity of his throws and avoid something like jammed and broke fingers? I don't know? And another thing, I can question his game, why???? Because why is this catt always hurt? None of your Top TE are 'always playing hurt' but Shockey has been hobbled for 3 STRAIGHT years. Ask yourself why? Is it the Miami workout? Hmmmmn??

That's the thing I respected about Tiki. Tiki came out as a little third down back/KR/PR...and he took the serious approach and worked out to make his game to what is is today; TOP NOTCH! I just don't see that in Shockey. Whether Shock is fragile or has an attitude remains to be my worry. Until Shockey gets physically and mentally better, I will ALWAYS question his "game".

(P.S. That WAS a memorable play when his helmet popped off and he was hungry again to get a 1st down)

If you are so called practicing with your QB, shouldn't you know the velocity of his throws and avoid something like jammed and broke fingers?

Well, uh, Antonio Freeman has a permanent broken finger from Brett Farve. They practiced everyday

when Freeman was a Packer. You lose.

It took 6-7 weeks for Shockey to show 'desire' and 'heart'. What happened in the New Orleans game, Mr. Shockey?? Granted, I can admit Shockey did play (in this ONE game) like he did in 2002 BUT...but, why wait till the Eagle game to do it? Shockey, we needed you in the Cowboy game, we needed you in the Saints game and we could have used you in the last loss to the Eagles.

I wouldn't trade Eli, I was kidding when I said trade Shockey and Eli for Vick and some draft picks. But there are numerous holes in this team; starting with O line depth, RB, possesion recievers, OLB, safety, quality corners, special team play...

Wait a second, you say what happened in the NO game, but then dont give him credit for the ONE game? Looks like the NO game and the playoffs were 1 game each... I don't see how you can bash him for ONE game and not give him credit for ONE game.

let's not revise history here, it's no coincidence that tiki didn't do shit until we drafted ron dayne. he needed a fire lit under his ass

Midas, Tiki was considered a 3rd down back before Dayne got here, and I think he was supposed to stay that way, but honestly, he showed up Dayne and that has a lot to do with Dayne underperforming.

Midas, Tiki was considered a 3rd down back before Dayne got here, and I think he was supposed to stay that way, but honestly, he showed up Dayne and that has a lot to do with Dayne underperforming.

he was a 2nd round pick, im sure they expected him to develop into more than a 3rd down back. it's not like showing up gary brown was any more difficult than showing up ron dayne, he simply didn't start performing until the giants showed that they didn't believe he was their answer as a featured back (by drafting dayne)

More looks? If Shockey's ass would actually practice WITH Eli, maybe Shock would get more 'looks'. Notice how #81 Toomer got lots of LOOKS? Funny thing is you work out with your QB, you gain his trust in you. But Mr. Shockey wants to work out in Miami...then this so called tough guy breaks fingers on a Eli warmup pass? If you are so called practicing with your QB, shouldn't you know the velocity of his throws and avoid something like jammed and broke fingers? I don't know? And another thing, I can question his game, why???? Because why is this catt always hurt? None of your Top TE are 'always playing hurt' but Shockey has been hobbled for 3 STRAIGHT years. Ask yourself why? Is it the Miami workout? Hmmmmn??

That's the thing I respected about Tiki. Tiki came out as a little third down back/KR/PR...and he took the serious approach and worked out to make his game to what is is today; TOP NOTCH! I just don't see that in Shockey. Whether Shock is fragile or has an attitude remains to be my worry. Until Shockey gets physically and mentally better, I will ALWAYS question his "game".

(P.S. That WAS a memorable play when his helmet popped off and he was hungry again to get a 1st down)

I agree that Shockey should practice with the team, but he's still a top notch TE. And playing hurt speaks more about his toughness than against it. Playing hurt means he's injured and still putting it on the field.

Make a valid point about his game if you're going to question it. So far you've said his stats dropped off after his rookie year: NOT TRUE. And you've said that Dallas Clark's production is equal to Shockey's: NOT TRUE. So at least stop pulling shit out of your ass. Come up with something.

32 teams in the NFL, Shock ranks 5th in catches, 11th in yards, 9th in yards/game, and 3rd in TD's while playing in one game less than most te's in the league. Every year he's ranked up there.

What's he have to do for you to consider him top notch? Suck your dick?

he was a 2nd round pick, im sure they expected him to develop into more than a 3rd down back. it's not like showing up gary brown was any more difficult than showing up ron dayne, he simply didn't start performing until the giants showed that they didn't believe he was their answer as a featured back (by drafting dayne)

I don't think Gary Brown was that bad Midas, he had 1000 yards on a bad team, plus he had exeperience as a starter before we picked him up.

i actually liked gary brown a lot when i was a kid, but i mean he's no world beater. a 2nd round pick who ended up developing into what tiki developed into should've been able to beat him out though

I agree that Shockey should practice with the team, but he's still a top notch TE. And playing hurt speaks more about his toughness than against it. Playing hurt means he's injured and still putting it on the field.

Make a valid point about his game if you're going to question it. So far you've said his stats dropped off after his rookie year: NOT TRUE. Come up with something.

32 teams in the NFL, Shock ranks 5th in catches, 11th in yards, 9th in yards/game, and 3rd in TD's while playing in one game less than most te's in the league. Every year he's ranked up there.

What's he have to do for you to consider him top notch? Suck your dick?

Easy big Guy...I don't get into men suckin' my dick. :P

Based on the above statement, I guess I supposed to love Shockey like 85% of y'all.

I got a question for you? What do you make of this 'leak' (rumor) that your boy Shockey wants to play for ther Eagles?? :confused:

...it would NOT surprise me ONE bit to see Shockey up and demand a trade during the off season Miami workouts. :P

Based on the above statement, I guess I supposed to love Shockey like 85% of y'all.

I got a question for you? What do you make of this 'leak' (rumor) that your boy Shockey wants to play for ther Eagles?? :confused:

...it would NOT surprise me ONE bit to see Shockey up and demand a trade during the off season Miami workouts. :P

I'd say it's just a rumor, and that Shockey has already refuted that rumor. He says he wants to retire with the Giants. Now does that just burn your balls or what?

It should be obvious to you by now that I'm not some homer blindly backing Shockey.

I've agreed about his practicing in Miami. I've agreed about his attitude.

I was also constantly fighting the giants.com crowd who wanted to annoint him as the next Bavaro.

The fact is statistically, whether you want to admit it or not, he's a top tier te in the nfl.

That's a fact and not my personal opinion.

Next.

I dont understand???? :confused: sounds like you must miss the old fab 4 garbage or something.

I'd say it's just a rumor, and that Shockey has already refuted that rumor. He says he wants to retire with the Giants. Now does that just burn your balls or what?

It should be obvious to you by now that I'm not some homer blindly backing Shockey.

I've agreed about his practicing in Miami. I've agreed about his attitude.

I was also constantly fighting the giants.com crowd who wanted to annoint him as the next Bavaro.

The fact is statistically, whether you want to admit it or not, he's a top tier te in the nfl.

That's a fact and not my personal opinion.

Next.

thank you :clap:

you know for a cave man your pretty wise . :TU: